Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Duke's book club

yea that's rarely the case with most books that are made into movies. hollywood always adds their little things, and the thing looks different from the novel. but then again, people might want to read the book after watching the movies. brings alot more exposure for the author I guess.

Currently flip flopping between "Think & Grow Rich" By Napolean Hill & Animal Farm by George Orwell :D

P.s The Twilight series is an epic fail! icon_razz.gif

^^^Thats a a great book, I have lost my copy, you just reminded me. :mad:

As for reading, Invictus was wonderful book, I recomend it to anyone who wants to understand the truimph of Nelson Mandela.

I have a copy of the Great Gatsby, never read though.

gatsby1.jpg

ANWAR   

I have exsam about these two books, about a few weeks

sharks, by Jens Bjørneboe

51EKNB2TFGL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

bird lovers, by Jens Bjørneboe

51MJ5SMSV6L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Rayyan   

Reading the wings of fire, the autobiography of Abdul Kalam, the indian (former)president and the rocket scientist, who advanced india's technical know-how of his country's missle technology,from a humble begining to a larger than life - inspirational story of all struggle and determination.

I'm currently reading this book. Seem to be very interesting.

51pQaP7rggL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is a compelling read enabling people outside of the fields of Aid and Development to challenge their own thinking about charity and where the feel-good money goes.

The book is written with a good balance of facts and figures interspersed with personal anecdotes that lighten the mood whilst still driving home the practicalities of living in Africa.

I believe this book was aimed at people like me, who have a slight, but apathetic concern about the effects of the mismanagement of globalisation, of domestic subsidies and who are happy to assuage the conscience with a donation to any charity that offers up suitable images of people in crisis believing that they have made a contribution.

Its easy to read, but not easy to forget.

By Gillian Caddy

I'm currently reading " The Emperor of Ocean Park" by Stephen L. Carter. I'd recomend it for anyone who needs to understand Race and Class in America. It's not one of those long, boring books that read more like anthropology text. It is fun, witty, intelligent and the author focuses on the top 1% of the most educated,wealthiest,Ivy League grads of Black America. It is also a thriller.

SeeKer   

^^Did you get the tickets for Sunday?

Naxar N , Rules for Radicals looks like an interesting read. Currently reading three books at a time but I was wondering did anyone read this book. tumblr_l0xj0wSvGJ1qz8mws.jpg

I have been meaning to pick it up but I haven't had a chance yet. The reviews on it are great.

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

I am reading hunter Thomson's "The Rum Diary"

the_rum_diary.jpg

So i can start Jack Kerouac's Dharma bums

P-M-B-9780141184883.jpg

or

francis_fukuyama-the_end_of_history_and_

help me decide people...

These certainly have the cool factor.

Let us know how they fare, aight?

I sure will 2+2=5, by the way, is your name from shaq's famous "everybody know 2+2=5"?

JB, I was leaning towards Dharma bums (my fave cafe here is "cafe kerouac and i would like to relate to the rest of the patrons") but I might as well brush up on Poli Sci theories with the End of History, remember as one of the most fascinating theories I've come across in Poli Sci, kinda opposite of the clash of civilizations, couldn't finish that junk...