Sign in to follow this  
Dhubad.

Somalia in 1978 - Pics

when somali women had the freedom to dress as they liked, they choose to wear the dirac instead of the sand pyramids. There was no threats of violence (to the best of my knowledge) if they dressed otherwise. That should give you a hint as to how somali women would dress if given the freedom

Perhaps they understood the importance of hijab better? Perhaps they understood diinta better? perhaps, just perhaps they chose to wear the HIJAB as they understood it.

& for heavens sake; ITS NOT A SAND PYRAMID: Its a HIJAB!!

[Edit]Ahura: Lool.looking at it now,Yea it does look like a teendho,but its an islamic attire worn by the women of ALLAHS religion ; Dont you think its xoogaha unfreindly to refer to it as a Tent?

Brown,

LoL...it's only a bit of cloth. No one's born wearing it and no one will be buried in it. Making fun of it isn't a great thing, but it's not exactly sacrilegious either.

BTW: The hijab is always beautiful, but the woman wearing it may not be...

Ok, Ok...I will stop. redface.gif

Jacpher   

Originally posted by
Castro:

Dhaqan iyo deen are not one and the same thing good Ducaqabe.

I was in no way implying you personally, Xaashaa lilaah, I detest of having a negative thought of another Muslim. Please do forgive me if you take it differently. I noticed you like to play the devils advocate sometimes though. My message was more to the mods, nin lagu seexdaw ha seexan.

I do agree with that deen and dhaqan are somewhat different. Generally, our dhaqan does not go against the religion but there’re instances where people do things in the name of religion and/or dhaqan and it turns out that isn’t the case. For example, many extensively argue that Islam introduced FMG to the world and it’s a Muslim problem. On the other hand, you see someone engaging a debate of how Hijab isn’t our dhaqan and how it oppresses women. I’ve yet to see a Somali government, Somali elders or an Imam offering a fatwa threat for women neglecting Hijab. It’s a religious practice, thus a choice for the practicing sisters. Nothing is compulsory about religion. One would take or leave it. Frankly, the late regime used to harass those with Hijab. It would help a lot if people would distinguish culture and religion correctly.

Not long ago, I was watching The Amazing Race, the episode where the contestants fly to India. One of them saw two man holding hands as they ride a donkey together. A lady commented and said oh look, they look a happy couple. :D Off course, the lady didn’t know them personally but by their action, she assumed they’re of a different breed. :D

I don’t know if it’s me but lately I have noticed some nomads of mocking acts of worshiping which are direct divine revelations of Allah. They could be a bit creative and choose their words wisely so they aren’t critical of Allah’s law but those that practice improperly.

Sorry Dhubad Off the topic.

Socod Badne & Co.

And who made you guys the spokesmen for these somali women?

Its funny that the same people who advocate for women's choices and rights don't accept the fact that they want to cover up but would rather strip them down to their likings.

The 'tent' is here to stay, deal with it, if you can't, tough luck brah.

Paragon   

Cute pics. Who knows (the year was 78), these girls might be mothers of erm 4 or over kids? Where is 'Who's Who' show programmers when you need them. Time, such a runner it is smile.gif

Originally posted by Ahura:

Brown

LoL...it's only a bit of cloth. No one's born wearing it and no one will be buried in it. Making fun of it isn't a great thing, but it's not exactly sacrilegious either.

BTW
: The hijab is always beautiful, but the woman wearing it may not be...

Ok, Ok...I will stop
redface.gif

sacrilegious xaa la dhahaa walaaley . You and your big words :D

In all seriousness;I know Xaaji Qacstro is a goofball, once you showed me the connection btwn the Beautiful xijaab and its resemblance to a tent,i had to give it up for his SOH.

None the less; its a beautiful dress,by a beautiful deen worn by beautiful women[Even the ugly ones look good in them smile.gif ]. Castro seemed to be dissapointed that the women decided to wear the teendho as opposed to Afropuffs. I believe thats what triggered the reaction from me smile.gif

Happy new yr yaah

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:Originally posted by Rahima:

then again it would be silly to take your thoughts on Islam seriously
smile.gif

Of course, same for
you
as well. Ditto for the billion and one other self proclaimed Allah's interlocutors.

