Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

How should they defend themselves?

Three weeks ago (in my area) a young man, somali, was on a bus one evening on his way home. He saw another somali being assaulted and surrounded by Asians and got off the bus to help. By the time he got into the fray...inankii kale had been stabbed several times in the stomach and back....but that wasn't enough...he also got stabbed in the stomach. Last I heard the guy who tried to help was stable and the other guy was in intensive care with serious internal injuries.

A week ago, again in my area, a teenage boy was with his friends. They went to get some food. He wanted pizza, they wanted Fried chicken...so, he told them he would get his pizza and meet them in Chicken Cottage (this is in my area). To make a long story short, the boy joined his friends a little while later and sat down to eat.

He was approached by one of the staff and told he couldn't eat other foods in the interior. Being the teenager that he is, he started swearing and giving them lip. The member of staff went round to get the owner of the joint (an Indian man) from the butcher's shop next door. The owner grabbed a large butcher knife and went round to the restaurant.

When he saw the knife, the boy tried to run...but he was easily caught by the Asian guy who proceeded to slash his abdomen open from one side to the other. PPl screamed, police and ambulances were called...but too late. Inankii yaraa bartii buu kudhintay. He was 17....fortunately he was not Somali....this time.

I'm sure u are all aware of the number of Somali teenagers who've already been killed in London. In my area alone several had been attacked and seriously injured but thankfully none had died...surprisingly, my area is considered to have a low crime rate....I'm sure u can imagine what happens in boroughs with high rates of crime and large Somali communities... :(

Could this be because our boys can't walk away from fights? Or is it because they can't defend themselves because they are not armed?

Maybe it is both. Other than refusing to let them out of the house, what can be done to protect them?

Personally I think, in the case of young boys...between 12 and 18...parents should try to know exactly where they are, when they are not in school, who they hang around with, who their closest friends are and what they do with their time.

I think parents should be as strict with their sons as they are with their daughters. Maybe then, there won't be so many hurt by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or associating with the wrong crowds.

Another option maybe be to arm themselves. It is a bit extreme, I know...but we are living in extreme times. At least, they could cause some damage too rather than meekly waiting to be cut down by some effing timojilic or madow fool xun. Istaakh furalaah. I just get so angry everytime I think of about it. :mad:

Yes, there will probably be consequences of carrying knives or whatever else...it's criminal in the UK to carry anything that could be used as a weapon, even scissors...but that still doesn't stop anyone from carrying. Also some stupid Faaraxs might use them on each other every time they have a little argument...as they already do...but I think maybe be the benefits outweigh the cons in this case.

So, what do u all think? To arm or not to arm?

I WAS JUST LISTENING TO THE NEWS AND I HEARD A SOMALI BOY IN LONDON WAS STABBED IN THE CHEST.....MY GOODNESS THATS AWFUL....AND FOR WHAT A CELL PHONE. ANYWHO THIS IS A GREAT SUBJECT U CREATED GURRL. I'D HAVE TO SAY THAT GETTING A WEAPON LICENSE ISN'T A BAD IDEA.....WELL IN AMERICA WHERE I LIVE THATS POSSIBLE..IT ONLY ACTS UPON THE HUMAN AMENDMENTS THAT THIS LAND HAS CREATED FOR IT'S RESIDENTS...CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE REGARDING OTHER COUNTRIES. AND IT'S KIND OF HARD FOR OUR YOUNG BOYS TO TO TAKE THE FLIGHT INSTEAD OF THE FIGHT....DON'T KNOW ABOUT YA'LL BUT I WAS TAUGHT TO NEVER GET BUM RUSHED BY NO HUMAN KIND....ALLAH N MY PARENTS ARE MY ONLY FEARS IN LIFE. NOW IF I PLAY DEVILS ADVOCATE FOR A MINUTE....THIS WEAPON LICENSE CAN BACK FIRE N CREATE SOME LEGAL PROBLEMS FOR THAT INDIVIDUAL.

GODBLESS

Lady Hustla

Welcome dear.

Mugging and murdering for cellphones is the norm in this city. Children as young as 10 have been killed for their mobiles.

I guess it's easier to legally arm yourself in America. I'm almost tempted to wish for the same here...I wouldn't mind carrying a nice little handgun myself. ;)

WHOA THAT SOMALI BOY THAT WAS KILLED AND HIS KILLER WHO IS ALSO A TEENAGER(GIVEN A FIVE YEAR SENTENCE) ALARMS MY BLOOD VESSLES....THAT WAS SAD FOR REAL...THE UK DID NOT SEEM HELLA DANGEROUS LAST TIME I WAS THERE(WHICH WAS LAST SUMMER). BUT WATCH OUT MY PPL IN THE UK.....WE'VE LOST SO MANY ALREADY WE CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE ANYMORE....STAY SAFE AND 1 LUV....MAY THE ALL MIGHTY ALLAH WATCH OVER OUR SHOULDERS......AMIIIIIIIN N INSHALLAH

BARWAAQO- THNX FOR THE WLC HUN......I APPRECIATE THAT...AND HUSTLING( WHICH MEANS TO MAKE STRENOUS EFFORTS TO OBTAIN)IS MY WEAPON IN LIFE.....ALWAYS KEEPING MY EYES ON THE PRIZE WHICH IS MY ETERNAL BLISS....BUT GURL I HAVE DONE MY SHARE OF ASSWHOOPINGS BACK IN THE DAY.....BUT I'M TRYIN TO LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY NOW...LOL@UR HANDGUN N I'LL MAKE SURE TO SEND U MY TAE-BO VIDEOS...MAKING U A LETHAL WEAPON TO BE RECKONED WITH.

