Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Pro-Gay books for 5 year olds?

Kimiya:

sister, i'm glad that your vocal chords are well equipped also,

---

it its simple:

1 point :

at the point a society has the rights to discriminate between people based on really pointless and inconsequentially facets like this every one is marginalised. If you cant get it, think of how many adjectives you could use to describe your self, and why they should determine what rights and protections the society u live in affords them

Khalaf   

ThePoint, sxb you right but there is an out right war on religious morality sxb, and ppl be muslim or not should not back down since they are part of the community. There are places like mini madinas in the states I am aware of it in the state of California and Alabama, in which muslim communities have come together and made islamic society within the larger societies and contribute positively, we most follow the way of the earlier companions ra who went to all over the world, engaged with many diverse communities, but always held tightly to Islam and changed those societies for the better, it can be done walaa. I see it everyday here, ppl are hungry for islam we have to carry the message cause ppl are lost.

That’s not my beef however, and I am very sincere here brothers I don’t want to come across as “self righteous” cat or as Sheh says everybody is mullah now..... but we do realize our societies and their harms, but aren’t we muslims? That means something no? And as Muslims we have our own believes and codes of life which do not and should not change even if the entire world changes no? Can one call themselves muslim, while accepting these harams in the name of tolerance as Canno Geel is doing here? This is serious matter no?

Aaliyyah   

The point I agree with you this isn't about gay rights. when kids are as young as five, they cant even defferentiate between whats wrong/right. so, kids are being taught to view homosexuality in positive light, and that is totally wrong.

caano I agree with u in terms of tolerating it,, tolerating something u view as "wrong" since the law accepts it.But, what I am against is the fact that kids are learning to accept homosexuality. now there is huge difference between tolerating and accepting....

wa salaam

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

Can one call themselves muslim, while accepting these harams in the name of tolerance as Canno Geel is doing here? This is serious matter no?

That is taking it too far imo. And to address your question - I don't know. I am not a scholar. But in general - my attitude is not to rush to take people out of the religion. Leave it as open as possible and just state what you disagree with.

Khalaf   

this is something agreed upon sxb, if one is happy don’t bother me attitude with haraams and this is a great evil mentioned in the Quran, and it doesn’t bother the individual at least in their heart, then they have no faith not even the smallest of iman. Fadlan the other brothers/sisters correct me if wrong, i took a seerah class and this is what i learned:

"There was not a Prophet whom Allah sent berfore me, but he had disciples and companions from among his people. They follow his way (Sunnah) and obey his orders. After that, later generations come. They would claim to do what they do not do. They would do what they were not ordered to do. Whoever struggles against them with his hand, is a believer. Whoever struggles against them with his tongue, is a believer. Whoever rejects them with his heart, is a believer. There is no Iman left after this, even the weight of a mustard seed." [Muslim]

Blessed   

Cg,

Blah! Waxaad igu haysatid mabaan garan.

ThePoint

You'll find that this indoctrination has been going on for decades. It’s just made it to storybooks.

Also, it does boil down to rights as far as the secular system is concerned.

Ariadne   

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Simpson: This is more of an cartoon. But was there a gay charactor?

hello, remember Mr. Smithers?

Carl and Lenny?

and what about the episode where Homer thought he was gay and was living in a gaybourhood.

Or the episode where he thought Bart was gay

not to mention all of the gay references of Steel Mill workers and the Village people and all of the gay jokes that are cleverly hidden thrughout the show

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

point:

I'm sorry what was i thinking, there is absolutely no connection what so ever.

Spare the sarcasm - and tell me how rights makes it into this picture?

Again

-------------------------------

Given the differences in religion and cultural mores of the diverse society we live in - that is not an appropriate lesson to be teaching young children. This a question of appropriateness rather than a denial of gay rights or gay existence.

Aaliyyah   

if one is happy don’t bother me attitude with haraams and this is a great evil mentioned in the Quran

Khalaf brother it is not about oh that brother is gay and he is happy being gay den who cares if it is haraam or not. we are simply not in a position to change their laws. Since we live here we gota tolerate them. I dont mind tolerating them , the only thing I would put a great emphasize on is why and why would they introduce pro- gay children's book :mad:

wa salaaaam

Khalaf   

Aliyah ina adeer re read carefully the hadith i posted fadlan, think about the message inshallah, how do u interpret the message of the hadith?

point:

i remember the row when the school my sister went to tried to introduce the teaching of islam (early 2k) to the curriculum with catholics going ape on their culture and believes. what is the difference .. muslim people want their kids to learn about islam they choose, some one else chooses what is right for them, you dont have to follow it/

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

this is something agreed upon sxb, if one is happy don’t bother me attitude with haraams and this is a great evil mentioned in the Quran, and it doesn’t bother the individual at least in their heart, then they have no faith not even the smallest of iman. Fadlan the other brothers/sisters correct me if wrong, i took a seerah class and this is what i learned:

"There was not a Prophet whom Allah sent berfore me, but he had disciples and companions from among his people. They follow his way (Sunnah) and obey his orders. After that, later generations come. They would claim to do what they do not do. They would do what they were not ordered to do. Whoever struggles against them with his hand, is a believer. Whoever struggles against them with his tongue, is a believer. Whoever rejects them with his heart, is a believer.
There is no Iman left after this, even the weight of a mustard seed." [Muslim]

There is a difference between saying that homo is a great evil and saying CG is not a Muslim. That was the point I was making.

Khalaf   

ThePoint bro: the point i am making: homonimo is a great evil, a muslim is he who hates these evils at least in his heart which is the weakest mark of iman, if there is "tolerance, accptance" in the individuals heart, then they have no iman and w/out iman u are not a muslim.