Sign in to follow this  
nemo

Teach me Somali please

Somaliless-chic,

How come you're not making any attempts to learn somali? To learn ANY language, you have to practice it. As in write and read as often as possible. You haven't yet written a single sentence in somali. I doubt your sincerity.

Khalaf   

^^^^Dude I think she calls herself "nameless chick" ya dig?

And its partly our fault for getting off topic not her, don't bully the sister dude.

Class in session. Salaam

Pucca   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

And its partly our fault for getting off topic not her, don't bully the sister dude.

oh that's real cute eh? since adiga aya bilaabey this whole 'off topic' discussion.

nameless since i'm in the same boat as you (my somali is terrible) what say you and i keep this topic strictly somali? that means NO english what so ever...every reply you make will be made ONLY in somali *you may use somalienglish sometimes (ex, schoolkayga )*

if you're willing to do it like that...you've got yourself a partner ^_^

nemo   

But one more thing, “young ladies†be careful of this macalin Red Sea I think he may have other motives then teaching u somali read between the lines in clear english

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL yea somalis are known for teacher and student relationship, not that im saying that macalam Red Sea is doing that :D

nameless since i'm in the same boat as you (my somali is terrible) what say you and i keep this topic strictly somali? that means NO english what so ever...every reply you make will be made ONLY in somali *you may use somalienglish sometimes (ex, schoolkayga )*

Seriously I can not write somalia but inshallah I will try to write as much somalia as possible starting after this post beacuse as I said I can not express my self in somali good

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum class.

The class in session and I can see few more students have signed up for the class, good to see that and they are mostly girls. Well look at you Mr. Khalaf being nice finally, good for you.

Ok, let me get to the questions that I have asked last week that no body seems to know as of yet.

first I asked what is the name of female and male elephants in somali. Some simply translated the word elephant into Somali meanig Maroodi. So that is not what I was exactly looking for. The male Moroodi is called Arbe and the female Qalanjo. I hope you students are taking notes, I might give you pop Quiz, who knows when.

The second question I think went something like, to tell me a Somali phrase that has many different sayings and it's the term "look" in Somali.

Look=Eeg/Fiiri/day/dhowr/and so on. You are welcome to add, write your responses in Somali please.

Ms. Ibt, are you questioning my ability to teach these students? I doubt you can do better than I. Ms. Nameless Chick was chating with one boy in class, so that is not partly my fault, now she seams to be up to the task, so count me on from this day forth.

Gabadha la yidhaa Nameless chick fadlan si fiican ii maqal. Waxaan kaa rabaa in markasta oo aad qolkan ama fasalka soo gashid in aad na wada salaanto sida diinta iyo dadka islaamka ucaadada ah magaratay. Hana igu qaldamin, anigu ardaydayda lama haasaawo, taa waa wax khalaf iska yidhi magaratay walalo.

Can anyone of you Somali learnig girls interpret that for me in English or just summarize what I have said there.

Assalamu Calaykum.

nemo   

Assalamu Calaykum teacher and students

well I will try to translate what macalamka dhahay (yay me am trying to write somali) :D

Gabadha la yidhaa Nameless chick fadlan si fiican ii maqal. Waxaan kaa rabaa in markasta oo aad qolkan ama fasalka soo gashid in aad na wada salaanto sida diinta iyo dadka islaamka ucaadada ah magaratay

English translation:

"The girl named nameless chick listen very careful. I want very time you come in this room or subject to bring the salanta like the religion and the people muslims do everytime".

There I know its only half but thats the best I can do. The rest I gave up its not like me but thats it for me now. Thanks hoping to get at least an B+ for my effect macalam.

RedSea   

assalamu calaykum,

Good try Ms. nameless, in fact you have done very well on that first part, but I can't grade it until you try the rest. Just give it your best shot. The rest goes along the lines of what is included in the first lines.

One more thing, it's Macalim or Mucalim not Mucalam. ;)

Fasal=class room. Subject= maado.

If you find the rest difficult then try this.

