Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Bad publicity

Viking   

It is amazing how people accept or distance themselves from being African. The word AFRICAN has different meanings and that could explain all the hassle. I had to look it up on the Merriam-Webseter dictionary to confirm my thoughts; and indeed, the word AFRICAN has two meanings...

1 - a native or inhabitant of Africa

2 - a person and especially a black person of African ancestry

We definately fit in the first category BUT can we define ourselves as black people of African ancestry? NO! Somalis are hamtic people classified as people with cocasoid (NOT NEGROID) features. This is one of the reasons Somalis don't see themselves as AFRICANS, they have not negroid but caucasoid features. Somalis often look only at the second definition and therefore decline being referred to as African. Look at this link and you'll see Somalis and North Africans categorised as caucasians...

http://www.angeltowns.com/members/racialreal/subraces.html

Dr Ali Mazrui talks about the TRIPLE HERITAGE that Africans have and said that... When I was growing up in Mombasa, Kenya, I crossed those three civilizations to and from several times every twenty-four hours. I was getting Westernized at school, Islamized at home and at the mosque, Africanized at home and in the streets.

A very interesting concept that many Africans relate to; Could it be that Somalis were not "Africanized" but instead 'Somalized' at home and in the streets?

PS: Somalis who think that they are superior to Africans with negroid features are just bigoted imbeciles.

Sue, now you know that having rules and enforcing them ain't that bad for keeping the good name of Sue. :D

Start campaigning for a moderator position again. As I remember, you were 4569 votes short of becoming one the last round. ;)

Qac Qaac   

Jumatatu... what in the world r u saying. waraa i didn't say i am not black. but my black muslims are first then the kafir blacks.

adi haddaa iyaga jecashay good for u.

NGONGE   

To some extent, I agree with Waryaa Dude, but what suprises me is the statement of Mr. NGONGE when put it, "I agree. From now on, whenever we feel like bashing any other race we should do it in Somali".

That is so funny, indeed. Laakiin fiiri, raga wax ma xantaan horta? Waligeed lama sheegin rag Soomaali ah oo wax xamanaaya! Does that mean our girls alone can do xamasho? No way, Islamically speaking, bashing is an unacceptable devilish character. Remember, it is like eating the flesh of your dead brother/sister. ooooooooooc, that is an unpredictable thing to do.

arr xan maaha dee, afkaga hoyo hadaad wax ku qortid ma xan baa?

ta labaaad, rago wax ka xan badan adoonka maba jiran.."kaalay an kula faqay".."kalay aan afka joog(sorry my somali battery is starting to run out now)...

:D

Jumatatu   

Qacbaro sxb stop beating about the bush with this prioritising , you can be a Budha if you want to be but do you accept that you are black-african..?

Ngonge balayo kula faqdey afkana juug ku sisey...instead of enhancing your Somali vocab into necessary field you have learned the gossip part...qasaro fol qassaro.. :D

But as for the question raised by the author of the thread yes we are biassed and racist towards other blacks, and before the laser guided 'moderator' jumps to conclussion I dont mean in SOL but in general also.

NGONGE   

^^^ waxan xasusta malintaan kilmadan bartay, saaxib. gabadh ayaa ego tidhi kalay aan afka juug kaa siye! waan yaabay, arr gabadho maxay ku hadlaysa? I said "No thank you". She insisted. I said "ok, laakin i guurso hadawto ha ego odhan". :D

Aaah, those were the days.

OG_Girl   

Seems NO one got Sue's point here.Nothing to do being Somali or even Muslim.

Most of us don't deny being black but as u see from some replys they think they are superior other blacks! whatever are moslims or not. Bieng Muslim nothing to do with being black... As far as I know Islam is your belief and being black is your race! go figure out.

Check this forum may bring you to home I mean to Earth..see what others think about your superior , unique, muslim , Somali race!!.

NZ: Somali Bashing Accused Denies Jewish Cemetery Desecration

Salam

OG_Girl   

You laughing huh? this Jew chick got my nerve and registered just to reply to her!!

But guess what ? they are disgusting evily racists and that is NOT againt their forum Rules!!.

Salam

dawoco   

lol,,no matter what the topic is about, as long as its cultural or race bound, somehow we somalis always find ways to attack the jews.

The other africans have nothing to worry about, when compared to the jewish population, they get off lightly where somalis are conserned...

Og girl, if u need back up, gimme a shout yeah...jst can't deny the nomad in me i suppose.

N.O.R.F   

i must admit that I'm a racist, dicing with death driving in this metropolis and everyday i nearly get hit by an asian, african or jamaican driver and i volley insults their way. Very sad i know but ish happens, i have managed to curb it if an elder is a passenger in the car.

Certain places with alot of jews makes me physically sick. I cant stand southall, the arabs on edgware road :rolleyes: , those nigerians driving beemas with the number plate 'ade' and loud mouths i just laugh at.

But here what takes the biscuit, i dont care those africans can keep there forums and diss me those fu*us! :D

Paragon   

I have never been Arab nor other ,

I care not the hither and tether

I ride high and right on my horse,

Be it on a stray or straight path,

Of lineage trailing to Somali Birth.

When some are ashamed to describe themselves, they wimper before others in their bid to appease them. If I say I am Somali, and 'others from Africa' dub me racist, then I am glad to be racist. I am Somali, nothing changes that. Just 'cause I happen to share a colour and a continent with some people doesn't add or substract anything from my Somaliness.

N.O.R.F   

^^^ nicely put ye old poet!

Lets see,,,,,

Those who dislike i

Are not worth my time

Those who smile but spite

Are not worth my bright

Those who call one names

Are those who are in chains

Those who show good heart

Are those who are smart

Two B's in english didnt go to waste!!!! :D

Paragon   

^^^ Didn't go to waste indeed. I am surprised. We have under-cover gabyaa in the hood, innit?

PS: Leave Southall out of it mate. :mad:

The truth of the matter is that, each one of us has a right to definite him/herself as best as they see fit..

In the eyes of a white-man, we all are black, doesn't matter if you have curly hair, you just have a lighter skin,(nicely shaped noise).(We are all seen as one)

If you say you are somali, surely you have to accept the fact that you are african born, and bread...

if you pple can't accept the complexion of your skin, too bad, y'all are on denial...

Somalis tend to think of themselves as high and mighty when it comes to dealing with non-somalis, especially african born pple or pple who have a darker complexion...Y'all call them "jareer", what right do you have to call a black person jareer?

I never understood that one, but hey, if it makes you feel superior, u go on ahead and keep distancing yourselves from black pple, surely you know, all of you are blacks...like it or not...

PS: Words of advice to those that have been living on denial all these yrs..::: you are treated "black " everyday of your lives, and you can't come out and tell me that isn't true....Start accepting it, the sooner , thebetter.

Someone made a comment about being black is rooting for black pple on their success.(Being black doesn't mean you have to be ghetto in all sense of the word, just be you and accept that you are black, first and foremost..., you dont have to cry when denzel wins oscar, that isnt being black, thats just being proud of the minority actress/actor in hollyhood and its a choice, you dont have to root for every black person you see on tv, or every black politician)