Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Troll, Shah and Sheeko

Ibtisam   

^^The PMs- thats for them to get over, well half will write me off in the bad bad people's book- and the other half, to be honest I was never going to get on with someone who shouts you effin islaweyn qaladan. I think they have more issues with clan than I, who they are trying to preach to.

The voicemail was a request for help.... Well not with the lynching mob but with my mad boss. :D

^LoL. I am sitting here in my coat still reading that qabiil thread when I should be shopping. It's really effing bothering me this time round. Walaahi, I am beginning to think everyone I meet is a hypocrite who thinks I'm a pile of doo-daa from a certain tribe when all I see in them is them.

More fool me, perhaps. Damn it all.

I'll call you later after some retail therapy.

Juxa   

sayid, sokor iigu shub my shaah and dont be baqiil, there is plenty of sugar wadankan maaha qardho (need to focus on qardho)

ibti, dont mind them abaayo, it really is silly, i mean our beliefs are ours alone and you were not sweet girl to begin with, marka no harm done

sheh what voicemail? what what what

Juxa- waar baal hayaaay…I’m now very suspicious of you. Haa rabta? My weekend was like everyone else…..in-doors trying to stay warm. How was yours and how was faheema’s fat free cake.

Hello mpendwa, za hali na baridi? Malika you know i have a thing for short man, especially old short men with lopsided features.

Malika   

^Hey dear..all is good,missing kitchen party iyo rusha roho siku hizi..credit crunch has reduced all the fun..lol :D

Sheh,it bothers you? It scares the hell out me..Loooool

I havent taken advantage of Jan Shopping at all this year,tolow is anything left in the shops?

Ibtisam   

Loool Sheh. I think everyone sees individuals until the parents ask "oo waayo and then you go back and say War maxad aheyad?" and that only happens in matters of marriage. I think in the west that is the only time anyone ever bothers mentioning clans or it is likely to impact on us. Nevertheless we cannot control what people think of us as an individual or clan, but we can control what we think and how we justify it.

In the Somali context clan matters- if not to you individually then to your parents or someone in your family;- at least enough for them to ask wa ayao.

Maybe in about 3-4 generations or so, parents won’t ask what clan is he/she, but it is a dominate question still.

Juxa smile.gif Somalis will be Somalis. Remember when we were doing the fundraising, people kept asking me if the money is going to Burco. :rolleyes:

Sheh enjoy your shopping and don't kill the shoppers with your cill- you should've gone while everyone was still at work though- now you have to fight the after work rush.

Here you are Juxa - nuskiilo sonkor ah baan ku dadhay. :D200265009-001.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=5

LOL@ Sheh - consider a guy from Qardho - they don't descriminate, they only append when one doesn't appease anymore :D

hello! these future parents are you, Ibts. You will not suddenly make different rules for your daughters.

Anyway, hiding behond parents is an excuse for not being personally held responsibly for your choices. If you refuse someone because your parents say he is the wrong tribe, you are responsible not they. They voice an opinion, you act upon it. Let's stop putting this on the parents.

Ibtisam   

^^Sheh Depends on how much they object, and how much you stick to your guns.

If you feel strongly enough I'm sure you will object loudly enough. Some parents are more set than others. My family will object- but quietly, so I would not have to fight them- they will just tell me lots of stereotypes about the said clan and joke about it, but they will never say you cannot marry this person.

Sayid: Do you have guys from Qardho just sitting around your office- meel kasta you are offering one to girls :D

Juxa   

ibti, i did agree with you, it matters, if not you then parents or extended family.

lakin where some people felt offended is when you said reer kofur waxay la midyihiin minority groupka, specially since the idea of the topic was to stop widespread discrimination against dadkaa, adiguna waad ka sii dartay.

having said my bit, and indeed in a very loud voice, everyone of us is entitled for their own preference, it does not made you a bad person.

runti rabi baa jecel.

if i am honest i do have my own preferences too.

qalaas, can we go back to our happy cake-loving sessions now?

CL, stop being suspicious, i like each and everyone of you (ladies only) for different reasons aaheey, now why were you in doors?