Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Bad grammar and bad spelling

Boys, dont change the subject. Tell me why your kind is so lacking in the manners of writing? icon_razz.gif

Actually, do one better - spread the word that bad writing skills is a definite interest killer!

Kool_Kat   

Is this topic really about 'grammar and spelling' or just letting us know how many hits one gets on FB or those Tuujiye rubs the wrong way? :confused:

As Nuune said, as long as the message is understood by the receiver that is all there is to it... :D

Gediid   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Actually, do one better - spread the word that bad writing skills is a definite interest killer!

:confused:

MZanzi   

A majority of the Nomads don’t spell check or grammar check their posts. Why? Because they think it doesn’t matter. A typo here and a grammatical error there doesn’t really matter much. Or does it?

PS:Serenity...Be honest and answer this question: Do you care how properly formed and (spelling, grammatical or otherwise) error free your posts are? Most probably your answer will be a no.

:D Guilty iyo nus

I only worry about punctuation if it is an Academic or professional paper otherwise as long as the message is conveyed ........ but i draw the line at spelling !

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

[QB] Is this topic really about 'grammar and spelling' or just letting us know how many hits one gets on FB or those Tuujiye rubs the wrong way?

KK, that would be really sad, wouldnt it? To come here and brag about something like that.

Gediid, why do you look confused?

People, I'm not talking about specific people here. I just generally find inamada to be severely lacking in the art of writing - even when they can. They are just careless and carefree with it - and although the situation might be 'informal' or 'friendly', its just a reflection of someone's attitude... and if you're me (quite the perfectionist ;) @KK), you'll find it annoying/frustrating to be around careless people who cant even write a few sentences without making a mistake.

^^Keeping the spirit of your thread, Serenity, you made few mistakes right here in this thread and I dont think you even noticed them! You are not quite the perfectionist you said you are :D .

Now if you want to know the cheif difference between girls and boys, inamadu gabdhaha waa u ceeb qariyyaan, gabdhuhuna xooggaana ma cafiyyaan, xattaa spelling error.

ps welcome back.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Keeping the spirit of your thread, Serenity, you made few mistakes right here in this thread and I dont think you even noticed them! You are not quite the perfectionist you said you are
:D

Now if you want to know the cheif difference between girls and boys, inamadu gabdhaha waa u ceeb qariyyaan, gabdhuhuna xooggaana ma cafiyyaan, xattaa spelling error.

ps welcome back.

You are saying, Habluhu waa qamarjiyaal? Oo waa Qar maqaatayal? icon_razz.gif

Haa mise maya,warka cadee? smile.gif

[QB] ^^Keeping the spirit of your thread, Serenity, you made few mistakes right here in this thread and I dont think you even noticed them! You are not quite the perfectionist you said you are
:D

I think I made provisions in my condemnation for mistakes here and there Xiin. icon_razz.gif

And the perfectionism bit was a little sarcasm for KK,. Still, even perfection has its limitations ;)

And feel free to point out my mistakes. I'll endeavour to pay more attention and correct them in the future :D

There are typos and simple errors in language, and then there is the elephant in the middle of the room of words.

p.s. Thanks for the welcome.

I liked this guy and it couldn't go anywhere because even though he talked well, my 12 year old sister wrote WAY better than him. It really bothered me. How can I respect someone who was in the west far longer than me and couldn't even string sentences together? The worst part was he graduated from college...which led to me think what the heck are they teaching there?

I caught myself not logging in to msn because I kept being distracted by his bad grammer and numerous spelling mistakes.

Haneefah   

I beg to differ. Gabdhuhu are naturally gifted with the art of ceeb-asturid, except of course the occasional impatient/irritable ones.

As for the topic, interesting observation. However, I certainly don't believe that it applies to the vast majority of our brothers - esp. the educated ones. Without looking elsewhere, SOL can serve as a great example.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

This Topic was inspired by the following quote by the clever witted Nephthys

quote:

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Bad grammar is the online equivalent of having a gap in your teeth and a heavy Southerner accent - it doesn't matter what you say, everyone is just going to think you're istuburt.

Right on!

You can be such a snob sometimes. Leave people with gaps in their teeth alone, you racist.