Sign in to follow this  
Africanqueen

I want to Learn how to cook....

Oz   

Lol nuune & MSDD, gabadha already waa igu nikaxsateen, Cajib! :D She still dosen't know how to cook, will wait and see how she does after Ramadhan.

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by Africanqueen:

Sallamu Alaykum everybody.

After many guys discover I cannot cook, the way they talk to me evidently changes. They no longer want to continue the ''marriage conversation.

Fist welcome to SOL. sister I honestly don't think in only cunto ma sameen taqaani wiil kugu diidayo. It really doesn't make sense to me. So let me give you a little bit of free advice: If you find yourself with a man who wishes not to marry, and your wish is to be married, the easiest thing to do would be find another man, a man who loves you unconditionally, regardless of whether or not you can cook. Another thing sis: men are often slower to commit because they are very careful about getting to know a woman before they commit to her. Pressuring a Farah to make a decision before he feels he knows you will inevitably lead him to doubt, thus don't talk about marriage until he brings it up.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by nuune:

You come to da right place, I mean maxaa dhibkaa ku gelinaayo, aayar maa isbarmuunto iyo faankuulo isku walaaqatid

wlcme

LooL nuune gacan aan kutaagay walaahi. Soon enough, you will be talking in your own language. ...

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Africanqueen:

I want their mouth to saliva, when they hear me say ''dinner is ready''

OMG, this nearly killed me!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...

Ms. DD, Buuxo, Aaliyah, Ardo Askari, gabadha hala dhageysto habrayohoow 21st century qaladka ka fahmay... icon_razz.gif

I don't remember the last time, or heck even if I ever yelled 'dinner is ready' to my family...Walee wax badan wey sugi...Hadey iga heleen inaan wax ukariyo eyba qeyr leeyihiin, ma'inaan ugurey hadana iga sugi? Sheekoy ku nacay...

AfricanQ, bal welcome to SOL marka hore...Secondly, something you haven't learned for yourself, cooking, you certainly shouldn't try to learn it for the sake of a would-be-husband aadan faraba ku heyn...At this age, you should've learned to cook already, and have cooked for you family (hooyadaa iyo aabahaa iyo walaalahaa)... ;)

Waxaan xasuustay ninkii reer baadiyaha ahaa oo dhalada subaga heystay markuu yiri "dhaladaan subaga ah baan kadi, lacagta kasoo baxdo naag baan ku guursan, naagtaa cunug bey ii dhali, cunugaa dusgi baan geyn, haduu dugsiga diido ama uu kasoo bixi waayo *intuu baakoor uu heystay kor uu qaaday uu dhaladii ku dhuftay* sidaa baan baakoorta ula dhici"...Dhaladii jabtayee, naag intee laga keenaa... :D

UZTAAD   

cooking is essensial skill which is every body should learn specialy ladies because they have to cook for their kids and husband.

the art of cooking is very easy it just needs to go to chicken and try you will finaly master it.

even male person should learn how to cook not only femals

Paragon   

Africanqueen:

I believe the breakdown of Society stems from the breakdown of families. The problem the white people are having now, is that both parents work, thus nobody is at home to teach the kids right from wrong. The education systemn takes the responsibility of teaching the kids, what parents failed to do so.

When kids have nobody to look up to, the chances of them running to the streets looking for guidance is inevitable. So, Yes I understand where you're coming from, being at home can be very boring. But whats more important, your sense of fulfillment & wordly desires or your childs wellbeing and moral guidance. I choose the latter.

Thank you very much. Considering the things you've written (which were delightful to read) and the beautiful logic inherent in your reasoning, I think you have a good insight for the details of it and a vital grasp of the bigger picture all from the vantage-point of the family. That itself should be good enough to make you the perfect wife. Forget the cooking for now, as it is 'mix of ingredients at the right temprature'.

Better society needs better mothers and fathers.

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

AfricanQ, bal welcome to SOL marka hore...Secondly, something you haven't learned for yourself, cooking, you certainly shouldn't try to learn it for the sake of a would-be-husband aadan faraba ku heyn...At this age, you should've learned to cook already, and have cooked for you family (hooyadaa iyo aabahaa iyo walaalahaa)...
;)

Thanks for the Welcome sis.

To be honest, I'd be happy to live on cornflakes, some fruits, and the occasional take-away. I don't feel the pressure to learn to cook for myself. The primary reason I want to learn how to cook, is so I can cook for my family in the future inshallah. I don't see anything wrong with that, infact that is a self-less act, I applaud myself for that lol. Mashallah.

@ Ismahan - I wouldn't be upset if a guy didn't want to marry me because I couldn't cook. Infact, I'd be upset if he thought it was ok. If I was in his shoes, I'd give the girl a 3-6 months trial, and test the food at the end of it. If I was not satisfied with the outcome, then I would tell her to study more, and I'd re-consider in the future.

Many young people are getting divorced very quickly, many don't even see their first year anniversary. The reason being is, that many women see it as an inferior position to do as their man wishes. This is the result of too much hollywood in their life. They have been indoctrinated at school, and taught that a woman can do as a man. Traditional roles, are looked down upon, and when a girl says ''I want to do that'', she is looked at old fashioned. And sadly, we see girls saying ''The man should cook, why doesn't the man do this, it's no fair.'' SHUT UP. You are the woman, Lord created your hands small, so they can fit nicely into a digsi, it's common sense that the woman should be the one to cook, I mean genetics do not lie, and our hands are living proof of this.

I'm not here to argue about whether a woman should be the only one to cook. This isn't a civil rights debate. Please, lets not digress, if you have anymore tips to add about what food you like, I'd be very happy to read.

Thank you very much, and I hope everybody enjoys their afur. Sallam. smile.gif

Cara.   

It seems like a few of the SOL guys are already salivating for all the wrong reasons :D

AfricanQueen, soo dhawoow. Are you familiar with one of the longest threads in the forum? I get the feeling you'll feel right at home.

AfricanQ, I love Indian food as well. Are you sure you can't cook or you've never just tried? There are a lot of recipes online and also cooking books in bookstores.

I'm also relatively young myself, but found that a little bit of research goes a long way. I know females are supposed to be rescued etc but we're not completely helpless, c'mon smile.gif

Good luck in the kitchen & remember to post photos of your delicious dishes in this thread, iA!