Sign in to follow this  
Castro

How do you say 'guilt' in Somali?

Castro   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

I thought
Castro
had something to do with Haddaad's disappearance. Any forensic investigators in the house? What did you do to him Mr. Castra??

Saaxib my concern was genuine. I sent Haddad a PM some months ago asking where he went. If anyone knows, just say it. We're a community that watches out for each other, no?

Rowda   

Naayaadhahee cajaa'ib hanakaa aragnay! duulkaan oo dhan oo isuguna wacayo SOL waxay gadhan la'yihiin erayada afkooda hooyo igu fudud mise anaa khaldan oo dhinacii somali-sujuwiqaan kujiraa? Ala maxaa la'iscaruureeyey (naac naac walaahida).

guilt=kaxumaan

waxaan kaxumahay in aan cidii booqan gugii la soodhaafay.

please= codsasho

dee waxaan kaa codsanayaa in aad sisaani ah iila socodid ama'aad iiga *****d

Adeer=atheer plse castro, stop kucamirashada dee

Yoonis walaalo lets open SSL classes (somali second language) and I will volunteer.

castro five free sessions since you start the topic

:D

Nabadeey

Jacpher   

Can someone help me with these words: hanakaa, gadhan, naac naac.

Adeerkiis Castro, you’re off the hook. Lady sheherazade is guilty as charged. Seriously, does anyone know where the guy went?

Castro   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

Can someone help me with these words:
hanakaa, gadhan, naac naac.

Sure. Here it goes.

hanakaa = Hanuka. The jewish festival of lights. Use it like this:

Waaryaa yahuudiyow, hanakaa wanaagsaan.

gadhan = gadh aan. It's actually two words. Used like this:

Waar ninkaasi gadh aan waligii la xiirin ayuu leeyahay.

I don't know the last one. Could be a repitition of some sort. Like diin and diin diin. Or booc and booc booc, you know, that tree with big leaves that oozed milk-ish liquid.

P.S. We need to have a baafin (all points bulletin) on Haddad on the BBC.

P.P.S. Rowda, balaayo ma jidho, haday jidhana ma buurna. :D

Haashim   

Naayaadhahee cajaa'ib hanakaa aragnay! duulkaan oo dhan oo isuguna wacayo SOL waxay gadhan la'yihiin erayada afkooda hooyo igu fudud mise anaa khaldan oo dhinacii somali-sujuwiqaan kujiraa? Ala maxaa la'iscaruureeyey (naac naac walaahida).

Dadka Reer Xamar iyo Shujuu iyo wax kastaa isaga jira marka adiga Rowda dadka ha dhibin nooh,

Guilt as Castro put it, the nearest somali word is: Gaboodfal

Giulty = Gaboodfale

I feel guilty I didn't go to the gym today = waan ku gaboodfalay inaanan aadin ciyaartii maanta and so on

Originally posted by Castro:

hanakaa = Hanuka. The jewish festival of lights. Use it like this:

Waaryaa yahuudiyow,
hanakaa
wanaagsaan.

Made my day. :D:D

Originally posted by sheherazade:

quote:Originally posted by Brown McPharax:

oo Sheherezade oo beach fadhido ee iga tahay...[oon HI ku dhihin].

Yaa?: Eh?
Dont Yaa-eh me lady.You know damn well that you are possiblly as loud as the Blue Whale;which FYI is the world's loudest animal.

I am not feelin to walk around with perforated ear drums ;)

Ps.This is in reference to the beach incident btwn you and the russian who asked for something smile.gif

Rowda   

"P.P.S. Rowda, balaayo ma jidho, haday jidhana ma buurna."

Castro is this ur way of waving the white flag?

Muraad sxb I understand the fact that somalis have different dialec xamari,waqooyi,reerbari,afmaymay,reer mudug,etc. lakiin marka uu hadalka qoran yahay it shouldnt be that hard to understand.

my young brother left somalia when he was 4yrs old that doesn't mean he doesn't no how to read or wright somali, I notice it become more fashionable a person to say,I dont no somali and all I could say is why not?? no excuses pls start reading somali cuz that is how I learned too

Castro   

Originally posted by Rowda:

"P.P.S. Rowda, balaayo ma jidho, haday jidhana ma buurna."

Castro is this ur way of waving the white flag?

Yes it is. Peace on earth is my eternal wish.

Ya ibn Faarax, perhaps I am being obtuse(Somali word?) but what does the Ukranian and my one-off qaylo have to do with this? I'll have u know I am quiet-voiced and get hoarse easily as I don't talk a lot- now die of shock and horror but do resurrect(Somali word?) thyself and expound(??)

I feel duh(??) today. :D

Haashim   

Muraad sxb I understand the fact that somalis have different dialec xamari,waqooyi,reerbari,afmaymay,reer mudug,etc. lakiin marka uu hadalka qoran yahay it shouldnt be that hard to understand.

Rowda Sis (am i wrong) Marrkaan leeyahay Reer Xamar uma jeedo Xamar Cad-cad, waxaan u jeedaa dad xamar ku dhashay oo ku koray nooh oo hadalka waawayn akhoonin, marka dadkaas camal ma la dhibo nooh ;)

I dont no somali and all I could say is why not?? no excuses pls start reading somali cuz that is how I learned too

I agree with you no excuse to read and write your mother tongue.

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Ya ibn Faarax, perhaps I am being obtuse(Somali word?) but what does the Ukranian and my one-off qaylo have to do with this? I'll have u know I am quiet-voiced and get hoarse easily as I don't talk a lot- now die of shock and horror but do resurrect(Somali word?) thyself and expound(??)

I feel duh(??) today.
:D

Ya Binti Zade;Perhaps its me who is not being astute(Caqlilow?); However elucidate i shall.

As you mentioned,it probably has nothing to do with the topic;but i did use you as a reference to the historian-dumb-linguist.

Referenced you(The incident?) as in am not gonna go near the somali dictionary just as much as i wont go near Sheh on a beach front(Lest i get yelled@)... :D

Ps.Obtuse doesnt really mean Doqon? icon_razz.gif

Fahamt. I can sleep tonight(I pray). smile.gif

Oh My Good Golly Gosh, Blimey, would u believe it, it's post No One Thousand and One. Say something deep, Sheh.

Something deep, Sheh

There. :D

Edit: Castro, u have GOT to be kidding me. :D