Aniga magacayga waxaa layidhaahdaa Red Sea, waxaan ku dhashay magaalada Hargeysa xille aan idiin sheegi doonin. Magaalada Hargeysi waa magaalo wayn oo qurux badan. Markasta oo aan yidhaahdo magaceeda, waxaan xasuustaa quruxdii Hargeysa. Wadoonyinkeeda waaweyn, ubaxayadeeda ku yaala wadoonyinka, bridgkii waynaa ee dhex marayey magaalada dhexdeeda, iyo Masjid Al Jamicii weynaa ee caasimada Hargeysa.

Now try that sis.

Assalamu Calaykum,

Jamilah   

Is it too late for me enrol to the class?, I think I satisy all the perequistes to join I am female and my Somali is not that impressive.

Originally posted by The Red Sea:

assalamu calaykum,

Aniga magacayga waxaa layidhaahdaa Red Sea, waxaan ku dhashay magaalada Hargeysa xille aan idiin sheegi doonin. Magaalada Hargeysi waa magaalo wayn oo qurux badan. Markasta
oo aan yidhaahdo
magaceeda, waxaan xasuustaa quruxdii Hargeysa. Wadoonyinkeeda waaweyn, ubaxayadeeda ku yaala wadoonyinka,
bridgkii
waynaa ee dhex marayey magaalada dhexdeeda, iyo Masjid Al Jamicii weynaa ee caasimada Hargeysa.

Now try that sis.

Assalamu Calaykum,

^^ :D:D , that cooks your goose yaa Badcasow. I was gonna sign up for your class but now i feel like a teacher.

mantra   

Originally posted by Jamilah:

Is it too late for me enrol to the class?, I think I satisy all the perequistes to join I am female and my Somali is not that impressive.

I second that..

the different somali dialects are really confusing..

you keep saying the word 'yidha' I cant even pronounce it!

I thought it was 'la iraado'

wamaxay waxan ina abti? aniga horta tacab weyn baan ley yahay..afsomaliga wan qori karaa..oh qofna mu ibarin qoritaanka..wa wax yaab le, waan ogyahay lakin hadalka baa aad igu adag..

xata hada waxaan aan qore inan ku hadlo wu igu adag yahay..maxaan sameeyaa?

gurigeena af somali malagu hadlo..meesha un an afkan ku hadli karo waa combuterka..I guess thats why typing somali is easier for me..

now bliss ii helb garee..

gabdahan kale na iskaa daa..I wantis to be your only istudent..

deal?

af somali teaching class is gonna be given here!!

repeat after me!! d-a-m-e-e-r! class do u know what that is! its a donkey!! everybody say again loud!! good!

class is dismissed! oh yeah! ok, what else do u need to be taught!! at this day n age, u can lean af somali on your own....just hit the net!!

war badhanaa!! as my old buddy tuugiye use to say!! lol

Rahima   

^^ , that cooks your goose yaa Badcasow. I was gonna sign up for your class but now i feel like a teacher.

Mr. Xiin stop showing off icon_razz.gif . This corner is not for you, now hurry along :D .

RedSea   

assalamu Calaykum,

The teacher of this class is I mr. Red Sea. I was chosen unanimously to teach this class by my students, therefore no other teacher is therefore necessary.This class has rules and regulations in place therefore everyone needs to comply with the rules.

Mr. Xiinfaniin, which part of what I have said don't you get it my friend? if you don't get my northern accent, then I can always adjust to the one that you feel the most comfortable; I am multi talented you know!

To the sisters, remember there are no deadlines to when you need to sign up, as long as you are serious to acquire some knowledge. I repeat everyone is welcome regardless of their gender, the only reason I prefer students who are girls is because guys are trouble makers not to mention that they lack the determination to learn.

Finally, Mr. Rudy, what do you mean you are the teacher, as far as I know there is only one teacher and I gues we all know who that is. My friend you are first timer, and all of suddent you claiming the title of the teacher.

Assalamu Calaykum class.

;)icon_razz.gif

Pucca   

macalim sea winks too much eh..

wax baa mesha ka socda aan aheen somali barasho kaliya ...

macalino waa ku sidee?il-jabista iyo carab-taaga maxa ula jedhaa?