Sign in to follow this  
nemo

Teach me Somali please

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by RedSea:

Assalamu Calaykum,

Kool Kat,

Abaayo: is a word and it's used by somalis starting from Hiiraan and down south.

The term walaal has no distinctions in its reference to male and female when it's used as 'walaal', then it's for both genders.

It, however, changes according to the situation. For instance, you say "walaalow, magacaa" to a male and "walaaley, magacaa" for a female. Get it?

I normally use walaal, and would recommend its use. Because the term 'abaayo or abowe' carries hidden messege. Normally a person said to that, is most likely inclined to think that he/she is being interested in. It is not good to say that to people who have sick heart. They'll translate it differently then you meant. Your significant other is hereby an exception though.
;)

Wm wr wb...Yaa BadaCas, adi maa ani afSoomaali ibaraayo? :mad: redface.gif :mad: redface.gif

PS, bring back whomever you claim was using your account while you were supposedly gone... smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

^ lool@ supposedly gone hahaha...

Red, the flag on your avatar shows the sudden change in your political stand ...I suppose the current issues has a lot to do with it :D

salaam

RedSea   

assalamu calaykum,

Kool kat,

Walaal xaal qaado hadaa. ciyaal iskuul ayaan ku mooday, laakin waawaynka ayaad tahay.

Mida kale, magacan anaa iska leh, kii hore u isticmaali jiray wuu kasocday oo magac kale ayuu raadsaday. markuu yimaado anaa usheegi doona in ay inan halkan joogta ay raadinaysay. Haye dheh! :D;)

Aaliyah,

Oh salamz. How is life?

well The SL flag and the blue cojoined signify that we somalis can get along and what is yours is mind and vice versa. Yes we as somali people can and will have peaceful coexistance as people.

assalamu calaykum.

Aaliyyah   

you're hilarious red sea ;)

we all clearly know the reason you changed your opinion about somalia, bt I will refrain from commenting farther...

salaam

Ibtisam   

^^^You do?? :confused: Really? adiga ayaab fast aah. How could you possible know WHY someone changed their opinion about something (Unless you know him really really well)

Malika   

^Heh,as the girl said,she is refraining from making any further comments,clearly she knows more then we all do..Hmmmmmmm..Lol :D

*A rumour in the making here* :D:D

Ibtisam   

^^^Loool, yeah maybe this public outburst is a continuation of a previous private conversation. Waa laa iis marai waye before, so this guujiso or as they call it pre shakes :D

Paragon   

Koolkat:

Ariboowe - Aribaaye

Aribaawe Bari laga reysey! Bariis caana leh iyo baasto suuga leh iyo qudaar bawlad ah ayaa baladkan yiil. :D .

One of my relatives use to say about Kismaayo.

I like markeey reer Bariga waliba gabdhaha ay yiraahdaan 'wallaale' ..from a girl to a guy. Just so endearing smile.gif .

Aaliyyah   

Ibti this has nothing to do with any private converstion, don't rush to conclusions my dear. Merely, if you know whats going back home, you would know why he changed his stand.....nothing more nothing less......easy there!

salaam

RedSea   

assalamu calaykum,

No please don't start rumours guys. Those things spread and before you know it, everyone will be making up stories.

N no, I have no changed my stances, because of the status quo back in somalia. I'm not aware of any changes back home though, it's still the same choatic somalia that has been there since I could remember. Insha allah Ilaahay ayaa u maqan.