Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Blame It On Camel Milk!

Cara.   

Nur,

Rahima told you to concede that you made a mistake? Then that's a bit heavy-handed of her, IMO.

Just a question in response to this:

Are we ready to sit in a hut in Kurtunwaarrey to suggest the ban of the practice there without being accused of being gaalo?

Would fear of such an accusation hold you back from condemning what you saw as wrong or immoral? Let's say Kurtunwaarey residents regularly sacrifice animals at the graves of Sheikhs; would you hesitate to frown on such practice for fear of being labelled a gaal?

Rahima   

Rahima told you to concede that you made a mistake? Then that's a bit heavy-handed of her, IMO.

We are all entitled to our opinions of course, but for someone such as Nur irrespective of whether or not the brother likes it; he has a greater responsibility in that he basically holds the beacon of Islam in this forum. One such as Nur cannot be so involved in the dacwa (which mind you is extremely appreciated) and yet at the same time be involved in the propagation or even possible calling for of something against Islam (e.g. FGM-even though it was just a theory).

Opinions can either be backed up or retracted as mistakes (i.e. they were based on misgivings or camel milk). Since there was no way on this God’s green earth that Nur could possibly back up that opinion with proofs from our diin, he in my opinion had no choice but to opt for the latter of the two options. To continue to try to justify that opinion, Nur would be causing more then just impacting negatively on his screen character (not that that matters much). He would sadly be impacting negatively on his e-nuri enterprise and therefore his e-dacwa efforts that many of us have benefited from over the years.

We all make mistakes including Nur. By admitting this mistake Nur has won over his ego and opted to save the e-dacwa. In my opinion it says a lot about a person that he/she is readily willing to admit their mistakes. Some amongst us seem to be scratching at every itch to see the negative instead of giving our brother the benefit of the doubt. I was just giving advice, not trying to ram it down his throat- I’m glad that Nur has taken it and for me the event never happened. Again we all make mistakes, it seems that some amongst us have forgotten that.

Baluug   

I can see that Brother Nur touched on some very serious topics such as female circumcision, abortion, etc. and ticked off a lot of people in the process by stating his opinions in the matter. But I don't see why he would have to apologize for stating those opinions. He is entitled to think whatever he wants just like the rest of us.

Brother Nur, there's no need to apologize, I respect you regardless of if I agree with you or not.

Baashi   

This thread and its posters alone says a lot of the screen characters behind the box. I mean look at us! Do u see a thinly vieled gloating over Nur's setbacks on the FGM topic. I see some folks who can barely conceal their gloating over e-Nuri's failure to quickly retract that opinion.

As Rahima said it takes a big man to publicly admit a mistake. Bravo Nur. This is the way to go bro. I expected nothing less from you.

To the folks who are still protesting after the fact and after Nur acknowledged his shortcomings in opining the way he opined on FGM issue, I say let it go plz.

Nephissa   

Kuli fitna waxa keenay markuu Nur bilaabay inuu Women's ka wonder gareeyo. Abti, meeshaan iskaga har. Unless you enjoy getting booed off stage (Apollo style.) But then again you have those booing the booers including myself. :D

Originally posted by Baashi:

To the folks who are still protesting after the fact and after Nur acknowledged his shortcomings in opining the way he opined on FGM issue, I say let it go plz.

Well it could be let go, but it won't necessarily be forgotten. I personally don't trust people who preach on Islam, and then hold some ignorant views - like cutting up female genitalia. It AFFECTS how I perceive that person for that point on.

Baashi   

To err is human. Remember that DA. Those who preach on Islam are human too and every now and then they will make mistakes. The ones that are humble and decent enough to correct, clarify, or retract their statements when they are wrong deserve our respect.

Respect is in order!

Tuujiye   

Baashe sxb i agree with D.A.... But as you said humans make mistakes.. the deen is a way of life and if you practice it you should practice the way of life it teaches.. Their is no were that the deen teaches cutting off female private parts!!!! is very weard to show that you are practicing islam and have a strong believe in a such act sxb. Aniga waan fahan sanahay in ee tahay personal believe laakiin diinta baa ka horeysa wax kaste sxb. Wax excuse loo sameen karo ma jirto.. Like DA said, waa la is cafiyaa oo lakala dhaqaaqaa laakiin la iloowo waxbana because waxaa loo isticmaalaa experience...aragaaneee!!!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Simply_I   

Loooool! This is strange.I have never seen anything like this.

