Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Pro-Gay books for 5 year olds?

Aaliyyah   

Khalif I understand that we need to struggle against such acts, I just think we cant change it and just a question how do u think we should struggle against it?? we just been here for the last what? 15 yrs or so. so if we cant tolerate this society we can go back home or move to muslim country as I suggested earlier.

wa salaam

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

point:

i remember the row when the school my sister went to tried to introduce the teaching of islam (early 2k) to the curriculum with catholics going ape on their culture and believes. what is the difference .. muslim people want their kids to learn about islam they choose, some one else chooses what is right for them, you dont have to follow it/

2 issues with your post:

1- The story talked about here is a protagonist who rejects 3 females in favour of the male of his dreams; there is an active story portraying the (gay) lead character in a positive, affirmative role thus imparting to children that this is appropriate and right.

This is far different to a book that says Muslims believe in X, Y, and Z. That is descriptive. The story we have here is not.

2- Another issue is the age at which kids are exposed to this. 5-7 years old is not an appropriate age to be teaching kids this stuff. At that age it's indoctrination. Because once again - these stories are meant to impart lessons and behaviours to kids.

Personally - I would have few issues if a 12 year old is taught that gay means X, Y, and Z. Those are facts of life.

Khalaf   

why am i always misunderstood :D .....aliyah walaaley inshallah take that hadith and inshallah ask learned person okey, its not about toleration u have no power wa runta either go about yo bidness or move to muslim land but about "acceptance" in the hearts.

Caano Geel my brother, islam to me means loving and adhering to the Quran of Allah Most Great and the sunnah of His messenger scw, and rejecting and hating the ways of kufar and innovations at least in my heart if i have no power, inshallah my brother look closely at this issue na mean

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

ThePoint bro: the point i am making: homonimo is a great evil, a muslim is he who hates these evils at least in his heart which is the weakest mark of iman, if there is "tolerance, accptance" in the individuals heart, then they have no iman and w/out iman u are not a muslim.

1 - Homonimo(hehe) is a great evil. Got it. One must believe that.

2 - How do we define 'tolerance'and 'acceptance' tho Khalaf?

If one of them is walking down the street - do you go kill them. Do you go lecture them? What do you do? IMO - the average imam would say acudo... and just walk away. And that would be my personal response too. In a way - an inflexible person would define this as tolerance and acceptance which then nullifies our iman according to your belief.

Que passa? How do you define tolerance and acceptance? That is what the whole issue hinges on?

CG, as always, Xiin intends no pun. It’s becoming quite apparent that it’s difficult for you to concede!

It’s inappropriate to expose children to suggestive and homo-friendly readings for the same reason that it’s not proper to introduce them to readings/contents that exhibit violence!

Get that yaa Caano!

Khalaf   

Thepoint sxb: islam doesnt tolerate homonimo, but we dont live in shariah country we cant do nothing, therefore we say acudi billah and hate their ways in our hearts na mean..u got "muslims" as Kim says who work for "gay rights" ....that hadith applies here also no iman

but we have 2 choices in these societies and to answer your question aaliyah:

1. Either go about yo bidness, and this haram will reach u na mean

2. Or become active members of society like the companions ra beforetime. ex: Canada big somali/muslim community there right? make mini-madinas, schools, islamic society within larger Canada na mean.

Thepoint sxb: they u know who corrupted the western society, and they will come to muslim countries to do the same thing....bet on it.

salaamy alaykum

point:

I have an issue with the indoctrination part. If being gay was something that people were led to, it would of died out long ago and certain wouldn't exist in most of the world. So i dont see what an affirmative character is meant indoctrinate a child to.

simply because of the age, i think this is not aimed at people outside of that community..

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

but we have 2 choices in these societies and to answer your question aliayah:

1. Either go about yo bidness, and this haram will reach u na mean

2. Or become active members of society like the companions ra beforetime. ex: Canada big somali/muslim community there right? make mini-madinas, schools, islamic society within larger Canada na mean.

Thepoint sxb: they u know who corrupted the western society, and they will come to muslim countries to do the same thing....bet on it.

salaamy alaykum

Not sure about 1 - how it will reach you but I get your drift. As to number 2 - a lotta of that infrastructure is in place. I certainly can add to it, help sustain it but there are questions about how active anyone can be in that regard unless you devote yourself to it.

But again I think this warrants a whole other thread.

PS - I'm not worried about the Muslim countries on this score - Can't see anyone prying this door open anytime soon.

Paragon   

Keeping in mind that this is a secular society, I would like to know, are children as young as 5 taught religious education?

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

point:

I have an issue with the indoctrination part. If being gay was something that people were led to, it would of died out long ago and certain wouldn't exist in most of the world. So i dont see what an affirmative character is meant indoctrinate a child to.

simply because of the age, i think this is not aimed at people outside of that community..

The indoctrination is not 'be gay' - it's that it's alright and fine. ie. Just do it! As to the dying out etc - that is a whole other debate but suffice it to say whether nature or nurture - telling someone it is good, acceptable, alright can hardly check the behaviour. In fact - it only seems to promote it.

As to your last comment - I don't think I fully understood it. It seems that this book may be taught in schools according to the OP. As such - it will be aimed at a broader mrkt than gay parents.

Originally posted by hodman:

Walahi the idea of kids reading these books at such a young age is disturbing to say the least.

I was gonna agree with you till I run into this storyweb page

You'll find that this indoctrination has been going on for decades. It’s just made it to storybooks.

LooooooooL....That sounds very conspirational.

CG.....Your promotion of a " tolarent" world leaves a little to be desired. You are steering us to a world of constant boredom with little passion or no vigor.

This particular issue is part of a larger corrpution aimed at disturbing young children's minds especially those of the young muslim children, with the aim to confuse them, because at home they're taught and given different moral values that do not go hand in hand with the notion of western tolerance and acceptance of different beliefs and identities.

It's another form of fitnah inherited from a corrupt and evil society in which we fled to and sought sanctuary to, where as it is quite clear that Islam is best practised in a muslim society, where one is strong and the temptation isn't as high as in the lands of the kuffaar. Futhermore our religion prohibits for us to migrate and live amongst kaafirs except we have a purpose such as business, education or dacwah. I believe the majority of us in here at least the older ones have no right in staying here unless ofcourse we fall into the three categories mentioned above.

On the other hand our brother Khalaf is right and you totally misunderstood him. I know some of the likes of CG have lost their moral compass and 'brag' about that they defend the rights of 'all' but isn't it a stark paradox and act of hypocrisy that one would defend what they morally deem to be wrong and against their personal beliefs?

That is ofcourse if CG is a muslim, he would indeed find it difficult because it is forbidden to defend unlawful acts such as sodomy in this case or to even tolerate it because that would defeat the purpose of the existence in their belief of their religions moral and practical code, which clearly says and reitrates that sodomy is a sin, evil and despised by Allaah the exalted.

Khalaf is right and no one can defend or even tolerate such kind of acts. You cannot shop, keep friendly company with, be friends with, like or even love such people.

Islam is a moral guide and we have our books and what you folks don't get and will not get is that it is an act of unbelief if one actually tolerates such evil. Now you might ask, what can we do? Yes, what you will do is despise and hate it from the deepest of your heart, do not support it or lend your moral support by cheering for it or by shopping, buying, visting, encouraging, viewing or appreciating anything that has to do with this kind of moral evil and this is part of it.

You cannot tolerate it and if you do it's actually an act of disbelief. Now get your moral compass right and correct your beliefs I say.