Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Bad publicity

After reading all that....indaha baa i Xanuuney waana illoowe waxaan rabay inaa daho (GOODNESS!!! My attempt at writting somali is so pathetic im even surprised :eek: :eek: :( )

OH i remember now..*Sigh*

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....ETC ETC ETC

Tuujiye   

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!

Who the hell cares what others think of us.

Me i'm black 100% and I have no arab blood.

I like my black people 100% more than arabs.

I don't why some people in here are serprised like lazy girl...

Us somalis hate each other we hate our next door neighbours..forget other relatives..lol..

"In somalia their was some people that called other somalis jareer" waaw big deal; don't y'all see we are kiling each other over some names (qabiil)that was created for us?

So kids don't be shocked to see a somali hatting on others.

To me personly I'm happy to be 100% somali, 100% black and 100% african...I have no arab blood..............

wareer badanaa...

This cultural hubris, a self-perpetuating disease, is found only in the minds of the "less lettered" segment of Somali society(or any society for that matter). Judging from physical appearance, one can not deducce or it does not thence follow (it is simply illogical to infer) that that person is in any way, shape, or form (as the cliche goes) inferior or superior. Alas! the whole matter is irrational.

Be that as it may, still I believe that it is morally justfiable to "despise" persons , be they Africans, Arabs, Europeans, of a "intellectually inept" breed.

Perhaps it is true that any publicity is good publicity or so the saying goes. smile.gif

Tuujiye   

ok mr shakespear..........

I have an advise for you mutakalim. BE YOUR SELF...

luqadaan weyn aad qortid iyo englishkaan old school ah aad isticmaashid wiji kuuma noqonaayo sxb...

write some thing that we could all understand. Some thing simple.

I wonder how long it takes you to post a topic...

wareer badanaa....

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Mutakalim:

Be that as it may, still I believe that it is morally justfiable to "despise" persons , be they Africans, Arabs, Europeans, of a "intellectually inept" breed.

What is an "intellectually inept" breed ?

NGONGE   

^^^^ loool

He paints a lovely (and very condescending) image of an intellectually inept (i.e. S.T.U.P.I.D) breed (type – usually used with animals rather than humans). We despise dogs because they’re “dirtyâ€; he despises people because he perceives them to be “S.T.U.P.I.D â€. No sign of any moral justification though. :confused:

Pseudo intellectual snobbery versus intellectual ineptness! That’s some deep $hit, man. Now, pass the dutchie upon the left hand side. :D

Curly   

Mission completed, you should all give yourself a good pat on the back and applauded yourselves for managing to go off the topic yet again! But this time at record speeds! Woo hoo!

After watching the Olympics I realised the only thing Somalis are good for are going off the track. Now we all know we’d win everytime!

As for my little friend feebaro…It's funny how when someone don't understand other peoples English, it has to change, yet when I don't understand some the other Nomads Somali, I'm treated like a lost soul.

I don't think some of the comments on that forum are wholly unjustified.

You know what, most Somali people I've met are racist. Not just towards non-Somalis, but ten times worse towards their fellow Somalis. In fact, I have often been given the impression that Somalis hold any other race to be superior to a Somali from another clan. The people I've met go around ostracising other Somalis left and right because their hair isn't the right density or their teeth aren't symmetrically aligned, the way theirs are.

How often have I been told that 'oh no, those people are okay when they work for you, but girls like us don't marry guys from clan-so-and-so'. It's disgusting.

Most Somali people I know are very much attuned to their black African heritage when there is a Malcom X film on TV, or when Nelson Mandela holds a speech. Yet the way they view the individual Nigerian neighbour or the Zimbabwean taxi-driver puts any hard-core National Front sympathiser to shame.

They seem to relate to black people and the whole concept of 'blackness' on macro-level.

What's worse is, certain aspects of being black (or rather, those that some morons associate or deem an essential part of being black) seem favourable. Then you get a situation where black means two things. People with Negroid descent and their culture, and black in terms of general popular culture. The latter is suddenly the very essence of being Somali.

How often have I been called white, because I don't like rap music or because I don't mess up my tenses to sound cool, or because I don't think 'dog' is an appropiate term of affection.

Sometimes I can't help but think that Somalis are a confused lot by nature.

Lets face it, somali pple, especially somalis in this forum have tendencies to go off topic, regardless of what the discussion is about.

For instance, we have several pple here discussing someone's banishment, as if its of importance to the rest of us???

So what he is a wanted man, and that moderators are keeping an eye on him, do you think pple care???

.........(I didn't think so).........

Getting back to what CURLY SUE said, and yesyou are right because this discussion has turned to somewhat anything besides what u intended it for, but this isn't the first time and it sure won't be the last....(I, myself went off-topic, only because the engine was already turned on, and I went for the ride)

Bad/Good publicity, it doesn't matter to most of the somalis pple who take part of this forum...

Bottom line is, they just don't care, and some individuals are going as far as making sure that this site hits rock bottom, and get toast out like all the other trash the somali pple got their hands on....

I don't even think most of you who responded to sue's thread thought of opening the link to the article sue was referring to...(now do you think these pple think if they get bad rep)???

...... (I didn't think so) ......

Everything that was said on that website is true...I don't disagree with it one bit, and they have every right to go ahead and insult somali pple, because thats what we do to them...(fair play)

I just wonder what that dude "madmullah" was thinking trying to defend an entire nation thats at fault for their own ignorance????

I don't think that he knows what he is talking about...and Ima leave it at that.

Originally posted by WarYaa DuDe:

man it's the voice of our people. TUPAC!!! :cool:

That's the problem, it's not the voice of our people. Because our people apparently don't like the individual African-American for whom these songs are being written.

Deeq A.   

Talking about bad publicity.

We have been getting complaints about the constant insults and the personal attacks going on here lately. We are doing a mass clean up of individuals who we think are violating our website rules on purpose.

These are the red flags.

Multiple usernames

Insults/vulgarity

Complaints about SOL and its staff posted on the open forums (send pm if you have issues).

Undermining Admins/Moderators's ability to do their job.

Tribal names.

The above is the quick list we are using to narrow down the abusers.

We are investigating more individuals who we think are bringing down the quality of our website deliberately.

We urge the nomads to respect others and avoid insults and personal attacks. SOL strict rules will always be here.

Send us a private message if you see any attacks, tribal name or suspect an individual is using multiple usernames on our forums. As always, we rely on your input and we appreciate your help. That is one way you can help keep this forum clean. Do your part.

Thank You.