Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Male-free Zone.

Ibtisam   

Some guy tried to convince me this the other day:

Love is an integral part of Islam, if I don't believe in Love, there is something wrong or dent in my Islamic foundation. :D Can you believe the cheek?

Lol@ Faheema- indeed. A big fat scam sustained and perpetuated by people like Juxa &Lily.

Ibti- your soo insensitive ( I thought your NY resolution was too be wee bit kinder?) the poor chap got his feeling wounded by you thus attacking your Islamic foundation…….nice time be kind to them when they declare their un-dying lofe for you.

Ibtisam   

^^^That resolution lasted for about 5mins. I don't believe in poor chap syndrome. That which does not kill them will only make them stronger so maah. I'm sure one day they will thank me :D

Faheema believes in measured love, she is a percentage lover. It is only love if it makes perfect sense like 2+2=4 and never 5 icon_razz.gif

-Lily-   

CL, no insults intended smile.gif . The cynics I’ve observed are mostly those who think they can protect themselves from getting hurt by rejecting the idea of love/love itself before it rejects them.

I think it's better to be dreamy and "naïve" than dismissive and cynical any day. You can be realistic and still believe in lasting romantic love between a man and a woman.

Ibtisam   

You love believers really need a new line, your assumptions of why people don't believe in love is out of this world, it is always:

- Oh it is because you've been hurt before (err NO, never ever not even in my dreams

- Your parents hate each other (not true)

- Domestic violence (No never)

- Other love related disasters ( No

- Low self esteem or believe that you are unlovable ( err no, not true

- Fear of rejection ( No, what is the worse that can happen)

Can you please discuss in your next meeting the reasonable reasons we rejection this notion rather than your fake piety diagnosis :D:D

*waves at Lily, how are u?

Faheema.   

^ :D I would add

- You're just heartless.

Measured love is perfect love thus it doesn't exist :D

Ps. I am patient enough to accept the "Love" aka the 'scam' and help the human race because I don't want to be selfish :Dicon_razz.gif

-Lily-   

Hello Faheema and Ibti.

Ibti, you mentioned the above reasons, not I :D . Those are all confused excuses.

Are you denying that there is still this idea that you will somehow loose out if you accept that love can exsist between two people?

Ibtisam   

^^^No, I have no such ideas at all. I cannot loose out- if it existed I would get my own- no need to get green eyed over someone else. BUT I don't believe it, at best there is tolerance, connivance and common ground for the time being.

Those are things people always try to shove down others throat to try and make sense out of something like believe. Why can't it just be that I don't believe it, same way I don't believe in aliens even though people swear they seen, eat and lived with them.

Faheema- now why would you say that- I have a heart, I just use it for useful things.

Faheema.   

LoL@Aliens. Actually the existence of extra-terrestrial life is way more plausible. For one they have gathered 'evidence' :D

I didn't say you are heartless, but that being one of the excuses.

Hey Lily smile.gif

-Lily-   

You misunderstood me, I meant if you believed in love you might feel like loosing out by allowing yourself to be in that state of mind, thus you choose not to believe it, as in it wouldn't be beneficial to you etc. Nothing to do with other ppl.

Things that are shoved down others throats also include trying to convince believers of the futility of believing in love icon_razz.gif

Anyway, convincing you if anything is out there is guy's job after all and not mine so I shall leave it at that...

Ibtisam   

^^Lily that makes no sense to ME. If I believed I would go out there and make another a believer so that I have evidence of my believe, and I would make sure that believe is beneficial to me!

I guess it would make sense if I believed- looked, failed and then decided I don't believe. But that is not the case- I always knew it was not so, even as an 8yr old.

I don't mind that you or anyone else believes- I think it is good for you and inshallah I hope and pray you find what you are looking for, but I object being treated like a freak because I don't share that ideal.

CL and Faheema are the extreme ones- :D CL does not believe and her role is to make sure no one else does and if they do she mocks them. I just think Oh lord I hope they find something they are happy with.

*Faheema don't be a freak now, but then again I often think people who keep seeing things are just talking about the Jinn and the Shidan. icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

CL, aqri what i wrote again, ibti came closest to understanding.

Ibti, i know deep down jacayl baa ku jarjaray oo aad la jiiftaa

for whats worth! if anyone lily genuinely believes there is such thing as love, based of course on deep level of trust, respect and most of all understanding.

i accept lily's beliefs.

just as i said before, the kind of love you lot keep referring to, does not last beyond malab-moon phase

when you can ACCEPT your husband/wife's short comings, applaud their effort and commitment to family life and happiness and have the PATIENCE to wait till they succeed in making you happy

now that is LOVE

Ibtisam   

^^If you accept Lily believes then you must also accept mine and CL and Faheema to a lesser extent- that one is a fast one.

Lily now that Juxa has broken it down, I conclude I don't believe in your kind of love for the simple reason that I don't trust anyone beyond a certain point of about 40-45%. I only trust myself and Allah. So no trust, means lots of respect and okish understanding- that I can live with and live without. :D

Juxa- sounds like boring and hard work- I don’t know if it is worth it. icon_razz.gif

Losing out to what, what benefits Lily? this is the problem with believers like you…..you imply that people who don’t believe in “that” are missing out on something, their life is a big wop denial of the obvious because we are fearful of what “being in that state of mind, will cost us”…come on…correction yes I do stand to lose a great deal should I believe in that nonsense….my common sense.

My dear I’ve always subscribe to the only fools fall/believe in love school of thoughts and believe me when I say this I’m no fool. (Not implying that you are…well yes for believing in that nonsense you have to be. But I don’t blame you; I blame Disney, all that prince charming on white horse nonsense has clearly done you in.

“Anyway, convincing you if anything is out there is guy's job after all and not mine so I shall leave it at that...”

Ohh Lily!!! I have to wait for a guy to prove/show me love exist? Ohh dear.

Ibti – painting me as a love crusader are you? And I don’t mock them….they deserve to be mocked. Waiting for a guy…..shocking!!!!!!!