Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Did I read right? Cohabitation? Isnt that less dignified marriage?

(Morals aside)If you put them side by side, you're only missing the sheikh and the expensive get together we call wedding!

Marriage and cohabitation both demand sexual exclusivity, financial interdependance and really just waking up and dealing with the same person, day in and day out.

Ibti, are you okkk?

Yes there is.Couples who usually move in together have committed to each other. Usually, it is sort of a trial period for marriage, you know to see if the shoe fits. Contrary to popular beliefs, people who cohabitate are sexually exclusive. Back in college, I took this class called “the contemporary family today” and it has opened my eyes(mostly to things I didn’t want to know)about these kinds of things. I need to go back and read some of the materials, but they found out that cohabitating couples tend to adhere to marriage rules and follow the norm even though they’re rebelling against the institution. Second, 60% of cohabitating couples break-up because the men are more likely to be against marriage and the women are for marriage.

As for open relationships, gaalo nacalad baa ku taal. This is one of the things that raise my hair!

Ohh come on C&H..open relationship is the future.

Well Che i equally have friends who’ve been in similar situation. And their not all bitter at the end. I have a friend whom am currently attending pre-natal yoga with, she left her bf that she was cohabiting with for 5yrs and she is happy.

Juxa   

CH i can only assume you are not suggesting cohabiting for somalida!

i mean wixi dhaca dhagaha farlagashan, atleast it cant happen publicly.

if you can live and tolerate a man, you may as well marry him.

Juxa- some people can’t stand the institutionalisation of the relationship and want a clear exist should the need arise.

Che-you see that’s where the spinsterhood lodge comes into effect

What's more of an easier exit than the triple talaq? WKF WKF WKF as Cara would put it.

Cohabitation is a poor man's marriage. I can't see any benefit in it for a woman.

Ibtisam, sheydaanka iska naar.

Juxa   

che, it is all about toleration ninyow! some tolerate others more.

obviously marriage is a mere inconvenience for dadka ilbaxda us, but for the rest, it has to be done and require patience and iimaan.

cabsida iska dhaafa, i can guarantee it is great institution and with the right person insha allah you will be smiling gees-ka-gees