Sign in to follow this  
Castro

How do you say 'guilt' in Somali?

You picking on me Adeer?

BTW it's not Atheer but Adeer but I won't trouble you as you don't have as much teeth as you used to have when you were younger after all I have to respect you because you could be my dad!

Gutter: bulaacad?

Oi, the brown one, I didn't go there. U read into it, man. That's your maskax, I have no jurisdiction over it. Danbi badana. Uff: uff.

:D

There is not need for alarm bells Ahura unless ofcourse you're with someone you shouldn't really be with.

It's simple enjoyment=raaxo nothing to be troubled about.

Just say Walaal waad ku mahadsantahay Caawa aad iyo aad baan uu raaxaystay ku farxay companigaada.

Castro   

Just say Walaal waad ku mahadsantahay Caawa aad iyo aad baan uu raaxaystay ku farxay
companigaada.

Did you say you're a linguist? May be you meant a Linguini. :D

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Gutter: bulaacad?

Oi, the brown one, I didn't go there. U read into it, man. That's your maskax, I have no jurisdiction over it. Danbi badana. Uff: uff.

:D

Bulaacad waa maxay?

When you say Danbi badana,do you mean like danbi as in Guilt?[The nerve of some ppl saying danbi is guilt] Mise dambi as in sin?

Anyway my maskax has a gps system installed. It never goes off track[so to speak] ;) Bal adba what is your excuse???

Yoonis,

Bisinka. Xaasha, waxaasi afkayga ma soo mari karaan.

Brown,

LoL...more or less (altho I can't say I have ever had a sugar daddy...only poor-as-dirt faaraxs). Baashaal, huh? That word was spoiled for me by tuujiye.

Sheh,

My grasp of Somali is a lot better now, but at the time I did settle for 'enjoygareeyey'.

Buni, bulaacad was gutter in our house(or outside of it). I speak a little of a few languages so sometimes have no idea whether some words belong exclusively to one language or are borrowed and *******ised into others(more often than not, they are). It's all good. When in doubt, I find the root word and Somali, Indian or Arab it verbally.

We haven't got to the bottom of guilt or have we? :confused:

Rahima, this post is a rally. smile.gif

Castro   

^ After hundreds of posts and 7 pages, we still have no conclusive meaning for guilt in Somali.

So far we have: qiiro, murugo, tiiraanyo, and eed among other words. I'm afraid none of them are on the money.

Where is Mutakalim when you need him? Oh yeah, he's over in another section raising hell. :D

Rahima   

Sheh,

Sure is. I log off and come back to return to a new post with 7 pages.

Castro,

According to a Somali-english dictionary in front of me:

Guilt: dambi, eed, gabood-fal.

I think that these are going to have to do. I mean for God sake, it’s from a dictionary icon_razz.gif .

N.O.R.F   

dambiile = = = criminal, offender, perpetrator of a crime, felon, law breaker, delinquent, sinner (all forms of guilt)

Castro   

^ I feel a lot of gabood for wasting this much bandwidth on such an illusive word. All the eed should fall on my shoulders. I will be in murugo for a long time to come. Enjoygareeya the rest of the thread.

According to a Somali-english dictionary in front of me:

I think that these are going to have to do. I mean for God sake, it’s from a dictionary

And guess what who has enormously contributed to that Dictionary?

Originally posted by Yoonis_Cadue:

quote:According to a Somali-english dictionary in front of me:

I think that these are going to have to do. I mean for God sake, it’s from a dictionary

And guess what who has enormously contributed to that Dictionary?
Dont tell me you have contributed to it? No way!!,actually i take that back,it finally makes sense to me. I have always doubted the translation of some of the words on that dictionary for a long time....Now the Jigsaw puzzle has finnaly been solved smile.gifsmile.gif

*Huruuuurrrruffffff*=Sound of me throwing the dictionary away