Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's and the caste issue in marriage

Kool_Kat   

^Ma inanteydaan reer Burco ku aamini? Kaba daranee adiga waxaad ku lug leedahay? Carabta hadoo kale wexey dhahdaa 'abadan'!

Malika, bal usheeg...

NGONGE   

^^ If we got through the database of Somali clans, I am sure you and I will find a link somewhere. Marka don't say no yet. Gabadha ino kori. :D

^your son will have to get the clan's permission before uu gabadha picture-keeda arko and before uu guur kasoo doonto but for now, let us take a long recess, say 20 yrs?

Kool_Kat   

NG, nimaan Qardho ama Buulubarde kasoo farcamin uma qalmo inanteyda...

Is it me, or I am sounding a bit geesi here? Hmmm, thnx NG!

Kool_Kat   

Layzie, don't you just love how everybody is so quick to jump and say "I or my parents are accepting of others, be it from qabiil B, T, J, X, Kh or white, black, Aisan, Jew even, so long as he/she is Muslim?" :D Yea, mine too...

NGONGE   

^^ Horta where does LG fit into all of this? She must be like you, a suspect qaloocanite. :D

KK, now we are hitting the right notes. Shall we blow it up once and for all or should we wait a little for the confused to bore us with their PC comments?

Would you as a member of the "big" clans marry
from these clans?
Wouls you allow your children, and many of us are parents to marry into these clans and vica versa?

Aaah the big clan’s doing the small clans a favour by marrying down and foregoing their father’s and forefathers prejudices. How delightful.

Good save me from benevolent ideas.

G’Jere- its more than “are you willing to go throw all of that”.......the question is are you willing to risk your family for a woman/man you meet yesterday?

Stoic- an amazing story teller you are.......still waiting for the finishing sentence btw.

RedSea   

It's great to here guys. I belong to that clan family. So can any of you kindly arrange your daughter to marry my future son Insha Allah. Anyone steps forward. smile.gif

Sikaawe   

Originally posted by Jacphar:

^Somali parents find is easy welcoming a non-Somali be it Chinese or Jew than Somali jareer, mushunguli or a those seen inferior sub-clan in somali tradition.

You want my honest opinion on this? Don't go there. Swim with your fish.

I believe so, so long as your spouse is from people with which you share culture, religion and colour then you feel confortable in yourself with your marriage. Even if you get divorced you won't worry for your children's contact because you know who they are with after all. So I belief in fishing with one's group.