Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Burcaawi Ina Batuuta - July 2007

Hunguri   

very good pictures Northners :D , well Im waiting for the Youtube Vedeo clips. Jacaylbro, niyow adigu meeshana waa joogtaa :D , waxna masoo galisde. Im sure you must have stolen the Digital Camera of Northner, as he told me it was stolen in Hargaisa. Any vedeo clip that Jacaylbro posts shoud be taken into consideration lol. Jacaylbro, sxbow masoo galin kartaa Waqdii Jaadka ee Hargaisa lol. I just wanna see the Kat market and those guys shouting "Waar waa 25 waar waa 15"" !!!!

Ibtisam   

North, Maa intaas baad laa soo soocote all this time!.? I know you are saving the best for last, (you are right!). So I’m patiently waiting.

Serenity :rolleyes: What impressed you dear?? Do you want to work for maaxad? or perhaps you like the back of the students heads, ooh wait, I know you like the fire engine maah I got it, you like the clip when North is scared of a camel that run in his path!! Shouting "doh doh, waara naaga baaid from inside his car" lol :D

Well, North's pics look a bit personable, thats all. He has tried to highlight the perks of visiting and how progress is being made in the country.

You on the other hand, came across as slightly snotty . Not to mention you took pics of the sort of things I would rather not see... am I imagining things or did you take pics of ri la qalayey iyo aqalo laqa dhisey cow dung?? What made you think we would want to see blood, meat and dung?? icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^^ And who is being snotty now?? :rolleyes: I was trying to show you guys the reality of life back home, but I should’ve known the fish n chips of this world will not appreciate me showing you both sides, the tall buildings and cow dung houses. :rolleyes: :D

Ibtisam   

^^I don't understand what you are talking about dear :rolleyes: Now can you stop hijacking North burco thread, I'm waiting for the Miyi pictures, the snakes, lions and the geel iyo ri/ orgi la qalayey :D

Hunguri   

By the way, Jacaylbro Im sure you are an expert SOL Guru. Niyow, I just wanna change this averter. Coz, bahalku waa igu uray. I need to take this to the laundery or Doobile. Do PM me the instructions of how to upload an averter. I will be waiting :D .

PS:-

Chanima, sxb you are very far behind. the word hijacking Threads is common among the new Alient members. Its something very normal :D . There are more dangerouse things going on. Have u heard a virtual humen hijacking ???

Ibtisam   

Look who is back, Hunguri! The dad of hijacking threads! Hello.

Serenity lool, beady eyes aah, lool, cheers women!. smile.gif << better. :D

Let's have the annual hijackers conference :D

hunguri , it is the weekend sxb ,,, lemme go back to work and send you the PM ,,, i'm just on bed and can't concentrate :D

N.O.R.F   

Met up with JB later on in the afternoon who then showed me around Hargaisa in the evening after a quick trip to the Ambassador for a late lunch.

We visited a neat mall complex with the main shop called the Dollar Store. This place had mostly western style clothing. Although one didn’t agree with some of the stuff on display, this was compensated for by plenty of sports gear and traditional Somali attire.

Later that evening a funny bus journey from the Dollar Store to the Summertime restaurant had us in stitches.

A: Waar hebelow, dee exhuastku wuu ka laadlaadaa bahalka

B: Ar ninyow maantoo dhan waxan maqlaayey qadow qadow, show bahalka waxbaa ka si ahaa. Bal aan joojiye sug.

The bus stops in the middle of the road and they both get off to inspect. ‘boom, bang, clank’ can be heard and everyone on the bus tries to help by giving advice since they are all experts at how an exhaust should be fitted.

Waar sidan iyo sidaa dhe, waxan iyo waxaa samee, tan iyo taa badal, kaa iyo kaa kala wareeji LoooL

They come back on board a few minutes later and off we went.

JB introduced me to some of his colleagues / Uni peeps before we grabbed a table and ordered the customary shaah lipton.

The next day

I got up at 10am after another late night. My cousin from London was staying at the same hotel. Tis a small world I tell ya.

I made my way across the road and hopped on the bus making its was up the airport road. A 2 min trip cost me SLS 1,000!!!! Which is about $0.15 or GBP 0.07. Not bad I thought.

Breakfast at Ambassador at 11am was very enjoyable. A busy place with a lot of people staying, functions and seminars by NGOs going on and odeyaal shiraaya all at the same time.

Met the owner (reer Sheff) and waited for my Saudi uncle to arrive.

N.O.R.F   

Dollar Store

21603153270.jpg

21603153214.jpg

21603153250.jpg

21603153241.jpg

Now I know where Geedi gets his suits :D

21603153231.jpg

Suldaaka cad!

21603153571.jpg

MC Xamar when he visits in the future :D

Baluug   

Woohoo, a shout-out!! I'm trying to figure out which one of those 2 guys in the orange shirts is Northerner. And what the hell is with the white mannequin? In Somali(land)? Insha Allah I am gonna visit that store someday, and have my picture taken with it :D