I wonder if the people who are making the most noise now and aren't able to forget or forgive are the one's who actually admired the most e-Nur's work.And are reacting this way cause they feel most betrayed.

As the saying goes never love somthing or hate something too much cos someday you might feel the opposite.

let it go plz. [/qb]

Well it could be let go, but it won't necessarily be forgotten. I personally don't trust people who preach on Islam, and then hold some ignorant views - like cutting up female genitalia. It AFFECTS how I perceive that person for that point on. [/QB]

its ok if u dont wanna forget about it. thats is a personal matter! but i wanna know who says that preachers are entitlied to mix their views with the word of the koran! all i want from them is to lead the al muminiin to salat and to read the koran!

if u want to interpert the koran, plz be a scholar from jamacat al-azhar or the likes ( i am sunni all the way)! or dont preach!! as i understand, only an imaam can do this!! and to be that, u have to be an islam scholar period!!

its also very wrong to quote the koran unless u is an imaam! i see ppl doing around here willy nilly doing that!! how the heck do u do that!! its danbi!!

plz stop that! u cant...i repeat that! u cant use the koran like u use a mortals quotations!!

if this was my site, that will be the first thing that i ban!! koran is not something that u can use it as commerical or as a personal aspersions!

also, some ones apology deserves 2nd chanes!! other than that!.....u need to come up with the 411 and lets know whats the deal!! ....so long !!

Nur   

Quick responses

X-Quizit,

I welcome your thanks walaalo, I enjoyed your comment this time around, it was far better than last one I can remember, my highest respects and Cimaamah goes off for you.

Devils Advocate:

What kind of a devil are you? Consistency from your part would be appreciated, taking the side opposite to the crowd will make you live up to your screen name, unless you are for real.

Rudy;

A small step from my side indeed, but unlike my heart broken step toward Allah, the ladies arent running toward me in acceptance yet, but i am trying, pleasing Allah is far easier than pleasing mortals.

Callypso

What is right is absolute, it is solely based on Allah's words, when we dont have these words with us for clarification, we opt for opinions, and that is when we either get it right or fail, if our intention is good, we earn one credit from Allah when we are wrong, just for trying, we get two credits for getting it right, Kurtunwaarrey crowd like the women SOL crowd have their own version of what is right, again, regardless of this crowds views or Kurtunwaarreys crowds views, the truth remains with Allah and that is what both crowds should seek without attacking an opinion presenter for the opinion, because, if he was right, the idea dies with him, if he was wrong, he will look like the victim and may win sympathy of others for his wrong idea, thus indirectly supporting his views, therefore, some civility and good choice of words says a lot about a debator.

Mutakallim

Always a maestro of analyses, I personally enjoy the highly intellectual exegis, mind nourishing, although i find a great gap between the level of average nomad's appreciation of such literature and PKs deep mental inquiries, caano geel oo bacaad lagu lisay indeed.

Yes, bro, sentiments drive most of our actions and words as humans, mine was no different, its with the restraint of reason and guidance from Allah that we are saved, e- Nuri will be at the forefront in that regard, selflessly, inshallah, and you've got my word on it.

Rahima

Short of walking on all four with my tail beind my rear legs, I pretty much said all i can say walaalo, I thank you for your kind remarks, and Xusnul Niyah, please note that many Nomad men are following the way I am treated as an example of how they will be treated if they take the step forward to tie a knot and make a mistake, I am wary about some of the comments coming from some geel jirtoyaal ladies which may not be representative in the akhlaaq turf, the Prophet SAWS was reprted as saying:

The Best of people are those who are not easily angered but can easily be satisfied, the worst of people are those who are easily irritated but take too long to be satsified. That is a yardstick from the Model of Ettiquette ( Akhlaaq).

Allah says about men and women in marital disputes : " Wa laa tansawow al fadla baynakum" Do not forget the good (past mutual favorable deeds) between you" and the prophet warns women " La takfurna al Casheer"That you shouldnt write off all past goods recieved against a single bad event you suffered" indeed a balanced approach is wise when viewing issues.

Nur

Originally posted by Nur:

Devils Advocate:

What kind of a devil are you? Consistency from your part would be appreciated, taking the side opposite to the crowd will make you live up to your screen name, unless you are for real.

Why are you talking about my consistencies. I am always consistent in my views. How about you? why would you post a topic to say that you are pro-FGM, and then post another topic about EMPOWERING women. would you call that CONSISTENT?

Hon, don't get fixated on the name...it's a screen name, get over it.