Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

A True Soomaali Model

Salaan...

The ever-shrinking of seeing an important cultural Soomaali garment sisters used to wear daily in public in a not distant-memory, and almost relagated to weddings only now, sometimes you wonder if it is dying part of our culture.

Of course I am talking about dirac.

But this lady defied the odds, indeed.

dirac.jpg

dirac1.jpg

dirac2.jpg

dirac3.jpg

dirac4.jpg

:D:D:D

She, by the way, is called "Luul."

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Salaan...

The ever-shrinking of seeing an important cultural Soomaali garment sisters used to wear daily in public in a not distant-memory, and almost relagated to weddings only now, sometimes you wonder if it is dying part of our culture.

Are you saying that in order to be a "true" Somali lady, you have to wear dirac?

And if they don't wear dirac, does that make them less than a Somali?

I didn't realize that Somalis placed so much value into superficial stuff :confused:

lol... damned if you do and damned if you dont..

Maskin.. trust me man.. the Somali-centric women is a dying breed now... our only hope is maintaining the very few we got left..

Gediid   

I can't see the pics but if its about Diraac ,then I agree with DA on that one.I thinks Diraac is so over rated especially since thats not our traditional dress but rather an imported item which does not even do its job well of covering the body that wears it.

DraGon   

MMA

Thanx thats funny and cool...A white chick in a dirac.lol

Men some ppl are quick at shooting from the hips. Come on DA and OG give the bro a break??? This was done all in humor and ofcourse with some personal opinion for that matter.

Why do u feel the urge to challenge or be critical in every matter of cultural discussions??

Besides I didn't see anywhere where the bro said or implied to be a somali you have to wear a dirac and whether he said it or not am sure it

will not affect in anyway your choice of dresiing!!!!

Qac Qaac   

Maskin.. trust me man.. the Somali-centric women is a dying breed now... our only hope is maintaining the very few we got left..

I agree with this statement by Dangerous, 100%..

West un bayd sanka naga soo gel gelin mar walba..

hey Miskiin macroof, i don't agree with dirac and guntiino, coz it does't cover the women's body, and there fore it clashes with islamic teachings, but at home for her husband is cool, guntiino is fine if they cover that garab, and for dirac, it shouldn't be see through, atleast wear goorgorad and gabasaar with it, that's better.

Diamante   

dayumm, the girl waba qatar, macal dahab ayee la qabtaa lol

coming back to the topic, i bet if we wore it, you still wouldnt be satisfied with it. Maryooley waala yaqaana ee xan iyo balaayo ayee bilawi lahayeen cuz we all know how well dirac covers us up

Besides what is wrong with the skirst and stuff that we wear, since when was that too western

phew, muran jecla nibankaan...

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum Wr Wb

Lovely in the site of Allah? No. MMA love you for Allah's sake but I disagree with you on this one walaal. Where is the modesty?

Good to see MMA.