Sign in to follow this  
underdog

Feminine Vs. Feminist

The prophet (SCW) said that men and women are equal in everything, but have different roles due to their different biologies. Men are supposed to protect women and provide for her, and it is the job of the women to raise the next generation of muslims with good islamic knowlege, values and respect. THe problems occuring in this society with regards to teengagers is because more and more women are working and putting their kids in daycare. You cannot depend on someone else to raise your kids the right way, that job belongs to you, and you are responsible for thier outcome.

A child needs their mother's love, guidance, and discipline in the eary critical years.

Iffah   

As I sat here reading most these replies, I finally came to the post I was looking for..and that is P_S' post about women working for the sake of making a difference in this world and who don't entertain this silly idea of competing with their male counterparts.

If all women are better of staying home - what happens when the need for an OB/GYN, a Dr or a nurse arises? Should these Muslim women be subjected to being intimately examined by a male professional when they could easily receive the same care from a Muslim woman gynecologist, Dr...etc? I'm sure you, yourself will also prefer your wife to go to a woman gyn. when the circumstanc entails. So why deny women to go out and pursue such professions, or whatever else they wish to be?

To add..I do agree with you guys that a woman has a greater responsibility when it comes to caring for the children and that they should be her main priority.. but I also believe that it is possible for her to have a career and fulfull the responsibilities of being a good mother and a wife. It's all about prioritizing, organizing and of course, having a loving and an understanding husband at her side would make it much easier.

Qac Qaac   

Shaabella, well said. but sis be careful iknow what u trying to say, but don't say the prophet said scw women and men are equal... don't leave it at that, u have to say men and women in the eyes of allah they are equal. but obviously when it comes to who stronger they are not. and there is pharse in the quran, that always put in cnn, that goes like this " al-rijaalu qawamuuna alaa nisaa'a" but don't understand the ayah the wrong way, it doesn't mean that men are better than women... anyways i won't go into explaining the ayah, coz that is Nur's Job... but just be careful.

Shaabella, also u compared men to the prophet scw. ok... fair enough.

but i ask u. how many somali women are like Khadija, Aisha, Umuu salama. Zaynab, Hafsa... radiyaalaahu canhum..

same thing goes to the women too.

DA... u said, and i quote" why whould i wanna aim so low, and wanna equal to men"...

well end of arguement for me, ur true colors came out here. let's face it u have something against men, and i wonder who is the men u gonna marry... don't u have respect for your brothers, fathers, uncles, grandfather, obviously only your mother didn't give u birth, it had to be 2 pp.

princess sexy thanks sis... but i wish u be judge here, and correct both ppl. if i came wrong, correct me, but u can't let pass your eyes saying like this... that DA just said.

Kruella   

i think the issue is no longer about feminism and women-bashing, or gender war SOL style. It's more to do with Time. The most essential thing we need to deal with is how to use our TIME effectively. We spend our precious time working under the watchful eye of big brother Capitalism and never giving ourselves Enough time to really work on what is more important, namely family, spouses, building strong cultural and religious community ties in the West. In the end, if some plp want a stay at home mom or a career woman, it should be dealt with on an individual basis, to each his own. But the real dilemma is yes some of us want to work, yes we need plp out of welfare, yes we need an educated generation, yes we need to live above the poverty level but to what end? Our kids will know more about Santa claus than our religion because we won't have Time to talk to them. Their only source of information will be mommy and daddy TV. They will be susceptible to end up like the hamster in a wheel with no destination in this life or the next. Those are the challenges we face today. Not because Farax or xalimo occasionally disagree on gender roles but who will raise your kids or what kind of family will you have time to raise (i'm talking about both genders). In the end, it's a personal decision we all have to face once we cross that bridge.

Salamz

LuCkY   

LMAO!Some things NEver Change.Why Cant Ya'LL just agree to disagree?Why do Ya'LL have to get personaL eh?

Qac Qaac   

Daredevil, do u want us, let go her threatening ideas, so she could iject it to more of our sisters. sis in our culture and religion if someone is wrong we correct them, and we don't say let's learn to agree to disagree. u r not being fair to the person who is correct...

ee next time waxaas oo kale yaan kaa maqal, oo labo jeer oo hore baan kaa maqlay.

OG_Girl   

Hmmm, then we expecting peace in somalia!!!

I don't think so , since some people still have problems or feel threaten coz some one express their opinion!.how fragile they r ... just wondering..so sad wallahi :confused:

God helps us .

salam

Qac Qaac   

u think, u could bring ideas of peace to somalia.. how sad r u? to think this way.

don't get involved stay away. and let me express my view.. u too nice sis. Og, u r not like them, so pls stay away.

LuCkY   

QQ what are you taLking about?Threatening ideas?I mean its been obvious some of Ya'LL got issues with this gaL but this is something new.

ee next time waxaas oo kale yaan kaa maqal, oo labo jeer oo hore baan kaa maqlay.

Who do you think you are?Is that a threat?

OG_Girl   

Not like them?!!! I thought u have womenphopia ..lol... u scare from any woman .

Is ok baby as my sister X said ONE DAY U WILL GROW UP if not next year , year after if not the year after after :D

PS: thanx for saying I am too nice , I know that, all people say I am nice redface.gif

Salaam

I consider myself a strong and independent woman who embraces challenges of any caliber and of course stands shoulder to shoulder with her male counterpart, but please and i mean please dare not call me a feminist. the word somehow insinuates traits of masculinity and that is far from moi and not depicting of this fine, fair, fragile and very feminine baadiya girl smile.gif

Tuujiye   

s/caleykum....

Yo I joke alot n this place but i'm talking serious now walaahi....

OG and DD please look both sides..If y'al think Qac'qaac is mesed up is ok but don't make D.A and angel because y'all know she aint.. Is not only qac' who has problem with her, is almost every guy in here.

So please next time don't take action only when y'all see what qac'qaac wrote take action when she is insulting others.

Qac'qaac waraa iska daa gabartaan nin yahoo wee kaa yartahay oo isku caqli matihiin. hadaad is fahmeynin iska daa nooh.

DD wlc back..lol..

hadaa soo noqonee canaan aa hore kabilaabee yaah..cajuusad yahee.lol.. Abaayo walaahi qoftaan ayada xataa la hadla sheydaanimo ayee wadaa..since aa idinka fahantiin...

posted by shaabella

HOWEVER, there are always exceptions and I want the GUYS here to not just look at the problems with women, but with the whole society, and that includes MEN. YOu cannot just look at one part of the problem and completely ignore the others. FURTHERMORE, I am sorry but this is not SIMON SAYS. IF a person disagrees with your views please do not jump down their throat, or accuse them of looking for a confrontaion. THat is childish and immature attutide. Accept the idea that people have thier own opinions and will express them.

well-put walaalo

my dear brothers n sisters, aduunkaan waa la isku wada baahan yahay dumarka rag bay u baahan yihiin n ragana dumar bay u baahan yihiin, marka walaalayaal aan isku sabarno ita yar oo aan aduunka isla joogno. asxantu