Sign in to follow this  
Somali09

APOSTASY - Leaving Islam

The Zack   

Qalbi, welcome back.

Marx, LOOOL don't worry he will behave this time, he probably went through the same orientation that you have gone through when you were coming back.

Somali09   

Okay for the 3rd time, what is my profile name - "Somali09" - I believe it does say somali!!!!

However, I still prefer to refer to the whole community as somalians. As incorrect it may be to others, its a term I and most people I know use.

Atheism and Humanism - I dont recall saying that being an atheist automatically makes one a humanist, my actual words were "go hand in hand better than humanism and any religious system". They are not the same thing, there are subtle differences. The reason why they compliment each other is because BOTH SYSTEMS REJECT SUPERNATURALISM (including God)

here are other doctrines that are similar: free enquiry, reason, personal freedom & choice, ethics based on human values (not holy books) etc.

Now tell me does Islam stand for free enquiry?? Freedom to make your own choices??

I have to admit your statement about atheism rejecting evidentiary proof is baffling to me. Please educate me on what evidence that atheism (a supposedly evidence based system) rejects???

I believe in natural origin of life & evolution because the EVIDENCE that we have SUPPORTS it. On the other hand no religion has ever provided proof of the existance of God - by the way someone saying that they had an audience with god does not constitute evidence.

To the person referring to me as Exhibit A: my comment about the All Merciful and Compassionate was not refferinig to you rather what you would like to do to me as an example of living up to one of the names of Allah!

Atheist are just that ATHEIST. There are some people who may hid behind agnosticism and even more who will continue to follow in the religion they were born into out of either obligations or fear. Fear of what their families/friends/ community might react to them. However, there are still more of us, happily making our beliefs openly.

Please explain to me why would it be "smart" to call oneself agnostic rather than atheism????

If i understand it correctly, YOU are saying that I have no right to say that God does not exist because I have no evidence to prove he doesnt exist.

It makes sense at a glance but lets examine it more closely by looking at EVIDENCE. The reason why I am confident that there is no god is because all holy books are fallible. All the so called "scientific" facts mentioned in the Quran are either false or borrowed from existing knowledge at the time. You would thing an "intelligent" being with limitless powers will mention to his prophet of our evolution, history, age of dinosours.....etc. But suprise suprise it doesnt. Apparently, human history started with Adam & Eve no more than 10 yrs ago.

So if the evidence that we have disputes all the so called facts put forth in the quran - which is wrong?

Its basically what we call "God of Holes". Let me elaborate, science does not have 100% knowledge about EVERYTHING in the universe. But its beauty and what drives scientist is the desire to unravel the unknown. And what religion does is that it finds holes in the scientific knowledge and automatically declares "There you see...its filled by god explanation". Unfortunately, as we know more and plug the holes, religion keeps moving its god to other holes for so called "evidence". How long do you think you can continue pushing the goalpost???

I thing its best that people acquaint themselves with the Big Bang theory rather than think its all about BOOOOM, EXPLOSIONS and SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING. I suggest you check out the link below:

http://www.umich.edu /~gs265/bigbang.htm

Its such an amazing theory. And again the evidence we currently have supports this theory.

HOWEVER, what we do not know for certain is what was there before the big bang. There are some theories put forth like for example the universe has always gone through Big Bangs and Busts - but nothing YET to definately support a particular theory.

I am curious, why the Big Bang never mentioned in the Quran (or any other holy book)? That galaxies are moving apart in all directions....etc??? ??

I seriously could not believe what you wrote that the scientific knowledge that we have constitutes "fairy tales". Commonnnn!!!

I suppose explanations such as:

- World created in 6 days.

- Eve coming from adam

- Noahs Ark (over 50,000 species in one boat....by the way how did the Kangaroo jump his way from Australia)

- Prophets (humans) living for hundreds of years

- flying on a horse between cities

etc....etc......etc. .....etc

THAT DOES NOT CONSTITUTES FAIRY TALES???????

