Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Saving Money

Blessed   

Juxa.. ahay. But the vessel becomes your responsibility and it's not bottomless.

Originally posted by The Zack:

There are a lot of times you can't control how much you are spending and there are times you can. It is all about your short term goals. For instance, if you know you are getting married on the summer of 2010 you will definitely save some 20g's or so in less than a year. So again it is all about goals, mudane Che.

That's the thing. He wants to be wealthy. Wealthy people don't save for weddings, the money would already be at their disposal. Saving and investing your money buys you freedom. You're not hoarding or being miserly - if you pay sadaqah and Zakah and spend within reason. I don't know why Somalis look down on the notion of wanting to make more money.. (?)

The more you save, the more Zakah you pay - which means that you invest in your aakhira and community too. I think last point is the reason the Prophet (saw) twinned spendrifts with misers. But as evident, most of us don't spend within reason. We moved house recently and just looking at all my stuff, some I forgot I had - it's useless. Now, I'd rather save up and buy value items that double as assets but it is hard to resist some things...

Che..

Yuk! I was thinking along the lines of kettles, sugar - a DIY, bring your own damned mug facility- That's what I'm used to. I'm not a coffee person but I can't ever imagine cutting back on tea.

Juxa   

blessed, the other day i was clearing rooms as i had guests due to stay, walahi i felt ashamed the amount of qashin ( i mean clothes with tags on etc) i had, i even forgot buying them.

walee aaqira suaal baa na sugeysa:(

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

[qb]

As for a gal eating out: I think there oughta be a law that bans such.[Yes,Ibti,a LAW!]
smile.gif

Dude we are humans too, would you like to come home from work and then have to cook your own meal?? I don't think so, so we either starve or eat out. redface.gif

I don't have a problem with clothes, I hate shopping [apart from perfume, which I've cut down so much] but food redface.gif

nuune   

^^^ Most people don't know that da money they had in the banks is used or being invested by da banks themselves and are making great profits, so true, at least invest it!

ama jeebka, ama jaziira udir, khalaas

Hmmm...savings. I remember when I had some! What a sense of well-being you have when there's some dosh sitting in your account!

These days, I live on a 10th of what I used to per month. And surprisingly I'm so much happier than when I was earning and spending like Speedy Gonzales. Alhamdulilaah.

Blessed   

^Masha Allah, that must be a nice feeling. smile.gif

Juxa wallahi, I felt sick. Astaqfirullah. I have improved significantly over the years but obviously need to deal with the impulse buying. I couldn't even figure out why I bought some of the stuff, stupi*d sales, I bet.

Ibts.. LOL. It ain't so hard, many people do it and you'll know exactly what's going in your stomach.

Curly   

Here are a few tips...

1. Like Blessed said treating savings like a bill, that's the best advice anyone can give you.

2. Plan for big and small costs alike, you'll feel so much better about going on a holiday with money you put aside purposely for that then if you did it all on your credit card. Or £40 a month might seem like nothing but it could be a good little bi-annual shopping spree.

3. Like my mother always says money that isn't Barakasan won't go far, give Zaakat and have good rewards in this world and the next.

4. Be thrifty, look for the best deals with holidays, clothes and food.

5. Going out doesn't need to stop, just be more out going with your choices... there's tonnes of cheap or even free things to do.

6. Make the hard times easier, If you have a large extended family considering saving collectively for those unexpected costs.

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

quote:Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

[qb]

As for a gal eating out: I think there oughta be a law that bans such.[Yes,Ibti,a LAW!]
smile.gif

Dude we are humans too, would you like to come home from work and then have to cook your own meal?? I don't think so, so we either starve or eat out.
redface.gif

I don't have a problem with clothes, I hate shopping [apart from perfume, which I've cut down so much] but food
redface.gif
Well,do not go to work then smile.gifsmile.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^Loool Seriously!! HAHA LOl, haye ma adiga aya ii billin ayah, me and my 20+ family in miyi. icon_razz.gif

Wait you are going to suggest I go on the dole! Shidhouse,