Sign in to follow this  
nemo

Teach me Somali please

RedSea   

ASSALAMU CALAYKUM,

Wait a minute, when did this place turned into playground hey? You know something this is a class room, when you want to join the class, you have to go through a process called "signing up". Besides I had no idea people were so urgent to learn how to read and write the Somali language. I must admit that I have made crucial mistake at first when I started the lessons right away. I should have put rules in place first before I could do anything to avoid these kind of things. :(

If there are any new members, they need to sign up in the front office located in Wadada qalanqalo iyo kalabaydh, right next to Aw Farah's office. :D

I gues I should have thought about discipline first, because I knew some guys would come into my class and bug the girls who are ready to acquire some knowledge. As a punishment I am giving you a quiz that would make wet your pants or dress.

Quiz: answer either of the following questions.

1. Name the Somali term or phrase that can have or be express in 9 same ways?

2. Name of the male and female elephants are call in Somali? ;)

don't get temper with me now students, you made me strict after I say I loosen up the rules for you. Ileen Somali waa Somali.

Lastly, Ms. Nameless chick how can you quote MMA's Somali words if you said that you couldn't read Somali at all or is my magic working already? I await an explanation from you. ;)

Remember, if you would like more info of this class, please do visit my website at www.doodle.yahoo/hotmail/awfarah.email.class.Afsomali.com

Thanks,

assalamu calaykum

Khalaf   

Now Macalin Red Sea if you wanted your duqsi to run properly and not turn into a playground u should enforce strict Islamic guidelines .

If you want the brothers to behave (me :D ), you need to enforce these rules. First macalin, my classmate ibtisam needs to wear a burqa and hide her eyes I can’t concentrate on my studies :D . Second my other classmate nameless needs to put on jilbab and cover herself, and stop sticking her tongue out that also is distracting the brotha :D . Once u put these little girls in check, learning will can begin.

We alreadly made rules Red, no quizzes and absolutely no beating your students, we all know how to dial 911 and call social services on abusive duqsi teachers :D .

Perhaps, shukaansi 101 in la idiin dhigo waaye.

Lool :D Misikiin. Brotha if u know the art better then go ahead, start 101 shukaansi class.

Peace

nemo   

Lastly, Ms. Nameless chick how can you quote MMA's Somali words if you said that you couldn't read Somali at all or is my magic working already? I await an explanation from you.

Mr. Axmed Guray, I don't think I said I cant read at all but I read a little but it takes me long time to read one somali sentence and at that same period I can read like a paragraph and english...

Usually when I see a somali writing more than a sentence I dont even bother...

First macalin, my classmate ibtisam needs to wear a burqa and hide her eyes I can’t concentrate on my studies . Second my other classmate nameless needs to put on jilbab and cover herself, and stop sticking her tongue out that also is distracting the brotha

Khalaf, I am so insulted I am always covered islamicly, :mad: thank you very much, that is a avatar and not the real me. And most of all its a cartoon picture not even a real girl.

Hayat   

REd sea;

2. name of the female elephants in somali

: count me your first pupil.

this is the only one i could answer. isn't it both "maroodi"?.

now i would like to aks you(this is no case of teacher being taught, but asking because someone asked me very recently and its relevent)........what is the difference between "beer"(which should be the heart) and "beer"(which is garden).

p.s. i actually got this right when i was asked by another individual.

Ibtisam   

Khalaf:

Cover my eyes :eek: have you gone mad, i trip over as it is without covering my eyes two. Anyhow, unless there is something wrong with you; you cannot say we are little girls, yet we must cover fully to stop disrupting you, unless you like little ......oh never mind

Red sea, sorry>>>heads for the door, continue your class.

:cool:

nemo   

you cannot say we are little girls, yet we must cover fully to stop disrupting you, unless you like little ......oh never mind

100% agreed...and little girls what last time I checked 18 was supose to mean now you are an adult and was hiven a lot more responsiblities....eg. drive--(the government trusts me with other peopel's life) :D

watch out Australians this girl is going to hit the road soon :D anywaz laters im out to bed.

Khalaf   

Khalaf, I am so insulted I am always covered islamicly, thank you very much, that is a avatar and not the real me. And most of all its a cartoon picture not even a real girl.

Walaalshiis, can't u tell a joke from reality? Kaftan, of course I know that's a cartoon and not a real girl-U think I am that messed up in the head? And I am very happy to hear u cover islamically-Hold on to Islam very strongly baby girl.

