Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

SOL's own Census

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

There are many nomads here in SOL from all regions. So it would be nice to know what state and what city everyone was born?

Let me start with myself. I was born in Hargeysa, spent my second half of my early childhood years in Togdheer especially Burco and sometime in Oodweyne. I also went to a place in Kilinka 5aad,where I spent 5 years before my family and I left to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in 1999. I spent 8 months in Ethiopia and then 7 more months in Nairobi, Kenya, before I left there to come to U.S (Minnesota) in spring of 2000. That is summary of mine. How about yours? Share it with us, and help us to get to know you more.

Assalamu Calaykum.

Baluug   

Born in Victoria, BC, Canada, and lived in military bases in Comox, BC, Cold Lake, Alberta, and Suffield, Alberta, and also lived in Brooks, Alberta, which is where I found Islam and married my wife. After that, the country life completely lost its appeal and I moved the family to Calgary, AB, which is where I have lived since 2003.

^^ I wonder what adventures the Canadian army have ( peacekeeping in Bosnia )

About moi, very simple really, born in Hawo Tako ( just outside Mogadishu ), i still have memories of the red sand there. Left Somalia at the begining of the war and came to UK in 91' ... and since then life has been one learning curve ... from the 1st day attendin primary school to where i am now ( stuck in a dead end job ).

and oh yeah I've lived in Egypt through couple summers ( was my home from June to August for few years till work came along )

ScarFace   

^^^MC Xmar didnt have you down as COUNTRY BOY...

Well was born in B.I.G city of Xamar...LEFT the city in the 90' and ever since been living da UK life cheating the flawless system, living on income support and signing on different cheque books..... :D about 5 to be precise gotta stay alive.....but nowadays they made it hard to cheat the system....so now i got a DEAD end SHAQO... :cool:

facklexm   

My father left Somalia 1976. He worked in Qatar for four yrs, and then he went to Russia that is where I was born. I came to UK in 1996. In 2004 I joined the royal marines, I was deployed in southern Iraq for two weeks last year.

Well I was born in Jawhar in 1982 moved to xamar in 1986 then after the war we moved to Nairobi in 91

And 95 came to Minnesota still here work and school all of my family is still in xamar.

That is my story.

smile.gif

facklexm   

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^A Russian born Somali fighting for the Brits in Iraq? :confused:

you won't believe how many Somalis are in Russia.

STOIC   

The first week of my conception happened in a small Kenyan city. I was born under a tree in a remote Kenyan City. Everyone was happy to welcome a seven-pound bouncing baby with a smile that raised the cheeks high enough to wrinkle up the eyes. The passage of the womb to the outside world was a hell of job for my mother to endure. She eventually managed. My father, a sijui himself, was a son of British military from Hargeysa. He has some roots to the outskirt of Hargeysa. I personally identified my self as a Somali. I am a Somali under the immunity of Somalinimo, unless someone Qarxiis me like Ayan Hirsi. Ironically I cannot finger point Ayan recent blunder because I have lied too. My biography has no consistency .I came to America in the 90’s to a city called Hotlanta. I never moved from the city since then. I went to school and finished it recently. I am present -oriented individual since my history is full of crap. I sometime think that I have a thousand pounds of lie on my lips. I don’t know who I am?

facklexm   

I can’t give you a lot of detail for military reasons, but we were based in Basra. We used to do few patrols in the evenings and morning, not any serious combat, help out the Iraqis. The Iraqis use to say to me how have you killed any Iraqis.

Castro   

^ So how many Iraqis did you kill? Come on. It's ok.

Stoic, that was powerful atheer. You've basically summed up my life too, except I was born in a first class hospital in large metropolitan city (Muqdisho). icon_razz.gif I also have some roots to what is now Somaliland but for the most part, I'm not attached to any one city, region or state. I've moved around so much and more than anyone I know that no where is home.

Northerner, I'd bet all that I own that you were not, I repeat, not, born in the 1980's. :D

My footprints: Muqdishu, Somalia -> Nairobi, Kenya -> London, UK.

I have deleted my past from my mind. I can only remember back to 2002 (and that's only because I occasionally trawl through SOL archives).

Maf Kees   

^ I see you have an artwork of Maurits C. Escher as avatar. I don't draw as much as I used to, actually I don't anymore. But I like his mathematical technique which creates 'impossible' images. I once drew a teardrop on a child's face with the work on your avatar as inspiration. But I think I lost it.

Escher said once: "Ik speel een vermoeiend spel." meaning: "I'm playing a tiresome game." He is totally right. Like many artists he was brilliant, but very bad in school.

Anyway, sorry for the Blah Blah Blah. As you were...

Baashi   

^Sorry? Dude you need to get ur sh*t together. An apology is in order :D

Ain't sharing my bio with no cyber group especially this crowd! Why not? I bet Xiin knows why :D