Sign in to follow this  
Kamaavi

Music Thread [ Wat ar u listening 2]

Aaliyyah   

Naxar Nugaaleed lol, please point out to me how the link you posted agrees with your point of view...???!!

It is talking abt how entertaining, singing, and playing is allowed. None of that I said was haraam..I was talking abt music with instruments being haraam.

Singing of course is halaal ( and that is nasheeds)....and of course entertainment s halaal too..

and to answer your question of course music is idle talk...wixi naftaada duni ama akhirba ku anfaceen waa idle talk..nasheeds however are exception since most of the nasheeds are talking abt topics that are related to Islam and hence you are learning something frm them..Of course we are talking about here nasheeds without instruments (nasheeds that have instruments are not allowed in Islam regardless of the content)

where the usual songs that most ppl nowadays listen to..have music instruments and the lyrics are not all that great or useful.

secondly, to answer your question you can't listen to music without it misleading you from the path of Allah...cuz clearly adoo maanto dhan music dhageesanayey waxa dhici karta in salaadi aa ka wahsatid..hada xita ka wahsana waxa dhici kara that you pray without really feeling that taqwa (your heart can't just change from one mode to another)

my 3 cents

salaam

Salam Naxar

brother, there are many things that made the scholars say that Music is haram, first of all there is this hadith:

“Among my ummah there will be people who will regard as permissible adultery, silk, alcohol and musical instruments.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5590)

About how the scholars came to conclusion that this vers “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6] was talking about music and singing.

It was actually the great Sahabi Ibn Abbas, and he was one of the most knowledgeable person ever about matters of the religion, that made this tafsir.

It says in one of the tafsir:

The scholar of the ummah, Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: this means singing.

Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him, is Ibn abbas's student) said: this means playing the drum (tabl). (Tafseer al-Tabari, 21/40).

And not only that we have tons of reports form the early scholars, like the Sahaba, the tabi'ien(the ones after the sahaba), and all 4 different school of thoughts(Malik, Ahmed, Shafi'i, Hanafi), that all saying that music is haram, and that's what they have heard from the scholars before them. And we should know that these people know the arabic language better than anyone, and they(the sahaba) had the prophet(salallahu alayhi wasalam) to ask if they didn't understand.

And what we are talking about here is "musical instrument"! Making anasheed without "musical instrument" is of course ok.

Brother wallahi, if we would read and listen to the quran everyday we wouldn't need music or even have time for it. Our hearts would bee filled with the joy and hapinnes of the quran. But we are today in a state where music makes us happy, and alive, and when the quran is being played we dont feel anything, May Allah soften our hearts.

al-miskiin;732221 wrote:
salam naxar

brother, there are many things that made the scholars say that music is haram, first of all there is this hadith:

“among my ummah there will be people who will regard as permissible adultery, silk, alcohol and musical instruments.” narrated by al-bukhaari (5590)

about how the scholars came to conclusion that this vers “and of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. Music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of allaah…” [luqmaan 31:6] was talking about music and singing.

It was actually the great sahabi ibn abbas, and he was one of the most knowledgeable person ever about matters of the religion, that made this tafsir.

It says in one of the tafsir:

The scholar of the ummah, ibn ‘abbaas (may allaah be pleased with him) said: This means singing.

Mujaahid (may allaah have mercy on him, is ibn abbas's student) said: This means playing the drum (tabl). (tafseer al-tabari, 21/40).

And not only that we have tons of reports form the early scholars, like the sahaba, the tabi'ien(the ones after the sahaba), and all 4 different school of thoughts(malik, ahmed, shafi'i, hanafi), that all saying that music is haram, and that's what they have heard from the scholars before them. And we should know that these people know the arabic language better than anyone, and they(the sahaba) had the prophet(salallahu alayhi wasalam) to ask if they didn't understand.

And what we are talking about here is "musical instrument"! Making anasheed without "musical instrument" is of course ok.

Brother wallahi, if we would read and listen to the quran everyday we wouldn't need music or even have time for it. Our hearts would bee filled with the joy and hapinnes of the quran. But we are today in a state where music makes us happy, and alive, and when the quran is being played we dont feel anything, may allah soften our hearts.

water is haram