Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Saudi clerics want to restrict women praying at Mecca

Originally posted by Kashafa:

This is a positive development by the authorities. It would create an exclusive area for women to worship, while at the same time, allowing those who want to worship closer to the Kacba to do so.

Actually, I can't think of a better area for women to worship at than the vicinity of the Kacba.

There is enough money made by the authorities from pilgrims to come up with other ways of improving the Hajj experience for Muslims than restricting women in where and how they pray.

Positive development? More like a cop out.

-Lily-   

Ok what is the point of taking a Mahrem if you can't even do the Haj together? What about a husband & wife team? Why can't they share the experience? What about a son and his elderly mother? Will they too be separated? This is outragous so please lets not try to explain it away.

They should focus their enegery on throwing out these rouge men if there are indeed so many of them as to cause a problem.

Kashafa   

There seems to be a bit of misunderstanding of the whole Hajj/Umrah/Kacbah experience for women.

Currently the way things are set-up, there are no restrictions on where a woman can worship, inside the Haram or outside(during Hajj). There also is no 'dress code' or forced veil(niqaab)-wearing. The atmosphere is very flexible and 'liberal', so to speak. They have their own separate Zamzam facilities where they can drink and even pour water on themselves(when it's hot). Should the Zamzam area(which is underground) also be integrated with the men ?

This new decision (which, as the article notes, is being studied, and can be ammended) is simply creating an area exclusively for women, giving the sisters more breathing space. It is still in the 'saxan', or Kacbah area. It's not like they're being herded outside or something. Simple matter of comfort and convience. Would you, as a lady, prefer to do cibaadah among your kind, mase, you want to jostle and wrestle for praying space with men ?

Those ladies who wish to worship closer to Kacbah, for whatever reason(travelling as a family etc), are allowed to do so.

What's so problematic about that ? Say whatever you want about the Saudis, but when it comes to maintaining and developing the two Holy Cities, they don't cut corners. After all, it's their main claim to legitimacy.

While in the queue for people waiting to touch the holy stone I felt a hand run over my butt. I thought this is just a coincidence as I am jammed against so many people. The next second the hand traveled my entire bum feeling every inch of me.

I was DISGUSTED.

I turned around and saw this brother in Islam standing behind me with a ‘Yeah it was me, what can you do’ smirk on his face. I had traveled from that high spiritual feeling of calmness to disgust so rapidly that all I could manage to say was, ‘Half of my body is touching the holiest place on earth, how can you even touch me!’ A lot of men, being the ‘ever ready for a fight’ kind, grabbed the guy but I was too sickened to wait and watch. For me this was it!

Albert Einstein's famous line comes to mind 'Two things are infinite, the universe and human ********* - and i'm not sure about the former'.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

^^There are brothels open in Makkah a few miles away from the Masjid Al Haram. I myself saw 3 Saudi youths being whipped in public in the Haram for 'mucaakasa', ie, hounding and stalking women to give them their numbers. This was during the last 10 nights of Ramadan. Police and the Morality cops make regular raids on 'dens of vice' where alcohol is brewed, among other things.

Defination of brothel: "A brothel, also known as a bordello or whorehouse, is an establishment specifically dedicated to prostitution, providing the prostitutes a place to meet and to have sex with the clients". Looool this is getting better brothels and alcohol in Makkah, maybe they got gay clubs too. So you seen these brothels with your eyes, i mean for a non-native such as yourself to know about this (i have never heard of it and my family is well connected to mecca) then this along with alchohol is an establishment and its no secret. Only place where i heard of these stories is the internet, (tho um not denying suuq madoow in which ppl commit haraam undercover) . Anway bullocks mate as the english say.

Wax lala yaabo ma ahan.

wax lala yaabo way thay.

Sheh just as i thought your source is the internet.

Ibtisam   

I guess nothing is true unless You or your family see it?? Maybe you should go and check it out for yourself. I personally don't see the big deal, as long as they find a practical away that allows me to complete my hajj in peace: they can chop hands off, more police or give me another area.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

do these saudis have anything better to do then regulate what woman can and can not do?

yes, extracting oil and buying fancy cars.......

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

quote:Originally posted by Kashafa:

^^There are brothels open in Makkah a few miles away from the Masjid Al Haram. I myself saw 3 Saudi youths being whipped in public in the Haram for 'mucaakasa', ie, hounding and stalking women to give them their numbers. This was during the last 10 nights of Ramadan. Police and the Morality cops make regular raids on 'dens of vice' where alcohol is brewed, among other things.

Defination of brothel: "A brothel, also known as a bordello or whorehouse, is an establishment specifically dedicated to prostitution, providing the prostitutes a place to meet and to have sex with the clients". Looool this is getting better brothels and alcohol in Makkah, maybe they got gay clubs too. So you seen these brothels with your eyes, i mean for a non-native such as yourself to know about this (i have never heard of it and my family is well connected to mecca) then this along with alchohol is an establishment and its no secret. Only place where i heard of these stories is the internet, (tho um not denying suuq madoow in which ppl commit haraam undercover) . Anway bullocks mate as the english say.

Wax lala yaabo ma ahan.

wax lala yaabo way thay.

Sheh just as i thought your source is the
internet.
Heh :D

Your innocence is uplifting and I think it's unfair of these people to break your spirits with such stories as brothels, alcohol and lewdness. :D

I once did tawaaf seventy times. It was a very long time ago but (and this might shock you) I have to admit that my mind was not always focused on what I was doing! I may even have stolen a look at a woman or two. But, mostly, I was trying to dodge those mad Nigerian men that run around with the infirm on those old style wooden beds. :D

N.O.R.F   

But, mostly, I was trying to dodge those mad Nigerian men that run around with the infirm on those old style wooden beds

:D

Try avoiding the Iranians who travel 1000 at a time!

I think the women area in the centre of the mosque should be expanded.

Ibtisam   

^^^Or the Indonesian’s who insist on forming a chain,(by linking arms) the chain of death, they knock everything in their path, you better run around them.

Ngonge: I don't have the energy.

Blessed   

They've changed their minds people, ka hadha!

Xanthus honey,

It's actually part of the hajj umrah rituals to pray near the ka'bah behind Maqaam El- Ibrahim.

Dhudhuc,

It took us three months to sort out our visas and we were only in Oman. Saudis .. shoot khaleejis are annoyingly slow with processing things / anything!

Anyways, I hope you really enjoy your hajj.

The best view of the ka'bah is the ladies section upstairs (1st floor) which overlooks the ka'bah. It's the most tranquil part of the whole masjid. It's a good place to stay between maqrib and isha to read quraan, make duaa or just dream about heaven…You get this inner heavenly peace that doesn't exist anywhere else in the world…. Well, maybe Madinah but that's a whole different feeling. .

Originally posted by Khalaf:

quote:Originally posted by Kashafa:

Wax lala yaabo ma ahan.

wax lala yaabo way thay.

Sheh just as i thought your source is the
internet.
Seeing as I would have to introduce a few people to you who could relay the stories directly and seeing as I wouldn't do that to anyone I care for I am left with the Internet as a source. Some get their comfort from childhood teddies and blankets others from rose-tinted spectacles.