Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Duke's book club

SeeKer   

^^How predictable can a philosophical message written into fiction be? I love Mr Coelho :D

I recently just finished these:-

• 13706662.JPG

NaomiKlein-TheShockDoctrine.jpg

WolfDreamsNew_w.jpg

9780312360542-l.jpg

Kindred.jpg

P_How_Soccer_Explains_the_World.jpg

But my all time fav has got to be atlas-shrugged-book.jpg

Originally posted by Farancab:

Ina aabow kitaabka ^^ aad raacato weynaa,,,
:D

waar maxaad akhriyaysaa ,,,,,,

Actually that book is one of the best i've read so far ....

Abtigiis   

1- Memories of my melancholy Whores, Gabriel Garica Marquez :D:D

2- A thousand Splendid Suns, Khaleed Hossieni

3- Dinner With Mugabe, Heidi Holland

4- Deception Point, Dan Brown

^ Lol, well look u got hundreds of suggestions now! smile.gif

Dave Pelzer's Trilogy is a good one too 'My Story' based on a true story:

1. A CHILD CALLED 'IT': Dave Pelzer's story is of a child beaten and starved by his emotionally unstable, alcoholic mother: a mother who played tortuous, unpredictable games that left one of her three sons nearly dead. No longer considered a son, or a boy, but an 'it', Dave had to learn how to play these games in order to survive. His bed was an old army cot in the basement and when he was allowed food it was scraps from the dogs' bowl. Throughout, Dave kept alive the dream of finding a family who would love and care for him. This is an inspirational look at the horrors of child abuse and the steadfast determination of one child to survive despite the odds.

2. THE LOST BOY: The harrowing but ultimately uplifting true story of Dave's journey through the foster-care system in search of a family who will love him.

3. A MAN NAMED DAVE: The gripping conclusion to this inspirational trilogy. With extraordinary generosity of spirit, Dave takes us on a journey into his past. At last he confronts his father and ultimately his mother. Finally, Dave finds the courage to break the chains of the past and learn to love, trust and live for the future.

Depressing but captivating!

Johnny B   

gdpt1.JPG

A good read and a brilliant prospective.

All 6 billion plus inhabitants of Earth should be in possession of this book. Alper's tome should be placed in the sacred writings section of libraries, bookstores, and dwellings throughout the world. Matthew Alper is the new Galileo. Immensely important. Defines in a clear and concise manner what each of us already knew but were afraid to admit and exclaim. The cats out of the bag.

~John Scoggins, Ph.D.

Thank you for making sense out of the hunches and gut feelings I've had for years. I feel more peaceful and positive now. I hope that the candle you've lit in the vast darkness will burn as bright as the sun.

~John Emerson, Ph.D.

This is an essential book for those in search of a scientific understanding of mans spiritual nature. Matthew Alper navigates the reader through a labyrinth of intriguing questions and then offers undoubtedly clear answers that lead to a better understanding of our objective reality.

~Elena Rusyn, MD, Ph.D.; Gray Laboratory;

Harvard Medical School

chubacka   

Originally posted by Make a Wish:

Chubacka, I got bored of that book u suggested 'Half of a Yellow Sun'- it was just too slow, did it pick up later on?!

It depends where you are girly but, yes it does, LOTS of things happen. I loved the characters, especially the thin, ugly twin with the 20 a day habit? ahahha she's fab.

At the moment I am reading and reallly enjoying.

howtoquranzarabozo.gif

Author is Jamaal Al-Din M. Zarabozo.

really recommend it esp. in Ramadan.

JB lol. Is that why you were cooking in the middle of the night for the family?!

Khayr   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

I finished this during the weekend. Nice read indeed.

13819987.JPG

Shooot, I didnt know that there was soo much on the subject.

Guess, I gotta PAY ATTENTION more often. :D