Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

The cynicism of SOL old Timers

The saying: ‘You can’t teach an old dog new tricks’ can in many ways apply to those SOL members who are on the wrong side of the 33! Many have entered uncharted territories inhibited by unknown and dark forces – marriage, old age, health issues - the realisation that your legs give way when you stretch and the planning of their pensions as Diaspora warlord.

Their writing on SOL have lost all sense of purpose and consequently their moral compasses been become defunct and can no longer read the direction. These unfortunate incidents have come to shape their life experiences. We have become accustomed to their daily whining and tirades of self-opinionated bile that they constantly spew.

Since I joined this site, I have become cynical; many of you may remember my optimism. This has now become a tragedy and all my ideas have been shamed and humiliated by cynics of SOL. They have killed my buoyancy and positive vibe. I am been slowly killed and my ambition and ability in Somali Politics is falling by the way side! LOL! :D

Buz Lurham's Words come to mind:

''Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.''

Does that sound familar??

Thierry.   

Marx I am with you saxiib I have also lost enthusiasm and become cynical (although at a slower pace than you) during my years in SOL. Should we start naming and shaming those who extinguish the excitement of youths. :D

Xiin: The young mad was full and fresh with ideas until he met some folks :D

Fabregas   

Naxno Al shabab (we are the youth), lana al ghado (tomorrow is ours)

Wa majdoho(and its glory) Al mokhalado (the eternal). Naxno Al Shabab.

Shicaarona cala al zaman (our slogan throughout time) Caash el wadan Caash al wadan (long live our homeland long live our homeland). Naxno Al Shabab.

Calamtana keef el shmam (it taught us good morals) wa keef yorfac al calam( and how the flag is raised). Naxno Al Shabab.

Al Safx wa al jadawil (the land and the springs), Wal xaqlo wal sanaabil (and the field and the grass*), wa ma bana alawaa'il (and what the ancestors built), Naxno laho macaaqil (we are their defenders).

Al deen fe qoluubina (the faith is in our hearts), wa el nuur fii ciyoonina (and the light in our eyes), wa al xaqqo fe yamiinina (and the xaq is in our right hands), Wal ghaar fe jabiinina (no idea what the ghaar could be here but it's on their foreheads). Naxno Al Shabab.

Lana el ciriaq wo al sham (Iraq and Sham are ours)

Wa masro wa el beet el xaraam( and Egypt and...do I have to translate this one?)

Namshi cala el moot el zo'aam(we march against death), ela al amaam ela al amaam( forward forward).

Nabni wa la natakil (we build and don't depend on others), nafni wa la nankhadil (we give our all and are never let down)

Lana al yad wo al camal (ours are the hands and the hard work), lana al ghado wa al amal (ours is tomorrow and ours is hope) Naxno Al Shabab.

:D

( courtsey of ngonge)

Well, I wouldn't say 33+ is the era of bad health or pension drawing. Maybe you are thinking 63, Marx?

Also I don't think you can blame others for the weaknesses of your ideas. If they don't cut the mustard, then...you know.

Anyway, as a philosophy student (right?), you should develop thicker skin and stand firm regardless.

Threadkan tacbaan waayye, anaa cusbo ku darayyaa ka leexda :D

Originally posted by Thierry.:

Xiin: The young mad was full and fresh with ideas until he met some folks

I respectfully disagree yaa Thiery:

In its most elemental way, the atom of Marx’s drive was: i fiirsha . He started in his youthful desecration by propagating ad hoc, and technically primitive, YouTube videos that conveyed nothing other than that he wore dark glasses and spoke English. His sloppy entry would’ve been pardonable had he aimed to think big and embrace constructive ideas. Instead he had gotten smaller in his political outlook and begun advocating for the smallest idea in Somalia’s political market, secessionism. In the months that followed in his debut on SOL, Marx diminished in value in the eyes of most SOLers. Some called him a Diaspora warlord, whose ideological bankruptcy merits his banning. Others abstained and watched while Marx happily transitioned to zero.

As Always I occupied the middle of the two. The Admin was not as generous as I though, and good Marx went under the knife. That he now complains about lack of energy and mourns about his oppressed buoyancy can actually be seen as a good sign. After all the man has shown an ability to stand for what he believes even if it’s regressively inspired. It’s not that I am against Marx finding his voice again that I wrote this hasty missive, rather it’s that Marx despite his Churchillian pose is an empty loom. Here is why:

On religion and faith:

===============

we found his pronounced ignorance beyond repair, his moralizing tone intolerable

On Somali Unity and peace:

=================

we found him to be an aspirant anarchist who is resolved to cause mischief in certain regions.

On the matters of family and social friendliness

===================================

we found his anti social attitude bordering dangerously criminal.

Khulasatul qawl: Churchill is at best a confused man, at worst he is a mole :D amongst the faithful

Paragon   

Val

He's not in any way close to being a Philo-student. The boy is in engineering (or something mechanical smile.gif ) I think/

Now, lad, what is wrong with 33 considering I am in a head-collision with it? And I AM NOT CYNICAL. If anything I am growing more optimistic.

