Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

On a serio note I miss home

Gabbal   

Nous sommes des nomades et nous habitons partout dans le monde.

Comment vrai ! En effet nous sommes des nomades et resterons comme ça.

Tahlil-

Home is where your folks are iga dheh. Ninyahow runta kama fogid.

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Simply_I:

Seeker: i understand why home for you is djibouti if thats where you come from.But do not for kenyati-somali and ethiopian-somali ppl or whatever other combination of somali.

:D:D:D No comment. If this was football I would be seeing yellow handkerchiefs all over this thread.

People lack reading skills. This thread was for me to address my homesickness. If you can't erm deal with where my home (Unknown) is I would recommend you find out what the swahili translation of the words I wrote meant. Seriously ISSUES people. Somalia is our motherland no matter where we are born but I also was brought up and have fond memories of other places in my life. I am entitled to sometimes take a stroll down memory lane and I think with all due respect, I can call it anything I please :D

Waswahili, Jemeni hata kusema kitu hapa ni shida. Masalale tumeregea kwa ukoloni ama :eek:

Seriously y'all need to breath thru those nationalism pains :cool:

Simply_I   

Folks,

No country in the world is better, then your own country.

You may see Kenya your home, imagine if you have a dispute with a native kenyan inside a government building or on the street. The police and witnesses of that country will most likely point their fingers at YOU, "the somali ruining the system of their country, causing trouble".

I thought you people after living in a foreign country for some time would have an idea of what discrimination is about.

Simply I,

And you forget to acknowledge that somalis are part of the history and integrety of that country mentioned. Kenya has a whole province full of somalis, they are kenyan nationals with equal rights as the african, indian, arab, european kenyan.This is also true for Tanzania for generations we have called those places "Home". And we arent discriminated, the ones who are , "are the foreign somalis" who cant speak the native language nor understand the native culture. We have learnt to accept and tolerate each other,these countries have been our home before the disintegration of Somalia.

Simply_I   

Seeker sorry i hadn't noticed you started the topic.

J'ai vu que tu as ecrit on francais et je pensais que tu viens de djibouti.

Originally posted by Warrior of Light:

And you forget to acknowledge that somalis are part of the history and integrety of that country mentioned.We have learnt to accept and tolerate each other,these countries have been our home before the disintegration of Somalia.

Really? i had no idea, the existence of kenyati somali ppl is new to me.interesting!

Simply_I   

Originally posted by SeeKer:

If this Somalia is our motherland no matter where we are born but I also was brought up and have fond memories of other places in my life.

[/QB]

I totally agree with that statement.

^^ Indeed. As early as the 1950's Somalis have left the motherland(Somalia) and moved down to the greener pastures of East Africa with the dream Inshallah one day they will move back. A few did but they made sure they kept contact with their family back in Somalia. In my case my great grandfather's brothers remained in Somalia. Heared through the pipelines they still reside there.

SeeKer   

Simply I,

Ne pas supposer mon amie.

Horn,

remercier Dieu une personne saine d'esprit

Yalla let peace and calm be restored ;)

RedSea   

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

My sister Seeker, you kind of jumped and so does everyone else about this topic so far. At first, I responded because I wanted to check out what you were talking about and how you missed home. When I open the thread I found a language that I couldn't understand at all and I am sure I didn't see the name of Somalia in there, it was just bala bala bala and not a single word that even resembles Somali could be seen in there. However my point is if you said that you were from Kenya or Djibouti and you missed home then I could see why but you specify neither of those. You just want out and spoke af Jinni.

Then another fellow nomad responded by saying he missed Nairobi, hint: the topic is about home sickness, so I thought what is this Somali guy who is saying that he misses Nairobi and calling foreign country home. So that is then when I went bannanas.

First of all some of you, although I don't want to point fingures said that there are whole regions occupy IN Kenya and in Ethiopia and counted those regions as part of Kenya and Ethiopia. Forexample, the so called NFD has actually nothing to do with Kenya. The English unrightfully gave away our land to Kenyans and large portion of Western Somalia to Ethiopians as reserve area. If these places are the places you are making part of other countries and calling anyone who lives there to be Ethiopians or Kenyans, then I don't except it one bit for both of those regions were wrongly taken away from Somalis just to weaken us. So please brothers and sisters don't you dare ever and call this places part of Kenya or Ethiopia but part of our land;somalia. The soil and the people are proof of that. Both of these regions have nothing in common with Ethiopia and Kenya.In order to be true Somali you need to one blood, one culture, one religion and also one single nation.

Salamu Calaykum.

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Red sea:

When I open the thread I found a language that I couldn't understand at all
really?
............ You just want out and spoke af Jinni
any language other than somali gets termed aff jiini
:eek: ................ So that is then when I went bannanas.
there you have it folks!
:D

As you can see the ocean is calm and the tide drifted backwards. Why are you still struggling to paddle in ankle deep waters? Get over it and stop breathing heavily whenever someone mentions a land other than Somalia sxb. No one is refuting the "Somalinimo" so why do you persist in regurgitating?

