Sign in to follow this  
umu zakaria

Are u a husband?

Chimera   

Somali women be honest with yourselves you do not want to marry a Somali man who's skilled in the art of romance - one that gives the Italians and French a run for their money..trust me i know compatriots close to me who have mastered it, the way Sun Tzu mastered the art of war

they are perceived as ''exotic''(weird huh? i know) and take full advantage of this. No my Somali sisters you do not want to push your gullible and clumpsy farax of today into a direction he won't be able to return from, cause my friends are gone. No my Somali sisters you do not want to sit at home all alone wondering where your precious farax went to

oh bring back the days of the traditional yet reliable farax is what you will say

oh why was i forsaken to be given a seat next to the lonely Madame moiselle's and Mama mia's is what you will cry

muahaha.... :D

No but serious, i think Somali men need to process todays diasporic reality; the Somali woman of the west in most cases has been absorbing images of her environment since childhood and these include non traditional western romantic stuff therefore these represent her view of Romance and love so if you want to make her happy than compromise and communicate sxb

btw I'm always suspicious of female members(on other forums) that start topics criticizing Somali men, most of the time these young sisters have Prison break avatars on their profiles and seem to have a crush on one of those tv-characters combined by a major delusional grandeur(i'm gonna marry him,i'm gonna be a star yada yada) when reality kicks in or is put forth by individuals like me this sometimes results in them waging a passionate agressional war on their innocent Somali brothers

but it's just a rush and they eventually return to earth and emulate their proud mothers I.A

Somali women..Oy vey

Dhulqarnayn, of all pple i didnt expect this from you ccording to ur name.

Romance is not devined by what we see on TV today rather it is been there since adam iyo xaawo.

We have to admit that most of somali menn take their wives 4 granted, trust me mine is one of the rare good ones but Iam sorrounded by them start with my own father!

Red Sea bro I dont get why u should stress on the wives discussing issues with their husband rather than expressing it with their female freinds haduusan kan qaba aaqibo lahayn maxayba wax kala hadashaa n dont u know that most of females r expressive, we dont hold emotions back like menn.

Chimera   

Sorry sister i don't know what your expectations were of me or how they relate to my name but i reject weasel terms like ''most'' or ''alot'' or ''many'' if there not accompanied by statistics, also i'm interested in what your definition of ''romance'' is.

btw i'm happy for you and your husband insha-allah may it continue this way.

Hunguri   

There is a big mix up here. What is Romance? To my little "Faarax Dictionary. Romance is about responsibility. Once a man proofs that he is enough responsible, I am sure 80% of his family well beign is achieved. Bringing Ubax or kissing a wife in a gathering where the whole affinity kins and in laws pressent is just rubish and nonsense. And, that is what young girls accusse of men lately smile.gif . A man should not neglect his family and waste all his time at makhaayad. Its wrong and I agree. A husband should pay caring attantion to his wife and children and gives the first priority to them, yeah right and I agree. Laakiin habloow waxakan aad a wareegaysaan ee ubaxan iyo dhunkashadan caantaynka ah waxaasi wax dadka meel gaadhsiin kara maaha :D Billaah calaykum nagadaaya ;) . TV-gan iyo Opera Show ceeb ayuu keenay waar bal islamaha ka xidha :D Anigu hadda tayda waaka ilaashaa waayo dee barrito ayay ku odhanaysaa ( Xaaji waxba ma haysid si fiican iima dhunkatid ). Fadeexad waynaa :D:D:D

KK,It is too hard to believe your schedule, but if true, malaha waad sixirtay!

There is no "ifs" or "buts" when it comes to KK. It might be too hard for you to believe, a stranger, but not for the rest of us who know her. It is what it is, don't start hating, get yourself a spouse first, then lets see how you're going to interact with them.

It is not romantic if you have to ask for it...no matter how subtle you are.

How can someone ask for their spouse to be more romantic? Then when he/she does turn romantic...wouldn't you think 'is this from him or from my asking'. It's not sincere or real.

Being romantic doesn't have to be about words or flowers and jewelry but actions. On a cold winter day...if he gets up before you and cleans the snow off your car so that you don't have to do it...ROMANTIC!

If you're eying the last piece of chocolate cake (his) and he gives it to you insisting that he wasn't hungry anyway...*swoon* very romantic :D

Anywho...people respond to how you treat them...and I know some Somali women (not the younger ones) who aren't romantic at all and expect that from their man. The only person you can change is yourself...and if you become more romantic and sweet...I cannot imagine him not responding in kind unless he's a total pig...and then it's your fault for marrying him.

Val: Kinky? Yikes. Run for the hills girl...and don't turn back.

Why do we always ask "Define romance" oh what is on TV is not romance...blah blah blah"?

Whatever your wife or husband deems to be romantic is gaaddamn romantic even if she wants little whip here and there that is romantic! if the farax beleives you bringing his weeso as romantic that is romantic....everyone sees romance in different light!

Cheers

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

quote:KK,It is too hard to believe your schedule, but if true, malaha waad sixirtay!

There is no "ifs" or "buts" when it comes to KK. It might be too hard for you to believe, a stranger, but not for the rest of us who know her. It is what it is, don't start hating, get yourself a spouse first, then lets see how you're going to interact with them.
LZG, thank you...Sixir ku yeh, acuudubilaahi minasheydaani rajiim...

DABSHID. Maxey tahay waxaad ku hadleyso nin weyn aanba kuu maleeyee... :mad: Bisinka, balaayo wax a sixirto...I don't need sixir, to make my marriage work...If you believe that I am at more advantage than the hubby, that's too damn bad, cuz he certainly does NOT see it that way...Ha igu qasbin inaan dab kuugu shido... redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif

Khalaf   

^^^LOOL Kool....ukhti dats just somali culture talk....i have uncle whose good to his wife, Guess what his name is? ina heblaayo :D

Originally posted by Muj: Red Sea:

Dahia Kahin,

You are wonderful sister. What a gabadh soomaliyeed you are. Keep it up. i agree with you on your points. [/QB]

I co-sign that Red....she is amazing mashallah.

Nephissa   

L0L@ina heblaayo. In this day and age, I think it's fine for the man to do housework. It's just another thing that's been past down from generation to generation with the woman doing the cooking and cleaning and the man all the talking.

L000L@Hunguri. Wallee inaa Qawdhan tahay. :D

War kiss her till she hears music and her knees bent backwards.

xalimoo iyoo waji brinimo hala isku daafo.. luuf and rumance kula! thats the stuff that was introduced with Cinderalla stories books by hall mark and other companies to strip u of your money.

maaxa ideen diidey... dhiintiina iyo daqankeen! or u ladies wanna run around next like Britney spear with no pantys!! believe thats haruumar.. probably so.

walee qashinka la idiin ku dhaadin!

Malika   

Originally posted by Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale:

btw I'm always suspicious of female members(on other forums) that start topics criticizing Somali men,

Lool,fulaay! [On other forums] kulaha!! :D:D

Ibtisam   

Whatever your wife or husband deems to be romantic is gaaddamn romantic even if she wants little whip here and there that is romantic! if
the farax beleives you bringing his weeso
as romantic that is romantic....everyone sees romance in different light!

:D lool, haha