Perhaps all we old timers did was to ground your feet firm on planet Earth? smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by -MARX-:

Since I joined this site, I have become cynical; many of you may remember my optimism. This has now become a tragedy and all my ideas have been shamed and humiliated by cynics of SOL. They have killed my buoyancy and positive vibe. I am been slowly killed and my ambition and ability in Somali Politics is falling by the way side! LOL!

Are we talking about the first, second or third time you joined this site? :D

i guess good ole marx-marki is talking about me. lol... waryaa nin raga ah aan rabneey inaan ka digno. we saw that you still had caano on your lips so we was just showing u the robes.

odeeyasha, i had the same problem with them when i came here! laa kiinsey, sidii aan kulaba mid madixeeysa oga soo bounce graboobaayee iyan caafimaadey.

so dont worry...couple of moo bounces...u will see the light at the end of the tunnel... its the somali way...wc home homie!!

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Zeylaci:

Naxno Al shabab (we are the youth), lana al ghado (tomorrow is ours)

Wa majdoho(and its glory) Al mokhalado (the eternal). Naxno Al Shabab.

Shicaarona cala al zaman (our slogan throughout time) Caash el wadan Caash al wadan (long live our homeland long live our homeland). Naxno Al Shabab.

Calamtana keef el shmam (it taught us good morals) wa keef yorfac al calam( and how the flag is raised). Naxno Al Shabab.

Al Safx wa al jadawil (the land and the springs), Wal xaqlo wal sanaabil (and the field and the grass*), wa ma bana alawaa'il (and what the ancestors built), Naxno laho macaaqil (we are their defenders).

Al deen fe qoluubina (the faith is in our hearts), wa el nuur fii ciyoonina (and the light in our eyes), wa al xaqqo fe yamiinina (and the xaq is in our right hands), Wal ghaar fe jabiinina (no idea what the ghaar could be here but it's on their foreheads). Naxno Al Shabab.

Lana el ciriaq wo al sham (Iraq and Sham are ours)

Wa masro wa el beet el xaraam( and Egypt and...do I have to translate this one?)

Namshi cala el moot el zo'aam(we march against death), ela al amaam ela al amaam( forward forward).

Nabni wa la natakil (we build and don't depend on others), nafni wa la nankhadil (we give our all and are never let down)

Lana al yad wo al camal (ours are the hands and the hard work), lana al ghado wa al amal (ours is tomorrow and ours is hope) Naxno Al Shabab.

( courtsey of ngonge)

Hadii Mawdka lama baajiyee uu bari kusii daayo

Oo uu ku baal maro da’baan laga badbaadayne

Rag ninkii barbaar ahi ma oga baa’ba u hadhaye

Bad madoow timihii ahaa madaxi waa boose

Hadduu bilic lahaan jiray wajigu baabah quruxdiiye

Sunayaal bishoo kale ahaa waa balool madhane

Bidhaan aan fogayn bay indhuhu baalka ururshaane

Barbarkayga yar ee ay maraan gacanta baaceeda

Baabuurradaa roorayana iima baxo guuxu

Waataas dhabanadii buuxi jiray uu buusmay hilibkiiye

Sanka baallihiisii hadaa boholo jeexmeene

Biyahaaba soo mara hadaan waysda u baxo e

Haddii luquntu baac weyn lahayd waa besteed kale e

Bogga iyo gadhkiibaa ku dhow qaanso Baydariye

Baal dacar ka mudan bawdyihii baaxada lahaaye

Baadhiga maroodiga waxaan buun ku celinaayay

Waataa lafihii soo baxeen burucu saarnaaye

Bakhti baad i moodaa haddan baal u jiifsado e

Baabacada jeeroon cuskado kicitin waa beene

Talaabada waxaan boodi jiray baydhe lugihiiye

Haddaan Cawsha orod baacsan jiray boodadii dhimaye

Waa beratamaynaa aniga iyo bahalka Diin ahiye

Inuuse boodhka igu dhaafo uun baan ka baqaya

Da'da ~  Yuusuf X Aadan Cilmi Qabille (AUN) smile.gif

Cara.   

As you know Sir Marx, I've always been a steadfast Sancho to your dashing Don Quixote. I'm fully convinced that you can slay all monsters, rescue the fair damsel and end world hunger, and all before suppertime. Tilt at those windmills smile.gif

AYOUB   

^^ I think he's referring to Ngonge the cynic. :D Who else can this be?

"old age, health issues - the realisation that your legs give way when you stretch and the planning of their pensions as Diaspora warlord"

"lost all sense of purpose and consequently their moral compasses been become defunct and can no longer read the direction"

"daily whining and tirades of self-opinionated bile"

NGONGE   

There is still hope for you, Marx. In this thread, you have displayed your burning need for approval from your elders. That you did it in a vulgar and tortuous way is probably down to your usual youthful haste. I still applaud you for it.

Your next task is to break away the shackles and stand up to these ghastly elders like an equal. If you can legally drive, smoke, marry and hold a job you most certainly can also stand up for yourself. Can you keep your head when all around you are shakinghead.gif theirs? :D