Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Can Muslim Attend the funeral of non muslim?

nuune   

Originally posted by Juxa:

ma anigaad iila jeedaa :mad:

Nope :eek: (first time posting this face here in sol) ma xaadirtey chrismass parties baa ka horreeso, hadaadse xaadirtey ma promotion baad u tagtey, ma promotion baad u baahantahay adu horta

Sayid, call in sick! lool, to be fair its very difficult situation especially to any practising muslim (not part-timers)and I believe you should consult with learned ppl and then make up your mind.

Jeez, you really think God would hold it against you that you went to a non-Muslim's funeral? Use your own mind and reasoning that God has bestowed upon you, and stop looking towards others for guidance. What, you're afraid your soul is going to catch a disease or something?

If you're a Muslim you're a Muslim. Attending a funeral, or being in a church, or whatever, you're still going to be a good Muslim at the end of the day. I'm a Christian, I've been to mosques, I have a Somali/Arabic Qur'an, and I'm still a Christian. A religion isn't something that just falls off you like a hat in the wind.

I say, think about it really well, and then make up your mind, regardless of my personal opinion or the personal opinion of people on this forum. Me, personally, I believe I am a human being above anything else, and I will go to the funeral of someone who has been kind to me in life, no matter their religion or rituals. Kindness and decency, to me, trump religious denomination. Might not be the case for everyone.

P.S.: If you guys don't come to my funeral, I'll be pretty pissed I think smile.gif

Sensei   

Avoid the wake ceremony, avoid any ceremony that takes place in a church. Visiting the family of the deceased privately would probably serve the purpose.

a quick question, how well did you know this person ?

what should I do? Be a human and treat others as you would have others treat you, this is the common principle among all the worlds religion. If you fear Gods wrath for treating others kindly, wrap a fence around yourself and call it a day. as for going to a church, not only can you go, you can pray in there if you can find a mosque.

Tuujiye   

Ilaah aan idinku dhaarshay, sadex page oo quuq iyo qaaq maad nin reer bari ah oo wili sadex mar ilko dhacsaday su'aal uu idin weydiiye ka jawaabeysaan? loool

Sayid, adiga yaa ku dhahay gaalada saaxiib nimadooda badso? mise wuxuu mid aad Qardho rabtay in uu laami ka dhiso? lool

Sayid waxaan kuu qabay in aa tahay oday aan masaajidka ka bixin oo sujuudii kusawir matay oo cilmi iyo xigmad daraadiis bidaar gashay..ee laakiin waa maxay su'aashaan aad taqaantid jawaabteeda aad nala soo raadsaneysid?

Sayid, saaxiib you could go! is a soul saaxiib ilaahey abuurtiisa...

nuune, ninsaas u niikinaayo ayaad tahay oo wili istaaga dhibaayo markaas ayaad na leedahay chrismass party ma aadin..waraa adiga kan cali beestaanka iyo budhaha xitaa waa aadee aslong aas jees lagaaga daaraayo...

Ailamos gaal yahoo hadii aad diinta sidaas u taqaanid, maxaa kuu diiday in aad iska raacdid oo ilaahey ka cabsatid? mise waxa kili kaa fogeynaayo waa xaaraanta aad faraha kula jirtid dhaafideeda? war qalbigii baa ku madoobaaday saaxiib ee ilaahey xarigiisa iska qabso ha duloowinee....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Jacpher   

^Macalinka wacdi taagtaaganaa dhiibooysaa nooh. Kheylo iyo faro taag dad wax ma ku galaayo widaayoo. Wajiga furfur dhoolaha cadee markaasuu wacdiga soconaa.

Sayidka: islaan ayeydeey le'eg aan la shaqeyn jirayaa mukulaalee laheyd ka dhimatay, maba u tacsiyeen, xarashkii aduunkaa la ii qaaday.

Oz   

Why would I? Do i have to? Because he/she was a kaafir,athiest Sol'er? No thank you. I do not expect you on my grave either.

ailamos   

Originally posted by Tuujiye:

Ailamos gaal yahoo hadii aad diinta sidaas u taqaanid, maxaa kuu diiday in aad iska raacdid oo ilaahey ka cabsatid? mise waxa kili kaa fogeynaayo waa xaaraanta aad faraha kula jirtid dhaafideeda? war qalbigii baa ku madoobaaday saaxiib ee ilaahey xarigiisa iska qabso ha duloowinee....

diinteeyda aniga ii daa iyo faragilintaa iga daa, shaqadeeyda weeye maxaa kaa galay any way? You're a bit of an annoying evangelist yaa Tuujiye... as you can see I know Islam pretty well, but you're upset because I don't share your convictions so wareerka naga daa iyo mind your own business...

Ibtisam   

No idea if you got your answer but Sayid You cannot attend the funeral as you will be praying for whatever they believe in or participating in their funeral processions = misbelieve, so you cannot attend the service, however you can and should pay your respects to his family after the religious service and offer them help and what ever else.

P.s. I had a similar issue and that is what the shike said to me years ago. I told them honestly I cannot attend the service (hindu) but I will join them after, since they have restrictions in their own religion and cannot attend our services etc they were very understanding. Take them food and a bit of shopping after.

I have the evidence somewhere at home.

Khayr   

Just a quick a question for Sherbeen and the others,

• If your neighbor/coworker was a:

- known serial killer would you attend there funeral?

- a known pedophile would you attend there funeral?

- a known rapist, would you attend there funeral?

There is know obligation to enter their homes either. A khanees, a rapist, a pedophile, a munafaq etc., there is no obligation to enter their homes.

ailamos   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Just a quick a question for Sherbeen and the others,

• If your neighbor/coworker was a:

I don't think Sayid ever mentioned that his neighbor was a criminal, put a sock on your nonesense yaa Khayr What are you getting at?

If your neighbor/coworker was a:

You mean your next prison cell neighbor? How could one have criminals as coworker or neighbors unless you are sharing a cell with them in prison. Waryaa this is not how you spin things, try it again. :D

Juxa   

^^ smile.gif

a simple dont go would suffice, knowing sayid and how caajislow he is he probably wont go citing tiredness, work or other commitments

marka why isku daalineenaa

Khayr   

Ailamos,

The arguments are still the same. Some people's prespective is 'live and let live" and "we are all part of the human family". So if we are part of the human family and a pedophile or rapist was your neighbor and passed away, would you attend their funeral? How about a terrrrrorist? After all, they are all part of the Human Family and in each case, a potentional neighbor.

Please read carefully and analyze, thinking and draw out your arguments. Don't just twitter, this ain't that site.