Nagaa Dhaaf diibka ya Illahi. Go to sleep easy knowing you "turned" a Djiboutian (hehehehe) and a Kenyan back to their roots :rolleyes:

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by Red sea:

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

My sister Seeker, you kind of jumped and so does everyone else about this topic so far. At first, I responded because I wanted to check out what you were talking about and how you missed home. When I open the thread I found a language that I couldn't understand at all and I am sure I didn't see the name of Somalia in there, it was just bala bala bala and not a single word that even resembles Somali could be seen in there. However my point is if you said that you were from Kenya or Djibouti and you missed home then I could see why but you specify neither of those. You just want out and spoke af Jinni.

Then another fellow nomad responded by saying he missed Nairobi, hint: the topic is about home sickness, so I thought what is this Somali guy who is saying that he misses Nairobi and calling foreign country home. So that is then when I went bannanas.

First of all some of you, although I don't want to point fingures said that there are whole regions occupy IN Kenya and in Ethiopia and counted those regions as part of Kenya and Ethiopia. Forexample, the so called NFD has actually nothing to do with Kenya. The English unrightfully gave away our land to Kenyans and large portion of Western Somalia to Ethiopians as reserve area. If these places are the places you are making part of other countries and calling anyone who lives there to be Ethiopians or Kenyans, then I don't except it one bit for both of those regions were wrongly taken away from Somalis just to weaken us. So please brothers and sisters don't you dare ever and call this places part of Kenya or Ethiopia but part of our land;somalia. The soil and the people are proof of that. Both of these regions have nothing in common with Ethiopia and Kenya.
In order to be true Somali you need to one blood, one culture, one religion and also one single nation.

Salamu Calaykum.

well said

Red sea, as allways again you showed your true somalinimo and wadanimo, the english caused all conflicts in the world somalia-ethopia, somalia-kenya, Iraq-iran, Isreal-palestine, india-pakistan.......

raula   

Acuudu billahi mina sheydani rajeem. Bismilaahi Raxmani Raxiim.

Salaamz All,

Its not that I dont start everything with Allah's name but in particular this thread kind got me a bit tensious from some of the SLANTED REPLIES by almost everyone except the 2 swahili posters, W of L, Bishaaro and HORN...as for others...you are were all carried away by RED SEA's PUKE :rolleyes: Sis/bro..wat are you ranting about..if you saw a lingo to didnt comprehend..why not just ignore it...Ya Raabi Tacala...u continued....calling us KENYATIS...af jini...etc....its uncalled for.

AND TAHLIIL....stick to wat you know and wat you are best at....if one needs to call SOMALIA, NIGERIA, MEXICO, CUBA etc home...let them be...why try to persuade them to stick to where their 'folks' are from....HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS...and if that means NEW GUINEA so be it :rolleyes:

PS: why not rant your "LOST IN THOUGHT" in somalis who speak CHINESE?

BIshaaro....u are nuts galfriend.

Now for the seeker and HODman...(let me lament to my AF-JINNI now :rolleyes: )....alxamdulilah u guys didn't resort to badmouthing or retaliating after RED SEA's derision. Sasa wasema umesahau swa na unabonga kama umetoka jana..afadhali we, mie sheng yangu ni ya qarne iliyopita. Yaani nimetupa mbao wasee wakianza kubonga sheng. Pia mimi nimemiss home kweli..kiswa changu kilikuwa ya LIFT VARREY...ilikuwa imeregea mbeleni na saa hii its "QATARI BIN DANGER"...

ok basi Seeker na Hodman kunyweni ENO..and flush wasemavyo hawa walendo. N'ways si mshasikia..ile nyimbo..wacha wacha waseme..watasema hao watalala..Ngai fafa..karibu nikule nimeze HEDEX ;)

***somalinimo kulaha..xagee..bal marka hore..intaan uqdaada iska 'tunno'..ayaan somalinimo ka haadleyna***

qoom qaranimo quureynin

maa qeyr baa laga suuga.

Kila la heri nyote..

Ma'salaama

RAULA.

raula   

Nimesahau kuwambia kuwa kwa sec ya Jokes kuna thread moja inaitwa Shida ya Matatu furaha ya Mabaya..nafikiri mtaburudika sana na vitimbi vya kinyumbani na zote zivaazo, kizanzi, pwani, bongo na mengine mengi.

PS: msiudhike na mawazo ya watu wengine hapa. Consider it a perception ...nothing less nothing more..

Kwaherini.

STOIC   

^^^ Moto hauzui moto ,tuwaache walivyo.Tukumbuke kwamba Mdharau biu, hubiuka yeye....(when you ridicule a crippled person you will became a cripple yourself :D ).