Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Aaliyyah   

I didn't see anywhere in the story where it mentioned oh she wanted him? If that's the case by all means. I already mentioned earlier that some people don't mind sharing their husbands. So go ahead she can. But, if in any case she doesn't want to share him she has that right to get her divorce papers. And, even then he has to support her. Too bad she lives in H-town cuz if she lived here she could have made sure he supported her even though she got her papers. I heard this story about a guy divorcing his wife and somehow she took him to court so now they deduct like 2000 dollars from his account directly without even asking for his permission hehehe aint that just sweet. So maybe you are right because she lives back home and there is not a law in place she has to be sweet or he can stop paying her .

oh well..

salaam..

nuune   

Aaliyah, glad u didnt looked at one side smile.gif

Plus this is not ninkaan la jiraa, I did not even supported his actions.

I said, sheekadan waa in la baaraa, waxyaala badana ayaa ka khaldan, meeshana dad baa ka dhax shaqeenayo oo labada is qabta isku dirayo(no JB :D )

marka waa laga fiirsadaa maadaama ay tahay arrin adag oon la taaban karin ama la fudeed loo qaadan karin.

Afro lool adaa macalimmad ah xaga af soomaalka

Hello Ibti .. how is it going ?

ladies i meant that as a joke .... I'm scared that you actually think like that.

for the record Aaliyah a second marriage is not and never has been grounds for divorce from wife numero uno .. a man is within his rights to marry #2, #3, and #4.

Cara.   

Geeljire, think of a standard car. There's space for the driver, and 4 seat belts. Legally the driver can have 4 passengers in his car, but he cannot force any one passenger to stay in the car. I'm pretty sure marriage, even polygamous marriage, is supposed to work on the same principle, with every participant being willing adults. So a man can shop around until he finds a woman who's okay with bed-hopping, but no particular woman is obligated to be one of his wives.

Originally posted by Cara:

Geeljire, think of a standard car. There's space for the driver, and 4 seat belts. Legally the driver can have 4 passengers in his car, but he cannot force any one passenger to stay in the car. I'm pretty sure marriage, even polygamous marriage, is supposed to work on the same principle, with every participant being willing adults. So a man can shop around until he finds a woman who's okay with bed-hopping, but no particular woman is obligated to be one of his wives.

Mhmm...that is kind of sensible smile.gif

Ibtisam   

Hello Ibti .. how is it going ?

ladies i meant that as a joke .... I'm scared that you actually think like that.

for the record Aaliyah a second marriage is not and never has been grounds for divorce from wife numero uno .. a man is within his rights to marry #2, #3, and #4.

Prove it from ISlam. A second marriage is and HAS been grounds for divorce. If one can divorce her husband for being short or ugly, your better believe she can divorce him for marrying a second time.

No women is obligated to stay married under terms she is not satisfied with. Islamic marriage is not the prison you all make it out to be. Once he reach his decision to marry and he does so, she has to make her own decision to whether to walk away or try to cope.

We've had this discussion before and I told you the deen is not what YOU want it to be :Dicon_razz.gif . I'm good huuno, and urself?

:D @ Cara .. as much as I love car analogies that one is not an accurate for this situation.

assuming he is fulfilling all his other roles .. naag kale ayaa la ila guursaday ma iskaga fasakhi kartaa ninka ? .. No, as far as I know.

EDIT

ibti ... I'm no sheikh myself so I'll leave it that. but recently at a local mosque a xalimo made it one of the condition of her marriage contract that her faarax may not marry another xalimo while still married to her.

the sh. canceled that provision even though the faarax was ok with it, his reasoning being "you cannot deny him a god-given right .. just because you do not approve of it" .. besides it is a one helleva bargaining chip icon_razz.gif