Sign in to follow this  
Somali09

APOSTASY - Leaving Islam

Ibti- I fully embrace my serious attachments and emotional expressing problems- actually let me go and support Oz Girl on her thread.

p.s didn't you get the memo? The old man dumped me for a younger model (can you believe that? That ungrateful so and so, he even played to the left, to the left while he handed me my black bin bag) despite the fact that i was a second wife to an old man, I still have standards that JB can’t meet.

Paragon   

I am very content with my belief in atheism and do express it openly.

Good for you. Now shut up. We're not the gate-keepers of this faith my friend. You let yourself out so now stay out. What more is there to nacnac about? Nothing.

Johnny B   

** Johnny spreads his arms waiting for Somali09 , come on man , give your free-thinking brother a hug..... That was better. ;)

You know , if we believed in God, I'd be the one saying the blessings, like, 'may God protect you, may we meet in paradise' etc etc .. Now that we don't believe in God (as boring and emotionally dry as it might be according to our theist brothers/sisters),le t me tell you why it takes two Atheist to do SOL, it always takes two Atheists to do anything, to even change a light bulb , because, One will actually change the bulb, and the other will videotape the job so fundamentalists like NGONGE won’t claim that god did it. **

Ibti ,you were much better in that circle, you'd Serenity staying up at nights just to keep Val away from your 'jareer'.

I hope the scene of me and Somali09 hugging gives you & CL a lighter Ramadan-day. icon_razz.gif

CL,

Horta, what is so bad about being refereed to as 'my lady'? be she cynical or mother goose ?!

*** Johnny angrily rips his shirt off and goes ... LOOK @ ME ***. :D

Reminds me of one of the reasons why God never got a PhD, because when one experiment went awry, he tried to cover it by drowning his subjects, ----> Noah and prototypes icon_razz.gif

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Johnny B:

Reminds me of one of the reasons why God never got a PhD,
icon_razz.gif

Saan maa hada ka daaacad ah? illaahay utowbad keen ninyoho

BiLaaL   

SOLers, i suspect something more sinister in this thread. In this day and age, we cannot afford to be naive - like it or not SOL has become a nesting place for all kinds of folks trying to gather information about our community. Sometimes for noble purposes but other times for ill.

And NO, i'm not being delusional. Although I normally post in the Politics section, i'm a logical fellow. Norf can attest to this (you'll back me up won't you Norf smile.gif )

Be patient with me for a moment and i'll explain why we need to be more sceptical about this fellow. I'll address some of the points in his/her latest reply.

Somali09, your confused reply alludes to a number of points.

1. That you're not Somali.

2. That your understanding of what atheism actually stands for is flawed (since your understanding of the concept is flawed, would it be fair to assume that you're simply pretending to be one?).

3. The above two points lead me to conclude that you have an ulterior motive - possibly related to gauging the number of members on this forum with 'fundamentalist' Islamic views. Your topic selection and the fact you paid particular attention to the only reply pertaining to hudud, goes some way in revealing what your initial intentions may have been.

Originally posted by Somali09:

YES i am
somalian

The correct term is 'Somali'. It is implausible that a true Somali would get this wrong.

It is just a belief in the non-existance of any super natural force. To me, also humanism: ""Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance, which affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives".

Atheism and Humanism aren't comparable. They stand and argue for two distinct causes. Your borrowed definition of Humanism is correct. Where you err is in trying to link the two. Simply put, the humanist does not place much value on the existence or otherwise of God - it is simply irrelevant. Whereas non belief in God is central to Atheism.

The assertion put forth in the second point which i raised above gains traction given your inability to properly explain the concept.

I will reiterate, I have no problem with religion - you believe in what you want and I will do the same. Its a matter of FAITH.

I believe in evidence and quite content with natural & scientific explanation. To me a belief in something in the face of invalidating evidence is an illusion.

Again you're either being haphazard with your use of language or you simply do not know. Atheists themselves argue against the idea that atheism is a faith. Faith is to accept something as being true without having all the evidence (referred to as Ghaib, in Islam).

I could go on but i'll stop here.

To SOLers, I believe that this member is neither Somali nor Atheist. It is more plausible that he/she is an agent from one of the security agencies. Lookout for more 'controversial' topics (mainly centered around Islam) from this member. And with that in mind, I urge you all to be more sceptical and exercise more caution. Whatever you do, do not engage in a private conversation with such members.

We are a community of brothers and sisters here. I think we ought to look out for one another.

Somali09, if your aim is what I suspect it to be, it would pay to do some research.

nuune   

I have been in the west for
7 yrs
now and to be honest, the environment we live in does
affect
us or
change
us.

Case closed, thanks Koolokaat for spotting this, there is no need for debate or to enage any debate with Somali09.

