Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

On a serio note I miss home

SeeKer   

Sowwie guys I feel homesick so excuse me while I lament in swahili for a sec.

As in for days sijabonga kiswahili na hata I am out of touch na sheng. Naona kuna waswahili hapa lakini hamna mtu anasema mengi.......Sitaki kusahau kiswahili na ninadhani siku moja nitaamka asubuhi moja na sitajua maana ya tabasamu jemeni :mad:

How do you guys keep your swa from disappearing? Mimi ni mimi na nitabaki mimi, nyinyi ni nyinyi mnavyo sakata viuno :eek:

hodman   

ur actually doing pretty well in sheng usiwe na wasiwasi.Sidhani kuwa utasahau kuzungumza kiswahili virahisi.How I keep it polished...nikituma simu nyumbani Nairobi I try kuizungumza na dada yangu to keep it "fresh", I also have a few of my school friends around that I talk to once in a while.I really miss Nairobi too and all the crazy mixing af three different languages in one sentence that only makes sense to Nairobians in general. :D

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

Hah what a joke!!, and I thought when I was entering this post, I will see reasons why you missed home. instead I have met with foreign language and someone who is actually saying they missed home; Nairobi, Kenya. Have you guys ever heard a place called Somalia few miles from Nairobi? Doesn't your identity give you any hint on where you should really call home.

Salamu Calaykum.

SeeKer   

Istartiibi walaal..............First off foreign language or not, Its shameful that you start off your outburst with the greetings off God when all you end up doing is betray your impulse to judge.

Home is where the heart is. I don't recall anyone saying anything about Somalia is not home so bood boodka iska dhaaf. Breathe in and out. Yaab anaga haarte aduunka, subxanallah.

PS:- Since u claim u from mpls u do know ur name is also a name of a bar frequented by somalis in cedar yah!

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

first of all sis/bro, I do actually recall you say or was it the other guy that said I missed Nairobi and I didn't hear you say anything about Somalia. I was wondering since you were talking about home sickness, you would start with Somalia, if niether of you didn't say such thing, then manaa waalan mise Cadan ayaa laga heesayaa?

secondly, for your information, I do live in Minneapolis.So when I was signing up for this forum, I was asked where are you coming from? my answer was to tell the truth; Minneapolis. If I knew that we could have picked our actual homeland, I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

Moreover, the greetings of Islam is what every muslim needs to do when they are coming in and out in every situation . I don't really get where you are accusing me from. I don't think I have done harram deed, have I? For your information I prefer the term Allah not God. Although the same, they carry and send different messages to the mind of the people. The meaning of Salamu Calaykum is actually may peace be upon you; isn't that good thing? I even gave you little ducaa and you are complaining about it, aduunkan iyo yaabkan bal eega.

In addition, you said there is Red Sea restaurant on Cedar Ave. in Minneapolis;true but that is not where I got it. I got the waters that connect Northern Somalia to the rest of the world starting from Bassaso to Baraba and so on. Hint sis/bro, I am from there, understood.

Finally I have question for you, where are you from;Ethiopia? the disgracefull land.

once again Salamu Calaykum.

hodman   

Red sea to say you r TRIPPIN' is to put it mildly.Have you stopped to think that home is where the heart is or better still where you identify with and where your background and family are?It doesn't surprise me that somalia failed as a country with judgemental people like you in the population.Being from Kenya or Ethiopia or Djibouti does NOT make me any less a somali and you being from RED SEA area that you are telling us to understand in that school teacher tone

Bassaso to Baraba and so on. Hint sis/bro, I am from there, understood.

does not make you any more of a somali.

p.s it's Berbera

maadaama aad leedahay waan ka imid qoraalkeedana iska sax.Little advice...CHILL OUT!!!!!

Nephissa   

What's the problem here? You burnt the canjeero this morning? Lots of leftovers too I would imagine.

Someone find me my cane, or my newspaper to slap this Red Sea with.

SeeKer   

Nous sommes des nomades et nous habitons partout dans le monde. Nous parlons des les restes pourtant calmes vrais à langues à différentes l'un. Se remettre de votre fierté. :D:D I apologize if I screwed up my french needs a WD-40 at times.