Nameless u got jokes. If I was the Aussie government I wont trust u with a bike let alone a car, are they crazy? What's up with always going off to bed all the time-u know u aint gotta announce it-kids. And about age, it has nothing to do with the number but your maturity, experiences, what's in your mind. And I have to say I am glad u and the “cheecky cheecky†girl joined SOL-I am feeling wiser already :cool:

I strongly encourage SOL to add “pre-teen†section for these kids :D .

IB-“unless u like little†comment is dirty I demand an appolgy. :mad:

PS: Nameless sister, I hope ur joking about meeting ppl u don't know-read it in another post. Be careful walaalshiis especially since u a girl. In my state 16 girl last month was raped and killed by some sucker she met online. Brotherly advice.

Peace

Khalaf   

^^^^That's an insult my sister. I wont speak for other men, but that's not for me. So drop it, it can get dirty.

RedSea   

Assalamu calaykum,

First and foremost let me respond to my male student Mr. Khalaf, I would never empose any sever punishments on you, but I think the ladies aren't the trouble makers here. I am sensing that you have came to this class carrying different purposes in your mind. The girls are already covered, therefore no need for me to tell them to cover up, because remember this isn't a Dugsi,it's rather a Language learning class.They get their religious learnings in other Islamic weekend schools.

Secondly, after I had reveiwed who caused the disturbance in the class, I have found out that it was YOU; mr. Khalaf. The girls have their share as well as I hehe did, let us move on now. Anyways you are always the loudest one in class and if that doesn't stop mr. Khalaf, I might have to suspend you from the class for good, then transform this class into ladies only class. Probably I won't do that, but I certainly have the power to do such, so don't push it now son.

Mr. Khalaf, you are good guy and I like having you in my class,but sometimes you need to act like matuer adult and give the girls as well as yourself a chance to acquire some knowledge. I think that only fair enough, wouldn't you think?

Moreover, regarding about my question about the Somali terms used for Male and female elephants.Good try though, but it's not exactly Maroodi. So far you have given me the translation of elephant in Somali but not the names of Male and Female maroodi in Somali. I await your answers folks and don't forget my other question.

In addition, your question which was regarding the different of Beer, meaning liver by the way not heart, and beer (garden). They are the same in writing, but as far as meaning they are world's apart, as are many other words that share the same spelling on a paper or on a screen, like inan (female or boy) and inan, now you tell the difference between those?

Maybe whoever ask you that Vibe, meant what is the difference on how you say them? you say the E longer in beeer (garden) while shorten the ber (liver). Again as far writing go, they are the saaaaame, what more do you need to know?

Finally, Ms. Ibt. and Nameless Chick, I encourage you to read more Somali books or writing to enhance your ability to read fluent in Somali. If you can even attemp to read some Somali, you are more than half way there, but you should have told me that, because I started you with the alphabets, while you are girl who is ready to write Somali letters back home.Remember as I have adviced you, don't read Somali works that have something to do with politics and tribilsm, they are filty and are good for nothing.

Assalamu Calaykum.

nemo   

What's up with always going off to bed all the time-u know u aint gotta announce it-kids

I strongly encourage SOL to add “pre-teen†section for these kids .

Whats with the Kids jokes....told you once and I will tell you again I am considered an andult in every country in the world nooow ;)

And the reason I always announce my bed-time is to let people know that I wont be replying for a while good examples are you and IB (that are online always) :D

Macalam (think thats how to spell it) Red Sea the quiz is too hard the only question I had in idea was about it was the elephant one "Maroodi"....so share the answer because no one is going to figure it now :confused:

Khalaf   

Salaam

Okay, young lady Ill cut the kid jokes, deal? Yeh um online “a lot†since I work at the uni lab(bored sometimes), and u know in America we have personal computers “like labtops u got that girlfriend?" Am i speaking yo language? Just joking walaalshiis.

IB, sorry too walaalshiis with the jokes. We coo? And istagfirullah for all of us if any wrong as been said. I'll be coo now, class in session.

But one more thing, “young ladies†be careful of this macalin Red Sea I think he may have other motives then teaching u somali read between the lines in clear english :D :

"Khalaf, I might have to suspend you from the class for good, then transform this class into ladies only class."

Warning :D Peace out, I am going to bed now :D Sike. Salaamu Lah