Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Pro-Gay books for 5 year olds?

Ms DD   

In the news this weekend, I heard that children as young as five are going to be provided with books in primary schools featuring gay characters. The books feature: "a prince who shuns three beautiful princesses before falling in love with a man and living happily ever after; a spacegirl with two mothers; and a baby penguin with two dads."

To me, this is just more social engineering than anything else.

Ms DD   

Teletubbies? Is therea pink boy in there?

Simpson: This is more of an adult cartoon. But was there a gay charactor?

Imagine the stories of Prince Charming sweeping off the feet of the butler being read to kids?

Johnny B   

lol @what isen't, :D , CG and his ever remarkabke remarks. icon_razz.gif

Cambarro, Could it be a good way of preparing the children for a reality they'll surely face later in their lives?

You know denying what classifies as social-ills has shown to be disastrous for Human societies.

Since same sex relationships are as old as Humanity, its about time to open that Pandora Box.

the term taboo is too overloaded to function , woulden't you agree Cambarro?

I don't know really - i dont believe you can convince anyone that they are gay or otherwise. You can make them tolerant of it, i.e. be ambivalent to the sexual orientation of the individuals around them, and at most this is what it can achieves.

However, I personally don't think that this is bad thing, simply because if our actions effect only us, we all deserve a right to live our lives unhindered. And such judgements aught to be left to Allah alone.

Ms DD   

JB..Sooner or later, they will have to adjust. I dont want to normalise this beahviour for any kids. There are other ways to convey tolerant behaviour to kids. No one is denying their existence but I would hate kids to be taught this. They are exposed to gays in almost every programme on TV.

I myself have never met any homosexual till i came to this country. Of course I was disgusted however i realised there is nothing one can do about it but to let it be.

Johnny B   

Though i do understand where you're comming from its hard to cede "normalizing" the legitimacy to override reality.

Though your penchant to "Normalize" things is noteably driving you to self-righteousness you'd fatally be categorizing Homosexuality as upnormal at best and that woulden't be your intention at worst.

Seen in that light, Exposure (for good or worse) is mutual in the sense that we actually differ in our behaviour,which is of great importance for our social development.

Some of us drink Dog-milk some perfer Cow-milk , though none is Human-milk.

Now , Normalizing the Cow-milk is prerogative, woulden't you say?.

Originally posted by Cambarro:

a spacegirl with two mothers; and a baby penguin with two dads."

Its one thing to try and inculcate a sense of tolerance in kids, because living in diverse communities its important to understand ‘difference’ respect it and even appreciate it, but a completely different matter to teach them LIES! A space girl cannot have two mothers nor a penguin two dads. That is, in simple logic, false.

-Lily-   

Don't worry, just make sure you have good relations with your kids so that when they come home you can de-programme everything they've been told that isnt to your liking.

There are gay parents at my brothers school, I think kids are aware of this already so its just a bit of extra unecessary bulls*it.

Changed   

caano geel yes people can be convinced to be gay... last i checked adam and eve where the first creations.. all of these people conviced themselves of their sexuality.. except for the Intersex folks ofcourse that is nature..

In schools now kids are tought abt sexuality anyway without parental consent, i dont think cartoon or books are gona make it worse.. what i dont understand is when are kids this days left to be kids ie the age of innocence is taken away from them and thats what i have problem with.

Ms DD   

I doubt anyone here would disagree with me saying that a child's mind is incredibly malleable and open to any kind of influence, this series of books is being used to circumvent parenting and any imagined negative portrayal of homosexuality coming from the home. Obviously the authors, and now the state do not trust any of us with the upbringing of our children so much so that they are educating them in their ideals (which I doubt many parents would go against anyway) by this very low tactic. I wonder whether the party policies will start to emerge in our children's syllabus soon.

There is no place in schools for this kind of social engineering/brainwashing...Let us not ignore the centre point. It is up to parents to teach their children this, and I rate the UK as one of the most open of societies in the world for homosexuals, yet obviously people behind the scenes want more.