**Lays back as she watches someone play with a string and ends up choking themselves**

Tahliil   

How I despise that lame and crippled statement: "home is where da heart is..." is it? Really? Ok, well, here is an example about hearts mine of course and believing in it and following it into every dark alley and dead-end, my heart which has called home and fallen in love with London and NY and Dubai and Durban and sunsets and Sudbury and Mona and Layla and Yusuf’s sister and Sanca and waterfalls and towers and books and now Jakarta betrayed me billion times over and over...Home is where the heart is they tell me..what a foolish sayin… trust me to look for a guidance, a safety, an identity in a heart that flip-flops, retreats and rearranges and backs up and pushes on and hesistates so million times on so different things in every single sec is downright carelessness…home, (listen to the guru talk here),is where your folks are from? Better? right? No? yeah?

Simply_I   

Hey relax girlfriends!!

When i read the title of the topic i thought the same too.

So were you lot born in kenya, ethiopia etc..?

Have you ever been to somalia?

If you were to build your future house where would it be?

I would think somalia/somaliland, or not?

To be honest i dont consider djibouti as somalia, cos according to the international map they are two separate countries.My djibouti friends agree, whenever i describe someone to them they often ask is she/he djiboutian or somali?

Seeker: i understand why home for you is djibouti if thats where you come from.

But do not for kenyati-somali and ethiopian-somali ppl or whatever other combination of somali.

Baashi   

Originally posted by Tahliil:

How I despise that lame and crippled statement:
"home is where da heart is..."
is it? Really? Ok, well, here is an example about hearts mine of course and believing in it and following it into every dark alley and dead-end, my heart which has called home and fallen in love with London and NY and Dubai and Durban and sunsets and Sudbury and Mona and Layla and Yusuf’s sister and Sanca and waterfalls and towers and books and now Jakarta betrayed me billion times over and over...Home is where the heart is they tell me..what a foolish sayin… trust me to look for a guidance, a safety, an identity in a heart that flip-flops, retreats and rearranges and backs up and pushes on and hesistates so million times on so different things in every single sec is downright carelessness…home,
(listen to the guru talk here)
,is where your folks are from? Better? right? No? yeah?

^ :D

On the money...Tahlil is right on wallahi. I agree with this guru.

Red sea is not the only problem I see here, hodman you too made funny assertions.

Red see, things are not the way you put, Somali is an I identity as in Nationality or you could as a race, having said that I could be from Gariza, Godey or djibouti and still remain to be pure Somali, get that through your heard, is not necessary to be part of former Somali republic teritorry.

Ethiopia? the disgracefull land.

why do you say that, they are the enemy is understandable but well over 60 percent of the population are Muslims, generalizing isn't the best you can do, is it.

it's Berbera

maadaama aad leedahay waan ka imid qoraalkeedana iska sax.

What makes Berbera writing so unique, perhaps you can clarify.

Seeker I see, Swahili is getting us excited, the feeling is mutual dude.

Sasa Kijana Niambie, Umasahau kusema asubihi njema sio, tupo hapa ukitaka kuzungumza kiswahili tutaelewana, natarejea vijana wengi wabo hapa SOL wanasubiri mtu amuanzie na baadae utawaona wamekujatu.

Nakutarajea kila laheri.

For the homesick part, I don't know where to call home, I guess Im suffering from that term 'lost identity', I have lived almost 10 different countries and yet still young I consder myself - In this situation where should call home, my birth place, where I took my early stages of primary education, or where I first met my sweartheart, or may be in the society where I felt like able man and experienced it and treated like one, or/and etc the list goes on.

Mentally disabled on this one, In some cases such people are called 1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation, do you call yourself 0(zero) generation like me. lol

I live like a king in state of emergency.

Expect anything.

Lol, topic moved from missing home to Identity issues :confused: Red sea, if a persons genetic make up is Somali thats enough for me. Somalia doesnt have to be home.

Seeker,

Pole sana kijana, umetamani nyumbani sana naona. Tuna kacorner chetu kwenye jokes section ndo huko malumbano hutokea. Nimefurahi kuona sasa tuna kathread kipya cha kutuma salamu *remember the radio programes,," Natuma salamu kwa mama, na baba na rafiki wangu wa shule katoyi..." :D

Kiswahili ukikimiss sana, ingia kwenye chat za kiswa(ata Paltalk wana room for swa speakers search using either sijui or swahili. Majority kenyans wantwanga sheng) au sikiliza radio via the net.