Sign in to follow this  
Somali09

APOSTASY - Leaving Islam

Blessed   

Jaanka and Dabshid,

Stop the aggression brothers, use this as an opportunity to address the issues he may raise, seek knowledge and give da'wah - which are all Fard.

Even if the poster and others ask questions to cause confusion or offend. It's nothing new and there could be a silent reader that gets benefit from the discussion and Insha Allah you'll get rewarded for your efforts.

This post and the differing reactions within it actually raised up the whole issue of Al-walaa wal baraa for me which I need to look up on. So I got some benefit from it. smile.gif

Somali09   

I am very content with my belief in atheism and do express it openly. And yes, a lot in my family dont like it (putting it mildly) but I can only be me - i dont approve of pretending or lying.

YES i am somalian, why is it hard to believe that one can never be anything other than a muslim? I didnt practice it to blend in - it was just expected growing up. I have been in the west for 7 yrs now and to be honest, the environment we live in does affect us or change us. However, I believe my doubts developed long ago, I just couldnt debate/question/eval uate them.

It is not against the nature of atheism to flock or join together. Its normal for people of similar views, political ideas, religion, hobbies etc to join together in some form of a group. So why not atheism? It is just a belief in the non-existance of any super natural force. To me, also humanism:

""Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance, which affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives. It stands for the building of a more humane society through an ethic based on human and other natural values in the spirit of reason and free inquiry through human capabilities"

Johnny B: you are correct when you pointed out that "every absurdity has a champion who will defend it". However, i am sure you will agree that what people consider an absurdity differes from one person to another. My views are absurd to many here....and vice versa.

I may not like some posts but I respect people right to make them. Its only a discussion, why do I have to refrain my views at certain times of the year? You continue to practice Islam 365 days of the year and i presume openly wherever you are - so why cant I express mine equally?

I have always found it curious why religion demands more respect than other types of beliefs - political, moral or ethical..etc???

Why cant we have a discussion without someone calling for my DEATH? See this is one of the reasons why I began to look at the whole notion of allah critically - how can you feel comfortable calling for the death of another human being on the mere diferrence of opinions???

I will reiterate, I have no problem with religion - you believe in what you want and I will do the same. Its a matter of FAITH.

I believe in evidence and quite content with natural & scientific explanation. To me a belief in something in the face of invalidating evidence is an illusion.

YES i am somalian,

and i am Somali. 'nice' to read your post.

and "Lakum diina kum waaliya diin" = "To you your way of life/religion; to me mine".

Johnny B   

Somali09, thanks for clarifying that your arrival just coincided with Oz Girl's.

You see me n my cynical lady, and our best Friend Ngonge Jama Bulhan and his sister-in-law Ibtisam are all of the idea that one slightly comes off as a man of issues if he is not capable of safeguarding fellow human beings' sensibilities.

Though some think letting every religiously camouflaged absurdity pass as legitimate reality is taking the art of bending over backwards to another level, Knowing that we're in the month of Ramadan, Religious sensibilities are abundant, and just for that reason alone it is neither wise no proper to engage in a deeply rational dialogue with highly sanctimonious people.

I too am or consider myself a fellow freethinker (whatever that means ;) ). :D

Perhaps I should have mentioned it, but going in flocks was meant as in the sense of Religious people , you know, we're brothers.

ScarFace   

Originally posted by Somali09:

YES i am somalian, why is it hard to believe that one can never be anything other than a muslim? I didnt practice it to blend in - it was just expected growing up. I have been in the west for 7 yrs now and to be honest, the environment we live in does affect us or change us. However, I believe my doubts developed long ago, I just couldnt debate/question/eval uate them.

To tell you the truth someone should send you back to meet the likes of Al-shabaab.

You sound like one Emerati brother I knew in Uni who came over on scholarship from the UAE. While here he took up drinking/smoking weed/..had a jewish/russian girlfriend and always used to question Islam and our beloved book.(Now this brother finished the Qura'n and knows the meaning)

Walaahi God works in mysterious ways now after he finished his degree, he tried his hardest to stay in the UK(looking for a job/white woman to marry for her passport etc) and he finally got deported back to the UAE....Guess what he said as he was leaving the country "How am I going to quit smokin/drinking as my family and mother did not know..I cant go back to her like this, they will kill me"....

The environment only changes you if you follow rather than being your own leader.

and just for that reason alone it is neither wise no proper to engage in a deeply rational dialogue with highly sanctimonious people.

hahahahahaah now that is an art.

Ibtisam   

ScarFace, you are still alive!!! Mashallah. smile.gif

Hey Johnny :mad: I am out of that little circle.

Poster: Give Johnny a big hug, you guys are free-thinking families. icon_razz.gif

ScarFace   

Ibti alive and kicking....

I see we have an atheist join this place, when did we start letting loose people post topics on here. I thought you was the guardian of SOL?

Ibti- at least you’re not referred to as “You see me n my cynical lady”.

ScarFace-long time indeed, you see even Ibti missed you and she hardly misses anyone. smile.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOL CL, it is okay you can tell him you missed him without hiding behind me icon_razz.gif You have serious attachment and emotional expressing problems haadi kaaley :D

LOOL @ You see me n my cynical lady. When you did not object, I though you moved over from being Ngonge 2nd wife to JB lady. :eek: :eek:

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

Still no reasons given is to WHY they leave. A debate they are afraid of me thinks.

Did you not read this:

I have been in the west for 7 yrs now and to be honest, the environment we live in does affect us or change us.

Westiga dadka wey ilbixisaa dee huuno, duh... :D