Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Taxpayers pay for Somalis to live in luxury

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I know a family exactly like that one. They get three members of their family to send them money each month and they're living like kings back in Somalia through Cabdi & Xalimos hard earned cash. In fact, one of them is even rumoured to be a qat addict.
:D

When told about the story, Ibti shook her head and said: "On a postive side maybe it will stimulate debate...." (this seems to be her catch phrase for the week).
:D

Are the three members working?? If so I don't see the problem.

:D Loool @ catch phrase of the week!!

Juxa let it go :D

Northy why?

Juxa: I agree with all that- but we should not making HIM and HIS family carry the general problem with our community. YES his case just highlighted the problem in our community- we should not throw our shoes at him for shaming himself and us and then forget about it- what does that solve.

Be practice people- we don't know why he sold his story or even IF he sold it or if he is sane. But the issue remains that our community is dependent on state, so rather than shaking your head and shouting abuse, show me something else. WHAT NEXT- after you all finish huffing and puffing and abusing the dude and his family? Then you all go back to your jobs- high and mighty, but I tell you now that this road has been opened- we'll be on the newspaper and TV ads for benefit fraud all the time. redface.gif

-Lily-   

Ibti, walaleey, I fully agree with you. 99% of us were refugees, laakin that was 20 years ago. I do feel sorry for the older generation who are unskilled workers expected to raise families of 6 to 8 kids on minimum pay. I am not mocking anyone.

Having said that, a Somali person who is now 40 must have been 20 when he/she arrived. Wax wey isku toosan kareen.

Juxa   

sometimes you can be agreeable, anigu koleyba i am not gonna be abusive to this particular man or his family.

the state of his mind is indeed quesionable, lakin he did highlight this problem which is as you stated we are highly dependable community.

our men must take responsibility for their wives and children

it is time our community divorces the government.

Juje   

Originally posted by Malika:

Abwaan,I dont know them neither do I care about knowing them..

Xasha..! I think that is mutual on their part.

As for milking the society remember back the time and the many times you went with Xaajiyada to the Social Welfare, and interpreted for her while you were only 12.

How short memory you have when it was only yesterday. :D

Ibtisam   

^^What is the use in getting personal?

Lily: Not a true reflection- estimate say 60% of current Somali population in the UK arrived after 1998 either from other parts of Europe or from Somalia. So yes those of us who arrive in the early 1990s can isku toosani few things, but what about everyone else. :confused:

She is 40 and he is 50 (that is assuming wa real age- also highly unlikely) So if he arrives as a 42year old man and she was 32 women- as a refugee with no formal education what role can they place in society?

Juxa: Sure divorce the State- but I think that is for the new generation- I don't think anyone over the age of 40 who is Somali and not educated can at this late stage divorce the state.

Malika   

Juje,meel baa lagaa qabtee,is he your relative?..warya macawistaa yeesaan kaa daciin..I dont do *****es!

As I said,I careless about his man or his family,am GENERALLY talking about the culture of dependancy..

Now,iga leexo!

Kaalaya, the paper said that he is a 'Butcher' (notice how they do not elaborate on that), now ma is weydiiseen inuu horay u shaqayn jiray iyo in kale, ma laga yaabaa in recently shaqo la'aan ku dhacday. Mise wixii loogu talagalay thick headed BNP supporters ayaad aaminteen, after all we are talking about The SUN who are known to run with wax alaale iyo wixii ku saabsan Islam and ajaanib.

As for those who continue to argue that our society are caydh ku nool I have one thing to say to them, just because Allah has made it easy (possible) for you to achieve something (in this case education iyo shaqo) it doesnt mean everyone waa inuu noqdaa adoo kale. Say Alhamdullilah for what you have and pray that Allah (SWT) helps those who are in need.

At the end of the day waxaad samaynaysaan can only be seen as gloating. Talk about kicking the dog while he is down.