Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

SOL's own Census

Thanks very much Red Sea. Inshallah I will make the trip at the end of this year (if things go to plan)I have already had other close relatives make the trip in recent years and I have heard plenty of the good and bad the ugly. So I don't think I will setting myself up for disappointment. Regardless I still expect it to be a very memorable trip - First time ever on Somali soil.

Xamar aan ku dhashay, Isbitaal Banaadir, Qolka Dhalaanka ee #12. :D

Xamaraa ku barbaaray until dagaalka bilowday in Dec. 26, 1990. Waxaa u qaxnay to xaafada Madiino, an unoccupied house our habaryar owned. A couple of days later dagaalka istaagi waaye, my abti arrived from Baydhabo with several cars and trucks and jidkii dheeraa Baydhabo iyo Xamar qabsanay. Baabuurta bumper to bumper ayee ahayeen, oo busy uu ahaa jidka.

Spend a couple weeks in Baydhabo. Then xaalka xumaaday, moved to Waajid, Bakool. After a weeks when dagaalka Xamar istaagay, we got back to Xamar. Couple months later another useless dagaal. This time, waxaa u qaxnay Dayniile. When the war didn't stop a couple weeks, we moved to Afgooye.

Xamar ayaa kusoo noqonay again in May of 1992. Same house aan qaxa ka bilownay of Madiino ayaan dib ugu soo noqonay. In August of same year, guriga abtigeena ku yaalay xaafada Taleex ayaan u guurnay. In October, 1992, Nairobi ayaa u duulnay.

From '92 to early '96 Nairobi. Xaafada Langatta.

Then to Mareykanka in '96, Baltimore iyo Virginia. Then to Kanada in the same year, Windsor, Ontario.

Until 2000 Windsor. Since then Koronto.

Besides living in Nairobi, Baltimore, Virginia, Windsor and Koronto, I also have been, as a vacationing person, to Wales, Aarhus, Denmark, London, Dubai, Detroit and Washington D.C.

A typical nomad, I guess.

Buuxo   

oh k....born in xamar--->>fled to kismayo>>>back to xamar--->>then to boosaaso---->>to some somali towns with funny names--->>utango,kenya--->>new zealand---->>australia. think dats what our refugee application says,honest though.if not im no longer refugee, so wont be increminating myself(thats my defence)

hey NomadicPrincess im thinking of going there too, end of the year, inshallah.was hoping to go xamar but i dont think we'll be safe by then. but hoping i can go to boosaaso, wow it would be my first real experience of somalia.im thinking you my best friend *****(dats ur name) let me know if im right.

Intel   

^^^ i know you both

me

born is somalia (garowe)====> adis ababa =====> NZ ======> OZ

middle east next insha'allah then somalia

Buuxo   

thanks N_Princess, wow now i know someone i SOL.

lol Rokko, i dont think you know both of us, hmmm, but you said NZ( where in NZ?) just curious.