GODBLESS

Iffah   

That's really sad. I didn't realize London was such a dangerous place.

I don't think carrying weapons is a good idea, especially for teens. It will just create more problems for that person...with the law and they can even get killed with their own weapon. I would think the best thing to do in this situation is for the parents to keep a good eye on their kids, although that can be difficult to do with teens.

i dont think parents can do anything in this case, if they see they son gettin stabbed all they can do is call the police or get stabbed themselves!....all i would say in this case is form groups. i been in situation like this as a child growing up in california,where we have been constantly attacked by chinese, black and mexican gangs just because we are somali. goin to school everyday was hard, because all you will hear is this kid or that kid was sevely beaten or god knows what. Anyways...what we did about it was, we neva walked or roamed around alone, we always travelled in groups and watched each others back. I know some of us had weapons ( which i care not to describe) but being in groups did it for us.No one messed with us, and in the process we developed friendship and unity. ( also nomatter who wanted trouble, they had to think twice to mess with a big group like us). Anyways, i know there are multiple solutions and arming your teen son with a gun or knife is not a good one. So what i would suggest is stay with your friends and group yourself with the neighborhood kids. Also stay away from trouble spots and go over there only if you have to!!!!

One luv

jaaluut   

barwaaqo, abaayo i don't know much about london, but here inthe usa ,where violence is the norm, the number of somalis assaulted and killed is way less than the numbers in london alone.

i don't know, but onething iam sure is the pure blooded somalis fight to death,and can never be conquered.

they should carry knives if thats what it takes to defend themselves. they should also get revenge.

thanks god , inthe usa, you could buy any weapon (semi-automatic) with a police check and get a license to even carry it concealed.

it's time the somalis in london go on the prawl and teach the stinking curry hindus a lesson that only somalis and chechniyans could teach.

no wonder they called it the land of free and the home of the BRAVES.

Hibo   

Most humans are being attacked or tortured by thier view in this world. whether you a woman nor a man of a muslim faith and living in today's world, you are to take certain procures to cavitivate your own action, which means you have to be ware of your surounding, and soceity which plays big role you being harm.

i suggest most of us following the good islamic faith to take action and go back home. where you can practice your religion safely.

A/s/M

yo i got my first cousin out in london..and he's bout my age..anywayz i agree with qosalye form groups and watch yo backs..thaz about it..if they get you i KNow it's jamaicans or what not mostly but..if they do..hit em back up with even a harder hit..it's war when *sh like that happens..barwaaqo ...in this situation A somalian gang out in london ain't a bad idea..I KNOW WE got mpls on lock.ain't nobody messing wit us...but hey it's a diff situation out in london..take care of yo.selve's..

Farey...

London isn't that dangerous as a whole...well, not yet anyways...it is just that the number of Somalis killed against the size of the community is a bit too much.

Lady Hustla...

Those Tae-Bo videos will be much appreciated. Do send them soon.

Ilhaam...

I gotta agree with Cash_floW...there isn't much parents can do at the moment...those kids have been too independent for too long...they are not about to listen to anyone.

Cash_floW, Tenacious...

Forming groups and looking out for each other is a bloody good idea!....altho I still think they should carry some kind of weapon.

Jaaluut...

Indeed dear...it's definitely past the time for revenge. Somalis have become the most victimised community in London...everyone seems to be out for our blood. I'm liking the idea of torturing some timochilic and madow behinds. :mad:

Kamadage ( :D )

Going back home now isn't much of an option for a lot of ppl.

SoL Prez...

Taser? Stun-guns? No thanks...I would rather have a nice little handgun.

Ariadne   

A gun or knife will not only be used as defence but as barawaaqo pointed out faraaxs might use it on each other for whatever small argument I agree with somaliaonline pres taser or stung gun can do the trick. Or better yet pepper spray markas kaadeb beat the God damned assaulter :mad:

Arm dhalanyaro folks? I'd vote for No. Young people sometimes don't think before they get into tense situations. You have to be a responsible person for you to carry a weapon, where the law allows it. Getting robbed is one of those things you can't forsee, am not going to be paranoid everytime I leave out of the house. I mean would you even remember how to properly use the weapon when you're caught off guard? We're not trained to use these dangerous weapons as the police.

Certain precautions can be adopted to be safe. Always be in groups after hours and just be aware of your surroundings at all times. As for ladies, taking self defence courses might not be so bad at all. LoL, my cousin claims she always carries a pen so if she's ever to get attacked she would poke it in...........aaaah i dont' even wanna think about it!! Stay safe Ya'll~~

When you are divided like the Somali community in london - you are easy target (seating duck as they called) I even heard there is clan orientated communities in London.

My solution to the problem is this;

1. Unite the Somalis in United Kingdom

2. Form gangs that look out for one another in each area

3. Form a Terror Squad - that counter balances the terror that has been done to the community all ready and revenge the killings that all ready took place. (This squad should be like a full time Police for the Somali Community and fully paid - Somali Mafia)

Hey!! Don't be supprised if you soon hear about this Somali Terror Squad on T.V (Killing and Torturing Some Yardies, Pakis, Banglis, Hindis and Anybody who stands on path of Nomads)

Peace!!