Have you read and examined the Quran fully?? Somethings just dont make sense.

nuune   

An atheist in da making, waryaa keep your stuff to yourself, dat is wot atheists do.

Reading articles on the internet reduced you to this.

If you don't like Islam & Muslims, dat is fine, you are free and don't look back, horey u sii soco torobo maalaa yacni iskoronyo iskiifo.

I am curious, why the Big Bang never mentioned in the Quran (or any other holy book)? That galaxies are moving apart in all directions....etc??? ??

Again, cheap stuff, if you are familiar with the science of Quran, you wouldn't have uttered such silly remarks

Have you read and examined the Quran fully??

Yeah, but i see that you have NOT.

Originally posted by Somali09:

I am curious, why the Big Bang never mentioned in the Quran (or any other holy book)?

in response to the above:

Do the unbelievers not realize that the heavens and the earth used to be one solid mass that we exploded into existence? And from water we made all living things. Would they believe?

(The Qur'an 21:30)

i guess they don't believe!

He created seven universes in layers. You do not see any imperfection in the creation by the Most Gracious. Keep looking; do you see any flaw? Look again and again; your eyes will come back stumped and conquered.

(The Qur'an 67:34) i guess this for only those with sight or "men of understanding"

God's ultimate power and the atom concept: You do not get into any situation, nor do you recite any Qur'an, nor do you do anything, without us being witnesses thereof as you do it. Not even an atom's weight is out of your Lord's control, be it in the heavens or the earth. Nor is there anything smaller than an atom, or larger, that is not recorded in a profound record.

(The Qur'an 10:61)

Geological Fact: When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving, like the clouds. Such is the manufacture of GOD, Who perfected everything. He is fully Cognizant of everything you do.

The creation of human beings

(The first revelation - The Embryo):

Read in the name of your Sustainer, Who has created man out of a germ-cell!Read, for your Sustainer is the most Bountiful One, Who has taught man the use of the pen, taught man what he did not know ! Nay, verily, man becomes grossly overweening whenever he believes himself to be self-sufficient: for, behold, unto your Sustainer all must return.

(The Qur'an 96:1-8)

Nay, verily, man becomes grossly overweening whenever he believes himself to be self-sufficient:

^i guess that sums up what you are all about.

nuune   

^^ the kid doesn't listen to anyone, and doesn't engage any debate with anyone, Norf already gave up waiting.

I think he is in love with himself, and I know da kind of articles dat he reads which made him become maalaa yacni :D

Ms DD   

This isnt the place to look for enlightment Ngonge. Besides people have answered to him. But have a go yourself. 'soco' ma soconeyso..you are right.

Not sure what somali09 is looking for. If he wants scientific proof whether the Quran is the truth, He should know that the Quran isnt science book. However as Sayid Somal posted few info, science has recently discovered issues in the Quran. If he is really seeking the truth, this isnt the place to find it. Imams, Libraries and student of knowledge are his best option.

You know, the world is a funny place. Where I live non-Muslims are becoming Muslims by the day. There is hardly a Friday prayer when someone new is not accepting Islam. Now the people that I are becoming Muslims are educated Americans who have a good understanding of not only science but also other religions. and you know what, they are better Muslims than we are for the most part. For example, I met a guy about 6 years ago and he told me then that he has been a Muslim for 2 years. I saw the same guy couple weeks ago with a degree is Islamic Sharia and Arabic from the University of Medina. He is now a sheikh!!

So when I see someone claiming to be a Somali (and therefore a former Muslims) saying they no longer believe, I wonder who is missing out.

Somali09, Islam does not need you.. it's you who needs Islam. I hope you realize that sooner than later.

Allah says:

Say: O disbelievers! (1) I worship not that which ye worship; (2) Nor worship ye that which I worship. (3) And I shall not worship that which ye worship. (4) Nor will ye worship that which I worship. (5) Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. (6)