Ismahaan   

Subhan Allah. Mr Somali you are perfectly free to choose your own path but I suggest that you do more research into why you dislike Islam before you make judgements and accusations based on no evidence. Remember Allah doesn’t need you, you need HIM. So whether you convert to Islam or out of Islam doesn't make Allah or Islam less valuable. I believe that it is better to know than to be ignorant but as Benjamin Franklin once said. "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn."

Ps: Mr Somali hadaa somali tahay maxaad soomaali ugu hadli waaysey lagu dhufayeh??

nuune   

^^^ loooool@ismahaan lool@lagu dhufaye, mar horaa iigu danbeesay ma maqal, thanks for dat smile.gif & Ramadan kariim

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Ismahaan:

Ps: Mr Somali hadaa somali tahay maxaad soomaali ugu hadli waaysey lagu dhufayeh??

After seven loooooong years being in the 'West' wuu iloobay afkaan fooshaxun aad ku hadashaan...Uma jeedid miyaa suu u turuurixinooyo afIngiriiska? :D

Nuunka, as I read his post the only thing that came to mind was 'gadaal kagaaraa goobtii dumyay', hence the west changing him after only seven years...XASHAC! Just wait and see when he's been in the west for ten years...

Originally posted by BiLaaL:

SOLers, i suspect something more sinister in this thread. In this day and age, we cannot afford to be naive - like it or not SOL has become a nesting place for all kinds of folks trying to gather information about our community. Sometimes for noble purposes but other times for ill.

And NO, i'm not being delusional. Although I normally post in the Politics section, i'm a logical fellow. Norf can attest to this (you'll back me up won't you Norf
smile.gif
)

Be patient with me for a moment and i'll explain why we need to be more sceptical about this fellow. I'll address some of the points in his/her latest reply.

Somali09, your confused reply alludes to a number of points.

1. That you're not Somali.

2. That your understanding of what atheism actually stands for is flawed (since your understanding of the concept is flawed, would it be fair to assume that you're simply pretending to be one?).

3. The above two points lead me to conclude that you have an ulterior motive - possibly related to gauging the number of members on this forum with 'fundamentalist' Islamic views. Your topic selection and the fact you paid particular attention to the only reply pertaining to hudud, goes some way in revealing what your initial intentions may have been.

quote:

Originally posted by Somali09:

YES i am
somalian

The correct term is 'Somali'. It is implausible that a true Somali would get this wrong.

It is just a belief in the non-existance of any super natural force. To me, also humanism: ""Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance, which affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives".

Atheism and Humanism aren't comparable. They stand and argue for two distinct causes. Your borrowed definition of Humanism is correct. Where you err is in trying to link the two. Simply put, the humanist does not place much value on the existence or otherwise of God - it is simply irrelevant. Whereas non belief in God is central to Atheism.

The assertion put forth in the second point which i raised above gains traction given your inability to properly explain the concept.

I will reiterate, I have no problem with religion - you believe in what you want and I will do the same. Its a matter of FAITH.

I believe in evidence and quite content with natural & scientific explanation. To me a belief in something in the face of invalidating evidence is an illusion.

Again you're either being haphazard with your use of language or you simply do not know. Atheists themselves argue against the idea that atheism is a faith. Faith is to accept something as being true without having all the evidence (referred to as
Ghaib
, in Islam).

I could go on but i'll stop here.

To SOLers, I believe that this member is neither Somali nor Atheist. It is more plausible that he/she is an agent from one of the security agencies. Lookout for more 'controversial' topics (mainly centered around Islam) from this member. And with that in mind, I urge you all to be more sceptical and exercise more caution. Whatever you do, do not engage in a private conversation with such members.

We are a community of brothers and sisters here. I think we ought to look out for one another.

Somali09, if your aim is what I suspect it to be, it would pay to do some research.
I Second brother Bilaal's post above.

Case Closed - :cool: She/He should move on.

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

After seven loooooong years being in the 'West' wuu iloobay afkaan fooshaxun aad ku hadashaan...Uma jeedid miyaa suu u turuurixinooyo afIngiriiska?
:D

Hehe Baal maa argtay mucjisodan? goormay seven years noqotay xili waax lagu illaawo?

Waar anigo sanka diif iga socodo baan soo galay this forsaken country

And I’ve managed quite well to keep it “somalicentric”

;)

And maaya, maaya, I don’t live in meel Somali jogto, so scratch that.

I’ll agree though… to the notion that

Folks tend to become “products” of their environment.

Lakin I also learned ilahay placed us in certain areas like tuladan aan jogo

For a reason… test our iman I suppose!

Meel mugdi hada kuu jirto, it is up to you to find Nurka ilahay!

:D

Warka intaas boh kuu egyahay... xili ramadan baa lagu jira ee naga xishow atore!