Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Duke's book club

Ashkiro   

Originally posted by XamarGalle:

[
Ignorance is the enemy of love
by Faarax M.J. Cawl. I was like Hayem, reading this book in the end. It has tragic end.
:D

[/QB]

Where can I find this book? (I've looked everywhere)

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^^loool. Yusuf's biography will be writen soon enough insha Allah.
A tough Somali Soldier
is a working title.

But have you read the book,
I sold the Sea to Kenya
by the illeterate Sharif Xasan writen for him by MMA?

:D:D:D

I wouldn't mind writing the old stooge man's autobiography, which will be titled as I wrote above.

PS -- It was sad to see Shariif Xasan at Nayroobi airport, coming from Dubai. A major "minister" that was treated like a common traveller -- waiting in line at the immigration/customs and luggage section as well. Soomaali maxee meel isdhigtay, dowladii dadkii ku jiray haddeeba saas loola dhaqmaayo. Awalba dowlad magac u yaal ayee iska ahayd, I guess.

Salma   

Ok, I don't want any1 to remind me with the "The Kite Runner", I cried and cried and cried and couldn't stop myself and the story is deeply engraved in my mind..... What shall I call Khaled Hossaini "Master of Disaster" the one he can break your heart in few minutes....

Currently, I am reading an arabic novel written by a Tunisian author called "Al-Habib Al-Salmy", under the name: The Scents of Marie-Claire,,, mmm not that tasty, not exactly my cup of tea, but have to finish it.

And there is a small book in my handbag called "Who will cry,, when you die?" for Robin Sharma (I loved his first book "The Monk who sold his Ferrari" to the limit I am working on a mini-book of mine "The Somali who swallow her Blackberry LOL".

Anyway,,,, read for Robin Sharma,,, u will like him.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Ashkiro:

quote:

Originally posted by XamarGalle:

[
Ignorance is the enemy of love
by Faarax M.J. Cawl. I was like Hayem, reading this book in the end. It has tragic end.

[/QB]

Where can I find this book? (I've looked everywhere) [/QB]
Ashkiro, it's hard to find this book. Hopefully someone might republish it.

If you are still going to school, see if your Uni has Interlibrary Loan (ILL)program with other colleges.

First, Go to your school's research database and access WORLDCAT, which is a catalog search engine. Type the exact above title and the author. Then try to order it through interlibrary loan. If your school has a copy of it, good luck other wise, borrow from whichever school has it through this program.

That is how I get it back in 2005.

Great book sis.

Salma   

How about Somali Books??

Last Thursday, in the Hilton Corniche Residence in Abu Dhabi, the Somali Residents in Abu Dhabi had a great opportunity and a lovely gathering with some Somali Authors who gave us a presentation about the History of the Somali Language in addition to a book fair. Below are the books which have been sold:-

guri_waa_haween.jpg

jamaal_cali_xuseen-qosol.jpg

Af_Qalooc.jpg

Hal_Ka_Haleel.jpg

Les_miserables.jpg

Victor Hugo's tale of injustice, heroism and love follows the fortunes of Jean Valjean, an escaped convict determined to put his criminal past behind him. But his attempts to become a respected member of the community are constantly put under threat: by his own conscience, when, owing to a case of mistaken identity, another man is arrested in his place; and by the relentless investigations of the dogged policeman Javert. It is not simply for himself that Valjean must stay free, however, for he has sworn to protect the baby daughter of Fantine, driven to prostitution by poverty. A compelling and compassionate view of the victims of early nineteenth-century French society, Les Misérables is a novel on an epic scale.

Greatest Book ever! I is a very long read, but skiping all the bits about the French revolution shortens it somewhat!

You should start one on the worst books ever to have been put on paper! Layla & Majnuun springs to mind! And The Alchemist...which in theroy should be a good book but blurs the lines of acceptable in my opinion!

ADNAAN   

Originally posted by BORN_BRANIAC:

here are some of the books i read and suggest ppl to read.

A Thousand Splendid Suns ( Khalid Hussieni)

Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez ( Gabriel Marquez)

The Kite Runner ( Khalid Hussieni)

The House of the Spirits (Isabel Allende)

All These books are Fiction

^^Good list of books sis. kite Runner is the book to read.

Kite_runner.jpg