Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Male-free Zone.

Faheema.   

deep level of trust, respect and most of all understanding.

That I don’t have problem with smile.gif but I wouldn't label it "Love".

when you can ACCEPT your husband/wife's short comings, applaud their effort and commitment to family life and happiness and have the PATIENCE to wait till they succeed in making you happy

That’s commitment and it can be attained from a close male friend, so again I wouldn't say its love.

Ibtisam   

^^Now they will say you are a lesbo :D

Faheema is confused- she believes and dreams of what Lily terms as Love- but she wants it to be renamed as commitment with a close male friend. Now I know why she has all those friends- makes sense- mid bey xanbaari icon_razz.gif:D:D *ducks

CL now now, leave them be.

Gosh this xalwa is so yummy. Carry on girls.

Juxa   

i say on behalf of everyone thinking and not daring to say to ibti and CL

kakac, why rain on our parade

not that lily needs alliance but you two really sound disbelievers, yet you not telling us why or when disney/white faras/prince charming lost its appeal?

well ibti come on- we all know that it’s a universally acknowledge that we women are far superior than men. Now waiting for a lesser being to show me the light is somewhat silly don’t you think….anyhow I’m offended by the idea of waiting/ ie as a woman your incomplete until a man comes into your life and saves her because….his the key to her happiness. BULSHIDH

Juxa- were not raining on your parade…were trying to save you from yourselves.

Now look into the light and emancipate yourself from this mental slavery.

:D

-Lily-   

Originally posted by cynical lady:

anyhow I’m offended by the idea of waiting/ ie as a woman your incomplete until a man comes into your life and saves her because….his the key to her happiness. BULSHIDH

Who said anything about being incomplete? If that's your take on things no wonder. As for the rest CL I would really be foolish to try to convince you.

Juxa not quiet my definition.

Juxa   

CL here you go, once again completely muddling matters

first of all, no one says a woman is incomplete until a man comes to her life, second no one is disputing the super-powers of us ladies, third i did not see or hear a dampsel in distress requiring to be saved.

the issue here, unless i am mistaken is is there such a thing as LOVE? love as defined in text books, a feeling, flutter, heart skipping a beat , butterflies in your tummy etc

lily thinks, there is LOVE.

I think love comes different forms and shapes. personally i never experienced all the book-defined love.

love carries different meanings to different people.

Ibtisam   

CL :D Loool @ sitting and waiting and waiting. :D:D

Juxa I already said I am not fuzzed about what people believe and follow in Love or Religion as long as you are happy with it, I will clap you on your way, help you pick out boxs of chocolate and kusband shirts and all that. :D CL is the one on the mission- I live and let live.

You implied by what you said Lily:

The cynics I’ve observed are mostly those who think they can protect themselves from getting hurt by rejecting the idea of love/love itself before it rejects them.

you will somehow loose out if you accept that love can exsist between two people?

I meant if you believed in love you might feel like loosing out by allowing yourself to be in that state of mind, thus you choose not to believe it, as in it wouldn't be beneficial to you etc.

The icing “Anyway, convincing you if anything is out there is guy's job after all and not mine...”

JUXA- I experience that all that time…especially when I smell my morning cup of coffee. Does that mean I’m in love with my coffee- romantic sort of a way…I’m sure I do btw.

Ibti- stop hiding behind my skirt….

p.s do you know something I don’t Juxa? Are you one of those who think…don’t tell me you think the one will come into my life transform my cynic ways and convert me to that…

-Lily-   

Stop twisting my words CL.

The icing “Anyway, convincing you if anything is out there is guy's job after all and not mine...”

If you are a heterosexual woman, it is natural to assume you may experience romantic love with a man, or do you think your girlfriends, coffee or chocolate will be a good substitute?

What does this have anything to do with being incomplete? Why can't a complete woman find a complete man and share a life as two complete human beings?

And that’s love?

Ok Lilly I getcha…..a complete woman who believe in love as sure as the sunset will one day find a complete man (how will she know? Well according to Juxa she will get a feeling… a feeling, flutter, heart skipping a beat, butterflies in your tummy etc) thus run off to the sunset and be in utter-completeness state of being together…..

P.S What has sexual orientation got to do with anything…are you saying one cant have a romantic love for a friend…more importantly what is romantic love? According to Juxa’s definition I can assure you one can experience all of that and more without a man.

Good substitute? Substitute for what? Romantic love?? Woman!!!!! Why downgrade them like that for?