Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Burcaawi Ina Batuuta - July 2007

N.O.R.F   

Pictures from the Maaxda Togdheer Mineral Water Warshad

Employing a total of 40 people who work on a rota system, the factory is in production 24 hours a day. Water is delivered to all parts of Somaliland and people as far as Xamar would come and buy before the recent war. The number one bottled water brand in Somaliland today, the official supplier of Daallo Airlines with additional supplies being loaded onto a cargo plane bound for Iraq on a monthly basis.

Pipelines supply the local residents who are billed for their water use.

There are two Indian brothers who work as an account and chemical engineer and are earning more than they would in Dubai! They also happen to have grasped the Somali language with ease and I would bet they speak better than a few of our resident SOLers :D

The football team has not been fairing well in the friendly games I heard of. Probably because they didn’t tell me about the games and so didn’t play in them. I would have scored 6 pasted the Soap Factory team who beat them 2-0 last Thursday.

Needless to say myself and all the other visitors were on strict orders to avoid the local water and drink Maaxda. Only difference was I got my supplies for free :D

Enjoy

Labels

21303505062.jpg

Boxes to be filled

21303505014.jpg

Hot off press. The metal thing is writing the date of production on.

21303505091.jpg

Line them up!

21303505034.jpg

Office

21303505126.jpg

Ready to go to Hargaisa

21303505197.jpg

The small plastic tubes are blown up by the machine to form the actual bottles.

NGONGE   

No offence North, I'm still not impressed. Everyone that goes to Somalia/Somaliland ends up coming back with photos of buildings! Where are the people? Have you taken any photos of random people?

NGONGE   

I saw the backs of their heads.

There is something real strange about that photo you know! Look at the backs of their heads...

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

No offence North, I'm still not impressed. Everyone that goes to Somalia/Somaliland ends up coming back with photos of buildings! Where are the people? Have you taken any photos of random people?

No saxib no pics of random people. Most are family so no exposure on SOL yacni. Your just jelous you havnt been to black Africa yet :D

JB, maybe I should have recorded some of those people on that bus :D

NGONGE   

Heh. That's what I'm talking about. You should have taken photos of random people, saaxib. Ok, fine. At least tell me you did better than our former burco envoy (what does she call herself these days?) and took photos of different animals. She did well with the goats, remember! :D

N.O.R.F   

^^ :D

I have vids from the miyi still to come so be patient saxib.

ps just realised its the charity shield on Sunday :confused:

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

Ngonge wants to see pictures of Nasa Hablod...am taking about the mountains....

21306382529.jpg

There you go NG

A great view from my hotel window :D