Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

On a serio note I miss home

hodman   

Red Sea leave us alone :mad: .Nairobi is home and so is your precious Somalia too.Am not sure I understood your logic when you linked Aids to unpaved streets?? :confused: Like any country in the world with the most paved streets lacks people with Aids?

Huyu kijana akona ISSUES!!

SOO MAAL   

^ I thought home was Somaliland for you. No?

Castro, you going too far,

no more somalinimo, no?

I believe somaliland is part of somalia,

anyways, any somali territory should a home for a somali person, unless we suffering from tribalism sickness!

Baluug   

Since we got people speaking swahili in here, does anyone in here know af-Baraawe? I've never heard it but I heard that it is like swahili.

STOIC   

Liibaan, my local "Barawani" Halal guy speaks some swahili mixed with his native language.We do somehow manage to get our messages across without any problem.They speak alittle faster than a normal Swahili speaking person.

PS Is it politically correct to call these people "Barawani"? I Am curious!

PPS Happy thanksgiving Y'all, don't forget to hit the "American China shop"(due to advertising right on the site i did not mention the store name) on Friday after thanksgiving sale.I am willing to line up there and cap me an ipod :D .

Stoic, back home it was politically correct to call them >Wa Barawa, they used to address themselves as Barawas or Mbarawa(swahili). The Barawas we have in Tz , have lost their mothertongue, they speak proper Zanzibari Swahili. And were considered Arabs and not Somalis. The wife of Salim Ahmed Salim, former OAU leader for an example is a Barawa.

STOIC   

Warrior, sikutaka kwaita wenzetu wasicho kipenda.Wengi wao wanaishi na wasomali.Mimi binafsi sijawahi kuishii mkao mmoja na wao lakini jinsi nilivyo elezwa ni kwamba wanakiasili wa kiarabu pia.

Naam, kaka hapa jaharibika neno, ulioyasema yote ni kweli.Mie nilikuwa ninakutaarifu tuu mie niyajuayo.

Naam, wanayo damu ya kiaarabu lakini makazi yao ni Somalia. Siku pata bahati kuuwauliza kuhusu asilia yao hasas ni kutoka wapi, lakini sitashangaa damu yao ilichanganyika na ya kiOmani. Kwani waOmani walipokuwa wanakuja Zanzibar walikuwa wakitia nanga(anchor>Im forgetting my vocab took me ages to remember that word :( ) kwenye maji ya Somalia na pia ardhi ya sahil(Ulingo wa bahari? coast) ya kutoka mozambique mpaka somalia ilikuwa chini ya Mulki yao.

Samafal   

For some one who they called him "Mlendo", I think its alright for them to call Kenya and Tanzania or that matter their home. Believe me you, these generation of somalis have so many things in commom with the natives that they live in than with the next somali Mlendo. I lost a count how many times my cousins who were born and bread in TZ bursted with the comments like " Nyiyi wasomali umeharibu nyumpani kwenu unataka kuharibu kwetu" Translation: "you Somalis you messed up your country and you want to mess up ours".

After living there for quite some time I dont blame them, that's all they knew. I myself fell in love with the place and call it my second home.

Originally posted by Red sea:

Salamu Calaykum,

Hah what a joke!!, and I thought when I was entering this post, I will see reasons why you missed home. instead I have met with foreign language and someone who is actually saying they missed home; Nairobi, Kenya. Have you guys ever heard a place called Somalia few miles from Nairobi? Doesn't your identity give you any hint on where you should really call home.

Salamu Calaykum.

You are absolutely right man. Anyone who was born outside there 'ancestrol' home cannot and shall not call anywhere else "home". Matter of fact,not only can they not call it home,they shall not speak the language they are fluent in.

Excuse me while I go and lecture Shaq' about why the hell he insists on speaking English and not Igbo[Pigeon],Give him a tongue lashing on why he missed his second cousins' mass circumsition ceremony for the 34th yr in a row.

Remind Me to have a Man-O-Mano with Taye Diggs & ask him why the hell is making movies in English & not senegalese or Togolese.

Ow ow Ow, I will also like to send an email to Leonardo Decaprio and ask him to speak italiano & never to call L.A home ever again.

Any of you like to lecture anyone who misses home? Please do so.

Pucca   

:rolleyes: its one of those "seriously twisted" topics...

starts out really nice...and takes only one post to twist it.

cajiib.

home is where the heart is

Canada; my home, my heart!! smile.gif *waves the canadian flag*

BOB   

Hujamiss nyumbani...Sema ume miss chakula za nyumbani kama hizi. :D

Biryani

Pilau

Fiazi Na Kuku

Fiazi na samaki

Mushikaki

Sambua

Bokuboku