Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

SOL's own Census

Originally posted by Farah Blue:

^ I see you have an artwork of Maurits C. Escher as avatar. I don't draw as much as I used to, actually I don't anymore. But I like his mathematical technique which creates 'impossible' images. I once drew a teardrop on a child's face with the work on your avatar as inspiration. But I think I lost it.

Hey..you recognised it. Yeah, it's Escher's Dewdrop. :cool:

^^ i would agree with you, tribe or no tribe, Xamar will always be home - and i doubt Xamar is designated for one particular tribe, prior to the war, every tribe lived there and after the chaos, all tribes shall return to it.

^They already live in Moqadisho, despite the war and hardship. Every tribe and clan in Somalia is represented in that city, former capital city of ours!

On another issue may I add, that being from Gaalkacyo does not symbolise of being from one clan as there are many clans residing in Gaalkacyo unless specifically stated so, trust me I know that city just too well to be honest.

You'll find all tribes possible and imaginable in that city.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Bishitta:

Is this another Somglish way of asking everyone's tribe? Why not PM me, I'll gladly tell you.

We don't all think the same you know. If you think by asking your birth place is another way of asking you your tribe, that is your way of seeing things, not mind.

Sakhar I would agree with you that there are many different tribes that reside in these cities, however, the majority of the people know that one particular tribe has all the advantages, while minorities are dictated.

Speaking of Major10/Land there are many tribes, but there is the occasional war between factions --- so lets not assume they all live under the guidelines of peace and justice.

RedSea   

To those folks who are changing the subject, I say to you respectably stop changing the topic.

If you want to participate, please do so based on the way the thread is intended . If not, and you would want to talk about something else. Then fantashiruu fil ardi; meaning start your own topic fadlan.

Assalamu Calaykum.

Hayat   

ok, this is somewhat going to sound weird, but i was actually born in burco. i grew up there and went to burtenlee. i also stayed in galkacyo, and it was to new zealand from there. from new zealand i came to autralia, melbourne. and here i am.

Kashafa   

Adeer, xamar cid kastaa ka timide, Aabahaa xagu ku dhashay.

A:
Usi laftiisa Xamaras ku dhashtay
, (Isku raran)

O: hmm, waxan ku waydiiyey, Awoowgaana?

:D:D

USA --> KSA --> USA

Kulu shay yarjac ilaa aslihi :D

Miriam1   

^ lol

Um you all seem to have moved to several countries...min seems to be three stops here before reaching your final destination...

Well I was born and breed in Qatar, took an airplane trip to Toronto in the late 90's and I have lived in the city since then!

I dont expect to leave either..its just so beautiful, I am in love with spring wallah. Had a picnic the other day by the lake..amazing. I know this would sound very cliche..but gazing at the beauty of the lake early in the morning, with the sun hiting it in that angle, it looked like there were millions of diamonds in the water, i was amazed...felt so tiny held in its presence and also exteremly annoyed with myself its literally in my backyard a ten min walk and I have barely been there more then 4 times!!

But will be visitng Somalia for the first time this summer. lets see how its, if it lives up to all that hype...

RedSea   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

Kulu shay yarjac ilaa aslihi
:D

Including Mr. Kashafa from the land of his forefathers.

RedSea   

Originally posted by ViBe:

ok, this is somewhat going to sound weird, but i was actually born in burco. i grew up there and went to burtenlee. i also stayed in galkacyo, and it was to new zealand from there. from new zealand i came to autralia, melbourne.
and here i am

You said here I am, and where is that; Melbourne perhaps?

Nothing weird being born in Burco and ending up somewhere in the West. You talk about being weird just check the responses of some other nomads, like some whom I still can figure if they are fooling around or not like Socod Badne who insists that he was born in Isreal.

Hayat   

^^yeah, that was the last place i mentioned, meaning finale.

Yes - absolutely wierd - I mean who gets born in Burco for God's sake

:

you completely off the point(bet ironic sense you are meant to be spot on :D )

there is nothing wrong with being born burco,no i mentioned weird, phreharps you REd Sea, would find it somewhat weird considering my persona ;) .anywaz sense you guys took it the worng way, forget the weird part.