Sign in to follow this  
Nomen nescio

How would you feel if no one replied to your topic???

You post something important to you and thought is attention worthy….

It took you quiet a while to compose your topic…..

you are anxious to read what other nomads think of the issue you you laid for discussion and look forward to reciprocate wit them..

But...

no one replied to your topic…

You watch your topic slowly dwindle,,,,

and dwindle

and dwindles to the next page..

:D:D

I would like to know how you would feel if that happened to you……

Angry?

Disappointed?

Pissed?

For me.. I’d feel like rounding up those online and give them some real good a$$ whooping :D:D

Diamante   

talk about being obsessive..u ever tried anger management courses icon_razz.gif ...just jokin luv ;)

i think i would develop some kinda depressive disorder if people ignored my posts :( b-cuz

1. a good manicure ruined ( typing really isnt doing any good 4 my nails)

2. read the above

3. relieves my boredom at work (have sumthing to look forward to than a dull coffee break)

besides its a great way of getting to know which nomad pisses you off and which ones you share the same point of view with

on the other hand sumtimes the laziness gets the better of me...replying baad dhahday maahanee, even clickin the mouse is too much to ask! so u can say im guilty of ignoring the odd post or two redface.gif

anyways that my two cents...toodledoo

hey

i would fell Disappointed coz i took my time on it and nothing happens lol thats why most people hate me here for bringing the past stuff back. but thats not good even if you dont agree atleast have a voice in there.

Actually, I would not desire that most people reply to my threads. The replies are often a bane and not a boon. Thusly insofar as the thread is read I am satisfied.

With Salaams

PK

Originally posted by Mutakalim:

Actually, I would not desire that most people reply to my threads. The replies are often a bane and not a boon. Thusly insofar as the thread is read I am satisfied.

With Salaams

PK

hummm.. thats probably why 90% of your posts are actually replies to a topic.. not a topic by its own...

on the other hand sumtimes the laziness gets the better of me...replying baad dhahday maahanee, even clickin the mouse is too much to ask! so u can say im guilty of ignoring the odd post or two

I agree with you,,, I sometimes type a reply to a thread and decide to cancel it out at the last minute,,, mostly that’s caused by the quality of the topic or the poster…

I would say no one's opinion is worth more than your own.

Besides, nowadays, people's attention span is quite shot. I wouldn't expect that much outta people, unless you had to go all out to grab and hold their attention by tailoring to their lack of attentiveness.

Or maybe you should just get a life?

Elysian   

Mutakallim wrote:

If that's the case then it's maybe good to have a counter for number of visitors... I mean so that one knows if someone actually bothered to open the topic or not.

I'm new to this forum so I'm not that familiar yet with the system, if there is already a function like the one I just suggested then pls just ignore.

I have a question though, should you post topics b/c you find it interesting or b/c you think it'll be interesting to other ppl and therefore sharing it has a purpose.

And maybe depending on why you posted a topic (referring to my question above) you will react differently if no one replies.

Danger: It is true that the majority of my posts are replies to threads. You see I think I like taunting those who lack an academic conscience (i.e. plagiarism). Would'nt you? Go figure!

Elysian: I do not think one should post topics either because one finds it interesting or because one thinks that others will find it intriguing. I post topics that are, forsooth, weighty and important. As such, I do not expect, and frankly do not desire that most members reply to my threads. I only expect the top 1% of posters to read and respond to my topics; that is the segment of SOL members who are my readership. Most members will, naturally, find my posts boring or unintelligible. This is just fine.

With Salaams

PK

Tuujiye   

Mutakalim sxb Elysian gabar yar waaye maxaa hadalo waa ween ugu isticmalee?

Sxboo dhibloow aa sii noqonoosaa..Ani wax kaste aa qortid waan aqrin lahaa hadaan fahmi karo yaaqee...Hadalo shub kasameysan aa soo tuurtaa...

waraa dhiinger, jil jileeca iska daa.. So what hadii la aqrin waayo waxa aad qortid? waa xanaaqaa kulahaa..mayee ismarji....ooyaaaye oooooyaayee!!lol..

wareer badanaa!!!

NGONGE   

I hardly start any “thought-provoking†topics of my own. Should I entertain the idea of starting one, I soon change my mind as it’ll either be an inadequate topic that will not contain ALL that I want to convey or it’ll receive hollow replies thus making a mockery of my pedantic efforts.

I’d rather comment on and reply to existing topics instead. It takes relatively less effort to do so and allows me the chance to give tiny glimpses of my disorganised thoughts here and there.

On the whole, it’s about passing the time (mostly at work). Post something interesting - serious or amusing really doesn’t matter - and I’ll reply to it in one way or another.

What I find annoying though is when I purchase a new item of clothing and prance about while wearing it, hoping that somebody will notice and compliment me on it or advice me to never wear it again! It’s distressing when the verdict on your fashion sense is utter and complete indifference.