Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Burcaawi Ina Batuuta - July 2007

N.O.R.F   

We set off for Berbera then Burco the following morning. We arrived at Berbera at about 2.30pm and lunched on fish at one of the restaurants, which had its fair share of ‘dhagan celis’ visitors. I only took pics of the beach and didn’t bother with the rest of the city.

I regret not taking any pictures, as it would have demonstrated a city destroyed but not re-developed. Sarajevo, Bosnia came to mind when travelling through the city towards the beach. We met up with family and friends who made their way up from Burco and were already enjoying the beach.

It was time to show off my swimming skills. I did manage to obtain my silver award whilst in junior school but slept on the morning of the gold award :rolleyes:

The beach was perfect. Soft sand, clean water and no semi naked western expats in sight! A party from Burco who were still celebrating their brother’s marriage, some local curious kids and a young mixed family – a Somali guy and English muslimah with a cute little kid mash Allah, joined us. A very enjoyable day indeed. Here are some pics and vids taken,,,,,,,,,,

On the road to Berbera 1

Still going,,,,

and on,,,,,,,,,

The beach

21606275854.jpg

21606275839.jpg

21606275820.jpg

21606275881.jpg

21606275988.jpg

Ibtisam   

North I hope that us not you with the suicidal driving!, I think I stop breathing for a moment there!

Bad taste in Music :D the beach looks fab.

hahaha ,,, and they would arrest you and say we captured the biggest ICU/Alqaidah in the region :D

where are the photos in Ethiopia bal ??

Ibtisam   

^^is that it for the pictures?? I'm still holding my breath for the good ones, can you hurry with them before i pass out! :D

N.O.R.F   

I actually did some work today :rolleyes:

Fresh caano geel for breakfast

21707451021.jpg

My grandfather's (Allah yarxamu) barkad in Ethiopian side of Balli Dhiiq :cool:

21707451013.jpg