The
only
thoughts that matter are that of silent masses. What do they want, the somali women that is, what do
they
think?

Fact1
: if Sharia law was to rule future Somali state,
every
woman will be forced by threats of
violence
to wear the Hijab. Just look at Iran and now toppled Afghan Taliban ragime. That is what Sharia law at practice will look like. And don't you dare deny it!

Fact2
: when somali women had the
freedom
to dress as they liked, they
choose
to wear the dirac instead of the sand pyramids. There was no threats of violence (to the best of my knowledge) if they dressed otherwise. That should give you a hint as to how somali women would dress if given the freedom.
Sug waxyar Bro, qosolka ha iga dhamaadee. :D:D:D:D:D

So somehow you know what Somali want or how they think :confused: Dude! One thing you cannot say is anyone forces our woman to wear the hijaab. They choose to wear it because you know why? For some reasons you can't comprehend as long as that little man is whispering things in your ear. smile.gif

Now acuudu bilayso oo ayaatul kursi bal isku aqri, iimaanka intuusan kaa tagin.

Originally posted by Dhubad:

Young_Somalians.jpg

As opposed to:

79604378_ca550b2dd4.jpg

Yeah, I understand where the objection comes from. The jilbaab is rather unattractive and unpractical and new. Why couldnt somalis figure out a pretty way to wear the hijab? Like:

79601313_5ccdac5948_m.jpg

or

79600768_5684a5c30e_m.jpg

or

79600767_4a8bff55a7_m.jpg

or even the most common:

79600766_9b85864e2a_m.jpg

or even stick to the traditional somali garbasaar.

Somalis with their exceptionally good comprehension skills seem to have taken the ‘do not show ur form’ too literally, to the point they resemble penguins. Infact, whenever I see one passing me by… I’ve the urge to take out a shimbire-laaye and shoot them down!

Gabbal   

^Are we talking about freedom here? Freedom to choose? If yes, then to each his own. I do not think it is fair for hijaab-covered sisters to insult and riducule non-covered sisters and vice-versa. Those that want to wear pants and be uncovered, it is between you and your creator. Those that wear the hijaab and be covered, it is between you and your creator. I don't understand why the hijaab is under attack when it concerns the wearer and their creater and not any other individual.

To each his own!

^ I think she was talking from a fashion sense.It rather looks ugly(she said). icon_razz.gif

But then again Curling what looks good on you might not look appealing to say...err Rahima. My niece was wearing one the other day,she looked fantastic Wallahi.

Some of coz look very unattractive,but i think it serves the purposes to keep men away from them maaha? :D

VisiT   

Kanshare: To each his own!

Don't forget to add the her. We don't wish to judge you politically incorrect :D . It is the little things my dear, little things.

Jacpher   

shimbire-laaye wili ma xuusataa?

CW: There's a business opportunity here to make an attractive Hijab cloth line that meets the jilbaab criteria.

I recently heard there’s a famous designer targeting Muslim women and coming up Islamic cloth lines.

Kashafa   

Infact, whenever I see one passing me by… I’ve the urge to take out a shimbire-laaye and shoot them down!

Since we're all in Hijab-appreciation mode t'night, how do you wear yours ? smile.gif

LoL...it's only a bit of cloth. No one's born wearing it and no one will be buried in it. Making fun of it isn't a great thing, but it's not exactly sacrilegious either

Uh, actually it is. Sacrilegious. Yup. Who woulda thunk it, right ? It's all laid out in this here classic thread where Bashir Goat was yearning for the good old days, back when see-through dirac's(easy now, fellas) and "hoyo-iga-seeb" pants were the norm.(Castro can elaborate here....). Bottom line: having 'innocent' fun at the expense of Islamic rituals(stoning, prayer, hijab) is not cool. Let's save our witty lines for other more deserving targets.

Jacpher   

I think you guys are hijacking the thread. It should be about these pictures, not hijab bashing bigots and their pet peeve.

coconutclimber.jpg

Have you ever climbed a coconut tree?

Sosialists_Partys_staff.jpg

Barre_smokes.jpg

President_Barre_of_Somalia.jpg

President_Saed_Barre.jpg

President_with_staff.jpg

A dictator and his staff in action.