Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Bad grammar and bad spelling

Only a woman will put the time and effort into thinking about this little stuff. smile.gif

OK,So they cant spell and or write grammatically correct english?

You guys need to consider that most of these Faraxs learnt English about 10-12 years ago at some "old age". Unlike you younglings who were say,10years old and under. They need to be commended not condemned. Remember, Most schools in Somalia never taught English.

This is nonsense(with all due respect@ Serenity),actually,it is more of a pet peeve than a dispair,me thinks smile.gif

*Excuse me while i go write some poor english* smile.gif

STOIC   

^^^^ Farax Brown you of all people who went to a prestigious high school in Kenya should be able to encourage others to write well.

PS I'm sorry for the Qarxiis :D

Originally posted by STOIC:

^^^^ Farax Brown you of all people who went to a
prestigious high school
in Kenya should be able to encourage others to write well.

PS I'm sorry for the Qarxiis
:D

Prestigious by name,no substance. smile.gif

Nephissa   

Hope you have donned a BULLET PROOF vest, cause lotsa guys are gonna shoot you over this one, dear Serenity. Don't be such a snob innit :D .

Well, although far from perfect myself, as a Somali Qaxooti I try my best and I care. Some of the messages I read are sometimes just impossible to comprehend as it is so poorly written. Some people are so clueless when it comes to grammar that it makes their whole post impossible to understand. I usually don't judge them, but then again, I usually don't read them either [unless they rub it in my face].

Ms DD   

^^ Hear hear

Nothing wrong with heavy southerner accent. What is with the prejudice?

-Lily-   

^^ Ma aragtay bal? Just how is it different from any other Somali dilect? I thought it was meant to be the American southern accent for a minute...

p.s. Hello, long time smile.gif

Ms DD   

We need to be like Bahai faith and embrace all accents.

p.s Long time. I have been trying to find ways to make money without working hard smile.gif

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^Befriend southerner...sweet people :cool:

Yes, they are very sweet, humble people. I'm a living example. smile.gif .

STOIC   

We need to be like Bahai faith and embrace all accents.

My Iranian Co-worker is of Bahai faith.They are cool people with all their progressive revelation :D

For a minute too I thought you guys were talking about American Southern drawl.One of my mentor grew up in Xamaar. She is a sweet little thing with her southern accent.A Sijui of all people shouldn't be talking about people's accent. :D

^Tell them, Southerner is as Somali as you can get. Those on the periphery can chill out :D

P.S. I like American Southern accent and their reaction to Yanks. I went to Savannah and Atl while back, very funny pple specially blacks with southern accents