Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

-Lily-   

Miss D&D, yeah if I can find a substitute holiday to excite me since my orginal destination is no longer possible.

Ms DD   

If i was to go on short break, I would go to Granada, Spain. I have seen stunning pictures and it has beautiful history. The Alhambra is beautiful from far away.

Detailed history and accounts my friend wrote about his visit:

The native Spanish Muslims bought the land in the early 80s. Then for nearly 10 years the local Catholic bishops fiercely opposed their own kind from building a mosque, motion after motion, bill after Bill, court case after the court case. In the end of course they failed in their unreasonable behaviour to the Muslims and the courts ruled they were being unfair. It then took another 10 years to get the funding. The mosque Alhamdullilah first opened in 2002.

The Courtyard of the Mosque is truly breathtaking. You walk out and see this:

To the right is this view:

The Mosque is designed beautifully and has symmetrical Womens chambers in some places. So there is a huge Womens section. Prayer area. Library. Womens eating area. Reception etc… and then also they have the Mens side equivalent. It just shows what you can achieve if you put your head together. Certainly one of the things most striking was the Womens activity in the Mosque. As the mosque is in a tourist area there are a lot of tourists.

We went to the Alhambra but I wont forget what the Imam of the Mosque of Granada said “The Alhambra remember is a relic. It is a sign of civilisation in decay (the moors) and usually when people build extravagant buildings and monuments it means society is finishing there. What matters is People. The people you meet here. The experiences. Take that back with you to your family and friends. That’s what is important. Not some stone building 500 years old”. Such wisdom. For this reason we only went to the Al Hambra on the 2nd to last day. Don’t get me wrong it is beautifull (a fine example of Muslim Intellectual Artistic Talent) however I miss the experience and people of Alhambra 99% and the Palace 1%.

There was the simple worker in the café , native Spanish Muslim who never said “No” to your request. His free food. Mint Teas. The Dhikr (recitation) of Quran from the rooftops. The people invite Non Muslims to their Mosque every Saturday (or Sunday I think) 7:00pm. They make food for non Muslims and tell them about Islam and the Mosque and what it does. Talk about transparent. Compare this to our UK mosques??? On our first night I awoke by some recitation at 2am on the rootop. I found out later that a local Spanish woman had converted to Islam. The next day at Jummah, a Spanish Male converted. Allah has blessed that place and I can see why. They put Non Muslims first and then Muslims 2nd.

We eventually did manage to get to the Al Hambra. It is Huge (massive in size, half as a castle/ramparts and half as a beautifull garden: A English couple from somerset once asked me what the following says in Arabic. here is what is said all around the Palace and It means “There is no Victor Except Allah” (pls ignore my dodgy spelling!)

Here is the Al Cazaba inside and is huge

Here is the view from the gardens looking to the West side

Such beauty is amazing, especially when you consider it nearly a thousand years old. Here is a view from the rooftops looking at the city around you. Note the stone wall in the distance on the mountains. This was built as a defense against encroaching Armies.

Here is the Nasrid Palace, where the Muslim Kings would walk and do business:

Here is a view of the Interior Madinah from the ramparts. Can you see the remains of the city below, a bustling Madinah, protected by the fortress of Alhambra. No wonder that when Spain fell to the Catholic Christian Kings and Queens the Muslim Moors had this as a defence for two hundred years (1492).

Ancient Prayer Area now a tourist shop. Note the same inscription at the top of the chamber that is all around the Alhambra

Here is the interior views of some of the gardens. Again they are so vast and so beautifull, it amazes you they are so old.

I love this photo, an orange tree in the Alhambra and my mate grabbed one from the floor and we ate It was quite bitter but very nice!

Here is the Souk in Granads, grab a bargain and don’t forget to haggle!

learnt a lot from Granada. I miss the people. I miss the environment, the 30C, the clear fountains of cold water. The Alhambra a bit and of course the interaction between Muslims and non Muslims which was the best I had ever seen. It made me realise how important people and interaction is.

Needless to say, I am dying to go there now :D

ElPunto   

^That's the nice thing about Europe(dare I say the only thing :D ). Compact space and low cost airfares gives you such a range of choice. We have neither in North America.

Ms DD   

The Point

You have a point there :D But I am sure with a country as vast as the US, there are destinations that could rival the best Europe has to offer.

General question to the SOL men

In this day and age, are there eligible bachelors of over 30, with no baggage?

Malika   

^^My dear Ms Dh,if you were to find one,please ask why he is over 30 and has no baggages..I would be very suspicious.

Maxaa niin oo 30 something,kadigee one without bagages..where had he been all this time,or more like what issues does he have.. :D

I know the question was directed at men only but from a matured sister igaa degeeysoo.

Ms DD   

lool Dahia

Walaaley..isnt it difficult to deal with any baggage he may have? I mean..if one wants hassle-free life. There are also different kinds of baggages. One with the ex-wife is the worst.

Are you saying that it is too much to ask for handsome professional over 30, never been married, sweeping off your feet and show you the stars?

Nomadique..So am I. I am truly baffled as to the rarity of this kind of species :D

NGONGE   

^^^ When you say 'over 30', how far over 30 do you mean? If it's Over 30 but under 35, then there are millions of the bar studs around ;) .

The only baggage most of them have is that they took their time to mature.

ps

I'm compiling a list. I plan to become a matchmaker. :D

Malika   

^^I believe there is an urgency to that service in the community for the proffesionals..

Ms Dh,the baggages will come in different forms and shapes sister,some with ex wives,some still under their mothers hold,some just have issues with committment,Some have bad habits that had hold them back from persuing marriage.Those I know they are still waiting for their wives to be born bee iradaan..mean while substitute bee iskaa jiid jiidan.

Ms DD   

Ngonge

Guys who took their time to mature doesnt scream out the creme de la creme of mature single individuals.

I am sure there those who are accomplished professionally, having worked long and hard to achieve his goals. In addition, there must be those who are financially secure, and they take their leisure time seriously, enjoying extensive travel and a vast array of hobbies and pastimes...i.e. Great catch :D

Charming, intelligent and interesting single men over 30 to 40 (iska dheh!) are rare in our community. Unless the men know something we dont know.

Ibtisam   

^^She said we should keep away from strange non somali men icon_razz.gif

Ms D & D I'm interested in knowing why you asked such question??

I cannot believe I'm back on this thread...runs for the door before serenity appears!

Malika   

Lol..Ms Dh,lets wait to hear from the brothers,am sure they know of men whom kind of posses the qualities you mentioned.. ;) before we move to the Ajaanabii's.