Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Somali Men

Malika   

^There is something special about sharing 'every day duties' - its not because one appreciate them doing their duty, I think the gist was one appreciated that their sharing those duties,in good spirit,with love and affection.

Ibtisam   

CL and the rest will never agree because the take off point is not the same.

CL: Men & Women dont have different roles in the house, therefore they share everything equally- work, kids, cooking, cleaning and everything in between. Therefore if she cooks, works and looks after the kids 3days a week and he does it 2days a week, he is under performing and she is going way above her pay cheque in the marriage.

The rest: Women run the house, so if they guy drops in and helps with "THEIR" role, then that is something to appreciate as they are doing their ROLE and more. (But if the women works- (and therefore helping in his role) does she get special treatment? ) :Dicon_razz.gif

P.s. You can all thank me later. icon_razz.gif

Expectations, expectations.

It's actually interesting when you think about it...what do you expect for your life and from your marriage? And are your expectations the same as the next woman, Somali or otherwise? In fact, do they really need to be the same?

I don't see the point of blanket generalisations and assumptions. Surely, your marital life and status are as individual as you are?

Ibti- aha aha. But dam you.

Malika- sharing in good spirit, love and affection???? My foot. It’s given and one should expect that from ones son, brother, husband and father. Who made us the donkeys of household & child rearing responsibilities?

Val- I agree; women aren’t a homogenous entity, nor do we share a common experience. However, the current discussion despite the lightness in its formation, for me emphasizing on an outdate gender roles ….the idea that we should appreciate men who simply do the basic/give aspects of their roles is mindboggling to me. Isn’t that a limit to women aspiration & entitlement?

Anyhow humor me and tell me what are your expectation in a marital life status? Is it a joint-partnership agreement or lopsided one; where the female bares the majority? Are you roles clearly defined i.e. private and the public…did you agree on them before/discuss those expectation in advance and were clear to both of you…. Or ist all subconscious thus perpetuating the same old backward view of what it is to be a woman and a man?

Malika- wait am going to revive my mail order kusband scheme. Now all Somali shilling millionaires are old, short and boldly. Are you ok with that or open to $$millionaires who are not somali’s but could equally be short, boldly and socially challenged.

Malika   

^Life is too short,short,bold and socially challenged will just add to the shortness..Iga daa!. :D:D

ps.Society and nature has made us the donkeys..nature as in being a mother one DNA's natural response is to rear,care,and slave for its offspring. As for the society,I have confidence your here representing the revolution to emanticipate the women. icon_razz.gif

*Off to cook and hoover* :D

pss.Got Prince on the background,he sure makes housework easy.

CL, there will be no humouring. But suffice it to say, if a marriage is lopsided and both or one of the spouses is not being nurtured, then that marriage has no future.

Much like in every other type of relationship in life (parental, friendship, team mates, boss), you need to find a way to connect and sync with each other. It's the only way to negotiate and overcome both the mighty and the mundane obstacles that every path is strewn with.

But mpenzi- they will forever be greatful that a woman like you, yes you has given them the time and the day. Anyhow you will be too busy spending his money to care/you can even see him less depending on the schedules. And night all you have to do is close your eyes and call upon the men that tickles your feathers. icon_razz.gifsmile.gif:D I love you really.

We need to revive the 60s decade for women.

Prince mhhh; depends which song/album you listening to?

Val-coward. :D

Malika   

^I love you too.. :D ,again life is too short dear,just to pass it whilst closing ones eyes and calling upon the fantasies.. :D for mere shoes,handbags,spa's,holidays and nice cars icon_razz.gif Iga daa.

:D

^ Usheeg Malika. It's about true love. Hot, pure, all encompassing, overpowering love. The cold, shallow, emotion-free, money-orientated stuff she's offering is not even worth an H&M bag, and you know how ugly those are. Usheeg. :D

Kool_Kat   

CL, walahi I don't mean this as insult, but you're still very young if you're still at the 'they will forever be greatful that a woman like you, yes you has given them the time and the day' stage...Iga daa... :D

When one experiences love, true love at that, one learns to appreciate and experience life at its best (or as close to as possible)! ;) Marka yariisee, when you find that Faarax (yes FAARAX) we should have this discussion... icon_razz.gif Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the 'he's lucky to have a woman like me', but reality is far different...I'm now at the stage of 'he's lucky to have found me, as much as I'm to have found him'...And add a little mansha'allah... icon_razz.gif

Reality is married women complain about their husband's lack of responsibility, single women complain how hard it is to find a good man...Good men are out there, we just need to see things differently...Marka walaashiis, when you get a good, responsible, dedicated, decent man, who appreciates you just as much as you do, you're life is just that much more eisier and happier! And anyone who makes you feel that way is worth to praise/appreciate/a pat on the back, however you want to call it...Yep!!!

Intaa baan uga baxay, hadii kale jiiro-jiiro lee isugu noqoneynaa...