Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Ms DD   

Sheh

That is good..no?

I would have liked to stay at the masjid for qiyaam last night, but work commitments ayaa ii saamixi waayey. Last night, Goodge Street masjid, Sh Khalid Yassin was there after taraweeh for lecture. Another thing that i missed.

So anyone has any idea when Laylatul Qadr was? or maybe it could be the 29th?

The prophet (pbuh) provided us some signs of its occurrence. Allah (swt) describes the night as “..peace until the rise of the morn.” [97:5] In various sayings, the Prophet (pbuh) described the night as serene, tranquil, and peaceful. The sun at sunrise would appear reddish and without its normal blazing and sharp rays.

The Prophet (pbuh) added that “the angel of earth on that night of Qadr will be more numerous than all the pebbles of the earth.”

^all I can say is my neighbour who leaves the house after fajr when I'm usually trying to get back to sleep was mercifully quieter this morning. Normally I wonder if she's wearing steel blocks on her heels and she sometimes even breaks into song. Sure was peaceful today though.

I worry about girly talk taking over if I stay over at the mosque. Does it?

Ms DD   

Sounds like neighbour from hell.

There is an element of pushing and shoving at the masjid. Girls do chat however if you sit at a corner by yourself, you will be ok.

It was raining this morning..so far from the description.

-Lily-   

What's a visa run?

What's a nice, no planning required lastminute short (1 wk -10 days) holiday destination?

N.O.R.F   

^^ :D

Originally posted by -Lily-:

What's a visa run?

What's a nice, no planning required lastminute short (1 wk -10 days) holiday destination?

I left my old employer which means changing sponsors. I had one month to leave and re-enter the country. I now have a two month 'visit visa' (the one stamped on all your passports) until my new work permit is sorted. The joys of the ME. I went to Doha, got off the plane, walked to the departure gate and boarded the same flight back :cool: